Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:34 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: April 11th, 2006, 2:05 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I wish I could take credit for it. But I can't. The girl (who represents Serena) is not from any form of anime series or motion picture. It's was from an anime gallery that I picked up from google searching. The rest was done by making a playsation cover template and photoshop. Only three layers total. The back of the case was straight up MSpaint.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2006, 10:41 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Quote:
As far as knowledge... I have no problem teaching myself. As long as they give me the progams they use and whatnot. It's really a matter of getting someone's attention who is higher up on the gaming industriy's ladder.

From what I hear, the learning curve isn't as bad as you'd think, which gives me more hope than I probably don't need to rely on.
Yeah, during my last year of High School, they started a new programming class. It was a Semester-long course, and I jumped on it the moment I heard about it. I wish they had started it sooner, though. To my understanding, there's now at least a Programming II.

But that's okay, because I've got four books on the subject of programming. One focusing specifically on game design.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 12th, 2006, 10:17 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

^ that rocks dude. Wish I knew exactly what the ppl at square enix use. I heard they use cisco... which suprised me because I would think they would use something that no body has ever heard of. But anyway....

Just in case anyone might have wondered... I'll attach the demo to SoE. But be warned. We have done NOTHING for battle. All our attention is set on perfecting the story. After we finish the game, we are going to go back over the game completely, testplaying ever battle and making sure it's perfect, make sure it's not too hard, but still challenging. For this reason, the demo has just some crappily made enemies with hardly any HP... please keep this in mind before you judge the game as a whole.

Last edited by Lantis on September 27th, 2006, 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2006, 1:53 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
"The worst pokemon."

Level 0

... Square Enix use cisco? Cool... I'm sure they must use a ton of Macintosh', though.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2006, 2:35 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

It might be just a rumor, so don't go on that. But what a small world it would be if they do....

http://www.square-enix.com/na/jobs/

Check out some of their requirments.... *sigh* :\

PostPosted: April 14th, 2006, 2:34 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Uhg... gettting Eagle to text out scenes is like pulling teeth. But I can't blame him. The semester is almost over so final exams are beginning to take place, so I can see getting a passing grade being a notch higher on the totem pole than working on SoE right now. But I have been playing around. I made a promotional video with powerpoint... Now before you start thowing rotten tomatos at your computer monitor, just hear me out. I was really bored... and it turned out to be really funny. So, here it is... feel free to make fun of it... I sure have =Þ

PostPosted: April 14th, 2006, 5:29 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
"The worst pokemon."

Level 0

I just read some of the requirements. Shoot; that's a ton. It looks like all of the fun jobs are taken (they're all in Japan). Hrm... maybe their requirements is why they have these jobs open?

I mean, I know computers, and I can software program like mad (even though it's unrelated to their jobs), but that "experience" thing gets me every time. I almost didn't get a job about a couple years ago because I lacked "experience" in that particular field. I got the job anyways, because of my argument which was "every job requires you to have experience in that field, but how is someone supposed to gain experience if no field will take you unless you have experience?"

PostPosted: April 17th, 2006, 6:03 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Update: Finally got some work done on Scenario 5. Because of a few added scenes, the dungeon that took up alot of data is being pushed into scenario 6. As soon as Eagle Vision takes his final exams production should become alot more.... well, productive.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2006, 11:31 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Have you considered asking for your own development studio here? It seems like you'd make fair use of it.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 9:49 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

bah, I guess I could. But I won't be doing anything more than what I'm doing on this thread really... The main reason I started it here is because I'm posting the development as it goes.

Another Update: Because of the dungeon we pushed to the next scenario, scenario 6 already has 6½ blocks already gone. This sucks because I'm picking up a pattern here. The first few scenarios started with a block or two gone. Then 4 at gone, now 6. I'm just hoping that by the end of the game we will have enough room to finish it all..... Me and Eagle have a bet going, he thinks the final scenario will have no more than 8 blocks taken up already. I took that bet...

Oh and thanks for actually checking out my stuff I attach... Watching the downloading number go up makes it all worth while...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 3:34 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Older towns available on new cards really add up. The bigger your world, the less new stuff you're able to put on each card.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 5:19 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

If it doesn't get worse than 8 or so blocks less per scenario, it will be worth having a vast world to travel.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2006, 8:20 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Come to think of it, I haven't encountered any instances where I'd run out of blocks. Just memory. But then, that's probably because I do some memory-hogging things.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 1:42 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Well, I guess alot more work is about to be done... I just got layed off at work for a bit. -Till the 15 of May. This means that my trip to TN will, more than less, be canceled. Sucks to be me.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 2:53 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Slow period? My cousin's been forced into a week-long vacation this week.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2006, 3:33 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

yeah... you can say that. I just hope I'll still be able to pull of our trip... God knows I need the R&R...

PostPosted: May 4th, 2006, 9:43 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Okay, sorry for the wait... I say sorry only to make you wait some more. I go back home in two days. We get to start Scenario 6 when I do. The not cool thing is now I don't have internet access (my old job had it). But I've got an interview at what might be my new one. If I get it (which pays plenty) the first paycheck will net me High Speed internet. Also, our trip will be back into play for I won't start the new job till June.

Current Scenario: 5 @ 98%
Overall completion: 40%

No new advances on advertisment or the SoE offline website.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2006, 11:30 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I'll be glad to see you back.

Oh, and good job on the work so far.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2006, 8:07 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Rainbow Crash

Level 0

This game looks like it will be amazing. If only I had other people to help make my rpg...

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2006, 10:59 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

It really helps in the long run. With 3 ppl you can weed out bad ideas. Also, you have more people to think of good ones.

Anyway, I am at my parents house right now getting ready for the interview for this new job. If I get it, it not only means a HECK of a bigger income for me, but internet access at my home. Wish me luck.

On the SoE side of things: Eagle Vision has gone ahead and worked on a few scenes on scenario 6. We are meeting up with Clef tonight to get caught up with Eagle's work. The way things are going, we might actually have to push back SoE's release from late '06 (early '07) to the later part of spring '07.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next