Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:39 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: March 10th, 2019, 2:28 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Daylight Saving Time is happening. That means, if you are lucky enough to live in a place that doesn't have DST, my streams will be an hour earlier for you starting Monday, at 9pm GMT.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 12th, 2019, 1:17 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I have finished playing the The Lost demo! Overall, I enjoyed it very much. If you haven't seen it yet, here's the Twitch playlist: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/2T_OINSchBWwMQ
And I will post this playthrough at Youtube later this year.

Next up on my to-do list is Geiken, by Orgaya. That'll be starting up this Saturday at Twitch, at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT: https://www.twitch.tv/draygone
Of course, I'll be going into it blind. The game and info can be found here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ken.46065/

Meanwhile, at Youtube, I've started posting my playthrough of Remote Control on RPG Maker 1. It's a story about two dudes who get sent through TV world, with several shows being parodied. For example... well, that's a surprise. This game won EGM's RPG Maker contest back in the day, so you know it's good. How good? Well, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... pQXknBrDAb

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 16th, 2019, 11:47 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Today, I did my first Geiken stream. This open world action/RPG is... interesting, to say the least. I'm VERY curious to see where this goes. And I hope you guys are, too. Check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/videos/396751326

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 4:14 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

My playthrough of Geiken is still ongoing at Twitch (and it's going great), but for those of you who would rather watch playthroughs at YouTube, I've started posting that there. Each stream will be split into smaller episodes, with each episode going up every Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 30Unq4d8kB

And while you're at YouTube, I've posted a short little playthrough of an RPG Maker 1 game by Dave Carter called Nano-Bot, which is a 2D platformer with gravity mechanics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGORzes--NI

PostPosted: April 20th, 2019, 12:03 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Gonna try an experimental schedule change.

I will now be streaming Geiken every Thursday & Saturday. Same time as usual: 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 10:34 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

At long last, I have finished Geiken. And... I did not get the best ending. I wanna see someone try for the best ending. Even if they have to use the guide included with the game, with one of the goals being to stay on course for the "defiance" path. This game is good enough that it deserves other playthroughs. It can be downloaded here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.ph ... ken.46065/

By the way, seems the YouTube playthrough will be totalling 111 episodes. Earlier today, I posted episode 40. So you got plenty of time to catch up if you wanna watch it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 30Unq4d8kB

As for the next game on my to-do list, I am returning to the first RPG Maker on the PlayStation 1. It'll be a silly adventure/quasi-platforming game called Roseanne's Adventure. It's a sequel to a game I streamed a few years back called Josh's Adventure. Perhaps you've heard of it? I enjoyed that game, so I assume I'll enjoy this one. And I'll be streaming it every Thursday & Saturday at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2019, 2:55 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

So Roseanne's Adventure was a pretty short game. I'll be posting it at YouTube later, but for now, you can watch my playthrough at Twitch.

Next up is an RPG Maker MV game called Downfall FES Re:Boot, which takes place in a post-post-apocolyptic underwater tower. Seems to have custom graphics, voice clips, and music. I'll be starting that today at Twitch and playing it every Thursday & Saturday at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT (though I hear it's also a short game).

PostPosted: July 21st, 2019, 11:50 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I have finished Downfall FES Re:Boot! If you missed it, the Twitch playlist can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/ziUBnACRshUBKA
(Gonna be four videos. I'll add the second two after I trim them up later this week.)

So what's next on my to-do list? Well, I think I'm gonna take a break from requests to tackle an old game that I've been wanting to tackle for a long time, Spheer on RPG Maker 2: https://www.rpgmmag.com/rmvault/rm2/games/151/spheer
I'll be streaming that every Thursday & Saturday at 4pm Eastern / 9pm GMT.

Meanwhile, over at YouTube, I have started posting my playthrough of The Lost, by Dutch Power Creations. As a reminder, this was an RPG Maker MV demo I streamed at Twitch earlier this year, about a tribe at war against a powerful nation.
The 7-stream playthrough has been split into 27 episodes, and they will go public on a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday schedule.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... L-GcHvOrOJ

PostPosted: August 1st, 2019, 4:29 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

So as it turns out, Spheer was a pretty dang good game! Totally recommended if you have the means to play it. And that sadly ain't likely. So instead, I will point you in the direction of my playthrough at Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/collections/uoSPtvzithWiaw

So what's next on my to-do list? Another RPG Maker 2 game, this one very different from the last! The game is SD Paradise, a pseudo-platformer starring an orange bear. The game was never completed, but I think it's interesting enough to show off, anyway. In fact, I showed it off once before, back in 2009. But, that playthrough sucked, and I wanna do better. I'll be starting it up in just a bit today at Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/draygone

It'll likely take two streams to beat, with the second being on Saturday.
Both streams at 5pm Eastern/9pm GMT.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 4:28 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I wish I would remember to do this more than 30 minutes before stream time. I have finished showing off SD Paradise on RPG Maker 2, and am moving on to RPG Maker 3 to play... something. It's like a pair of games in one, Temple of Despair & Animal Dash, the latter being... a solo racing game? That'll be starting, like I said, in 30 minutes at Twitch.
www.twitch.tv/draygone

And, by the way, for those who missed SD Paradise, the streams can be found here:
www.twitch.tv/collections/LH6RrdcEuRWhNQ

PostPosted: August 8th, 2019, 11:16 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

It's disappointing we only got a demo for SD Paradise, because the game looks pretty fun. Like Dray said about platformers on rpg maker, they play janky but are fun. This one was especially rough around the corners, but had some good ideas and I really enjoyed the setting.

It feels to me like there are a lot of platformers on rpg maker, but it's surprising to know that it's really just me and Dave who have made them (unless you count Jester's Hunt and Defenders of Light).

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: August 9th, 2019, 12:44 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I feel like there was another on RPG Maker 2, but I can't remember offhand what it was called. I think it was Pavilion-exclusive.

Anyway, it turns out that Temple of Despair & Animal Dash could be "finished" in a single stream. So on Saturday, I'm gonna start up a different RPG Maker game, this one a mystery/horror game called Siren's Reef. It's a sequel to Whispers in the Woods, which I let's played years ago. That game was pretty decent, so I expect this one to be even better.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2019, 1:13 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Scratch that. I'll be starting it Thursday, instead. Lost my voice, so streaming today is a no-go.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2019, 9:57 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

Sure enough, according to the wayback machine you are correct Dray:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170421214 ... rpgm2demos

Seems that 2D Adventure and Scurvy Dogs! are both platformers, though I haven't played them yet. Fortunately the download links seem to still be working for some games.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: August 15th, 2019, 2:09 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yeah, Siren's Reef is not available here at the Mag, so I had to recover it from Wayback's Pavilion. Speaking of, I'll be starting that in a few hours at Twitch:
www.twitch.tv/draygone

And for those who missed it, here was my stream of Animal Dash & Temple of Despair:
www.twitch.tv/videos/467609292

PostPosted: September 8th, 2019, 12:52 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

And so I have finished Siren's Reef! It's a pretty good game, although it was in desperate need of some playtesting. If you haven't seen it, my playthrough can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/RfNB-aFSvRWwSA

So, then...

Next up is Arc Arath, by Lantis & Sarah's Knight.
This game right here: https://www.rpgmmag.com/rmvault/rm/games/68/arc-arath
I'll be starting it up on the 19th!

PostPosted: September 18th, 2019, 11:31 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

A reminder that Arc Arath will be starting at Twitch in less than 24 hours! Meanwhile, this Saturday at YouTube, I'll be resuming that big open world action/RPG, Geiken: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 30Unq4d8kB

And, uh, by the way, I don't know how many of you remember when I've tried changing my identity from Draygone to Erika years ago. Gave up because reasons.

Well, I'm trying it again. At least online. I might not have the voice to match, but, screw it, I'm so very tired of being Draygone at this point. I wanna be myself.

I've already changed my name at my Twitch channel. This has resulted in a different URL:
https://www.twitch.tv/erika_fuzzbottom

PostPosted: December 14th, 2019, 8:35 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Level 29

Just curious when/if you're taking requests?
I'm pretty sure you know which game I'd like you to play (See Below).
Maybe I'll work on it to make a more playable demo just in case.
Twitch has been working for me, so I enjoyed watch Paper Mario and Banjo-Kazooie.

EDIT

I just finished modifying and testing the new Defenders Of Light (RM2) Demo.
Everything seems to be working, so if you want a copy let me know.
I've made some slight improvements over the previous Demo, as well.
I can either email it to you, or create another Game Page here.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2020, 1:45 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Level 29

I really appreciate you agreeing to play my RM2 Demo (Defenders Of Light: The Three Worlds)! I've tried to cram so much detail and use many of RM2's features.

In it, I used custom menus and the default menu. The only thing I couldn't get to work was removing the requirement to press the Square Button to retry and trigger certain automatic death animations. I remember you making a suggestion long ago, but something kept going wrong when I made the attempt.

Now, the only question is: How easy should the first area be?

As it stands, if you complete 5 out of the 6 initial Mini Games and visit one area for an item, you have access to the "showcase level". This place is supposed to illustrate how an actual completed "level" would work in the final game.

I feel the Mini Games are doable, but if you think it could be even easier, I can lower the requirement further. Maybe a total of 4 out of 6 Mini Games? (Which could actually mean completing 3 of 6, then visiting that area for an item.)

Let me know and I'll make it all work and post it here. I'll include a "read me" text file to highlight details of interest and provide tips. As promised, the Demo will be unlocked, so maybe I'll include some behinds the scenes details too.

Lastly, I'll post an announcement thread once the final product is uploaded and available.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2020, 1:34 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I dunno, maybe 4 out of 6? Either way, I plan on playing them all, anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next