Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 29th, 2024, 7:40 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 208  Next
PostPosted: November 24th, 2015, 12:49 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

They also hate us because we're Christian.

PostPosted: November 24th, 2015, 11:27 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Well, ISIS seems to hate everyone, really, so it does kind of irk me when Christians act like they're the only victims.

Quote:
Not only bombing them, but staging coups and forcing regime change since the early 1950's.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything about the ordeals in the Middle East, but it does seem to me that, while I TOTALLY think ISIS is crazy and must be stopped (note I said ISIS, and not ALL Muslims), America hasn't done very much to try to make friends and keep the peace, either. Shoot, it's been a stereotype for how long in movies and video games that we think we're invincible and always totally the good guys no matter what. .... One more reason for me to desire getting out of here and moving to Canada. It seems to me that they are generally much more civil folk and try to keep their noses out of everything, hence I don't know of any country right now with an itchy finger hovering near the Canada-eraser button.

And yeah, that was half my point in posting that article; it's a comedy site for Serena's sake, and yet it seems to me it knew more about what's up than Republican or Democratic politicians. I could be wrong, but, non-bias saves the day here.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 12:46 am 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Holy. Freaking. Crap can my mother freak out over the littlest things and nag like there's no tomorrow.

I have a job interview tomorrow. I KNOW TO WEAR IRONED CLOTHES AND TUCK MY SHIRT IN, LET'S NOT GET EXCITED. She swears up and down that a pair of black pants I already had, bought only three months ago and have worn twice are too worn and ratty to be appropriate for the interview, so she drags me to Target to buy a new pair. Totally not necessary, and shopping with your mother is typically a highly obnoxious experience all by itself anyway. But instead of starting a stupid argument over it, I just say, all right, let's just get it done. While we're there she assumes I have no belt, I say I do, and she claims it's not good enough we need to get a belt, too. She forgets while we're there and I say nothing BECAUSE I WANT TO STOP SHOPPING AT TARGET FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. NOT EVERYONE LIKES TO DO THIS CRAP. And I have a belt anyway.

She comes in just now, later on int he evening, and literally flips, going "OH MY GOD WE FORGOT A BELT!" I tell her to calm the hell down. I said I have one already. She goes, still frantic, "Let me see it then!" .... I am a 31 year-old guy, still having to check in with his mother like this and show proof to her that I am not lying about a stupid trivial thing like having a belt to wear at an interview.

She observes it, and somehow it checks out without her flipping out further, but then she gets frantic about a new thing. I MUST USE HER CAR TO GET THERE TOMORROW BECAUSE MINE WILL SURELY COLLAPSE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD ... because it has an annoying but still relatively minor issue with steering difficulty that for some reason refilling the power steering fluid reservoir did not fix. So I ABSOLUTELY must take her to work tomorrow morning so I can use her car later for the interview, or else the world will surely end in a fiery cataclysm tomorrow. And before leaving the room, in order to do that, she frantically tells me I need to go to bed SOON, OH SO SOON, so that I do not get tired and fall back asleep tomorrow after taking her to work and end up sleeping through my interview time. ... Yes, I am a grown freaking man, and she seriously thinks I have a good chance of missing a job interview by oversleeping if she doesn't loudly warn me three times.

Parents are just ... so annoying sometimes. I'm sick of being treated like I don't know jack sh*t about anything in life. And that she thinks she knows everything and her ideas about any given subject, no matter how trivial, are better than mine.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 12:02 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 159

"My Beloved Smother" indeed.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 6:26 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Ahhh. It sounds kinda funny when it isn't happening to me. ;)

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 10:09 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Glad it gave you guys a laugh, because last night I was highly ... HIGHLY irritated.

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 10:28 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

How did the interview go?

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 10:45 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

I hope the interview goes well!

I got the chance to meet and play with a few fellow gamers last Saturday. We ended up going over to someone's house and play several types of card games, which was fun.
There's a party next Saturday in that very house and I was invited. I'm sure I'll be my extremely awkward self (as I always am when surrounded by a lot of people I don't know, yay!) but I guess it could be a potentially fun night. Could be. :\

PostPosted: December 17th, 2015, 11:47 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

The interview was aight ... just like Silent Hill 5.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 12:04 am 
King of Heroes

Level 53

"Tell me why we should hire you."

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 1:36 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

So, all this talk of the newest Star Wars movie reminds me of this, which I can barely ever think of much less quote with a straight face:

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 1:45 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

PostPosted: December 18th, 2015, 8:49 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

Speaking of Star Wars, I'm not a die hard fan, but went to see it after work today.
I really liked it! It kind of had a feel similar to the originals.

PostPosted: December 30th, 2015, 8:30 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Okay, I'll admit, I didn't realize this JibJab thing on the Internet existed until recently, but it is stupid as hell, and creeped me the cluck out when I saw the faces of people in my own family pictured atop the cartoon bodies of Santa's elves, ... twerking to an upbeat version of a Christmas song.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2016, 12:46 pm 
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

PostPosted: February 12th, 2016, 12:07 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Come on die young.

Level 5

So in this thread we just rant about whatever? Okay I've got one...

I volunteer at a cat shelter twice a week. The owner there is very stern, and it runs in the family... Her nephew is very stern too. The difference being the owner is usually quite reasonable with her sternness. But this guy, this f*cking guy...

Like two weeks ago I had all the food trays on a cart, and one of them was out of line with the rest of them, so he put them all on one line and said it was pissing him off. I said "I have a system" and he lets out a frustrated sigh. I wanted to say "Yeah it's real annoying that I have a system" and most of the time I WOULD say that, I would jump right down a person's throat at the first sign of trouble... But I figured this is work and I should be more professional.

He tells me to do the kitten cages first, which was fine, but he did it with frustration in his voice and said that I was told that in my training. Which I was not. If I was told on my first day, I would have done it on my first day, and then I would have remembered the next day and the day after that. Plus if I were told that, it would have sounded familiar to me when he told me this time, and it did not sound the least bit familiar. I have a pretty damn good memory I would have remembered it. But I swallowed my anger and said "Oh, sorry, I don't remember that."

It gets better...

Then he asks me to hand him the little garbage bin. I just nudged it towards him with my foot. He said "I said PICK IT UP." And in my head I was all like, alright, that's a little strange, but I'll pretend like everything is normal. I say "Sounds like something my grandfather would have said... Don't lean against the wall, God gave you legs for a reason, pick it up with your hands, you have hands for a reason, et cetera et cetera..." He gives me this look like he was DEAD serious and this is NOT funny. So my smile just dropped and I said "Okay."

Now, today... He had grabbed the bin of dirty toys... I went and grabbed some loose toys from the room I was doing and I came and asked him where he put the toy bin. He says "pick stuff up" so I'm like, alright... I pick up one bin and he's all "NO." I pick up another bin and he's all 'NO." then I pick up the third bin and there it is. Finally I've had enough, I can't keep it inside any more. I say "You know this would have been much quicker if you had said pick THAT ONE up not pick STUFF up" and he said some stupid angry thing about common sense and I said "WHATEVER"

But I will give him credit for this, we can yell at eachother and then moments later everything is cool. I guess he's used to having people have angry outbursts at him.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2016, 10:52 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 159

Ah, dealing with the anal: Everything has to be done exactly as they want it to, no exceptions, and it's even worse if they expect you to be a mind reader.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2016, 3:48 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Man, that sounds like some ol' bullsh*t, no lie. My father was like that and I don't speak to him anymore.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2016, 9:33 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

GunarmDyne wrote:
Ah, dealing with the anal: Everything has to be done exactly as they want it to, no exceptions, and it's even worse if they expect you to be a mind reader.

I experience this at work. And I have about 5 different people telling me what to do (and differently) at the same time for the same or different projects. Annoying.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2016, 10:39 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Come on die young.

Level 5

Luckily for him he hasn't pissed me off lately, as I've decided to become real short with him as well. The intended goal is to get him to go cry to his aunt, the owner.

Ixzion wrote:
Man, that sounds like some ol' bullsh*t, no lie. My father was like that and I don't speak to him anymore.

Ack, I'd hate to have to live with that... Twice a week is more than enough for me.

GunarmDyne wrote:

Anal I can deal with, it's when anal meets irritable meets thinks he's always right and everybody else is always in his way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 ... 208  Next