Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently May 16th, 2024, 2:41 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 104  Next
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 11:02 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I haven't played FF8 in a while. Yesterday I decided to make a little headway into the final dungeon. Three seals down. I kinda wonder what the purpose of all those pictures is. I'm sure I'll have to figure it out in order to break one of the seals. But I'll save that for last. I'm gonna pass on breaking the Draw seal, and if I don't find it annoying to trek all the way through the dungeon to reach the final boss (encounters are easy enough to run from), I might pass on the Save seal as well. That'd be two bosses I wouldn't have to worry about, which is a good thing, because I think one of the bosses is Omega Weapon. Or was it Ultima Weapon? I'm sure there are two Weapons in this game. The one holding Eden was hard enough!

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 12:27 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Draygone wrote:
I haven't played FF8 in a while. Yesterday I decided to make a little headway into the final dungeon. Three seals down. I kinda wonder what the purpose of all those pictures is. I'm sure I'll have to figure it out in order to break one of the seals. But I'll save that for last. I'm gonna pass on breaking the Draw seal, and if I don't find it annoying to trek all the way through the dungeon to reach the final boss (encounters are easy enough to run from), I might pass on the Save seal as well. That'd be two bosses I wouldn't have to worry about, which is a good thing, because I think one of the bosses is Omega Weapon. Or was it Ultima Weapon? I'm sure there are two Weapons in this game. The one holding Eden was hard enough!

Well you don't fight any of the Weapons to unlock anything. You can't accidentally fight Omega Weapon to my knowledge as he is the toughest boss in the game, and therefore completely optional. He is not necessary to beat to unlock any of your skills. Also the bosses in the final are will have any GFs you might have missed as drawable.

As for me played some more GH II, almost got through the 5th set, but Freya was very frustrating to play so I'll try it tomorrow. I should be getting Pokemon Pearl tomorrow so I'll likely be playing that a lot in the coming month.

http://www.thetruecoolness.com
Are you prepared? Do you believe in the Coolness? Well either way check it out.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:38 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Well, so after almost a month, I decided to pick up PSU again. Made people happy letting them know I'm still alive, found some people who knew me from the PSOW forum, so we all grabbed our swimsuit and start dancing and shaking our booties in the hot spring, stealing empty wallets and asking for HUG NAO (ok, so the I was the only one doing the last 2 things)
I also played 3 of 5 new missions of Firebreak operation.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:50 pm 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I wish I had PSU....
I am currently a level 30 HUmar named Tosh on PSO. Playing and replaying ep. 1 trying to finish all the ep.1 quests before bothering with ep. 2.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 12:10 am 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 0

I've wanted to get into PS but idk how to get on the internet w/ a gc

PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 12:12 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

Don't bother. The servers for PSO on GC are down. Only Xbox PSO servers remain.

PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 12:49 am 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 0

No more DC either.

That sucks.

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 2:48 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Fighting Ultimecia: Nooooo problem.
Fighting her GF: Suffering an attack that causes more damage than I've got Max HP. :cry

So yeah, I'm gonna have to find out if that attack of his has an element I can defend against.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 4:33 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

PSU: Can't play online for now... my "liscence" expired. :cry

PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 10:57 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

<p align="center">I...

Beat...

Final...

Fantasy...

VIII!

<p align="left">
So apparently my major fault was simply that A) I wasn't junctioned for magic defese and B) I didn't have any of my HP +% junctions equipped. So, once I fiddled around with my stats, my Max HP averaged a little over 7000, and the damage from Griever's attack was cut down to only 3000-4000. And of course I had a healthy stock of Megalixers to deal with any massive-damage attacks, and I Aura-Renzokukened (and Aura-Booya'd) my way to victory. But I feel I made an accomplishment, because Ultimecia's final form had a ton of HP, enabling her to use Hell's Fury (or whatever attack it is that drops my party HP to 1) multiple times and also her ultimate attack Apocolypse. And I accidentally handicapped myself since I forgot to junction the right commands to a couple of my characters. And it's not like I went and gained 100 each of the best spells or obtained Squall's best weapon. So I still had to pay attention to what I'm doing as far as stat-equipping and battling. And the ending was way worth it, of course. And just in case mine was a lucky win (if Ultimecia had destroyed one of my important junctioned stats, or all my Auras, that might've been trouble), I put the ending on tape. :)

Oh, I was also quite relieved it wasn't my old faulty copy I re-obtained. One of my older copies froze a little ways into the ending. Obviously, that was quite frustrating. And as a side-note, my idea of using GFs as defense when about to be major-attacked failed; Ultimecia simply destroyed my GFs. And it even said "destroyed GF defense" or something like that.

Now, I need to figure out what game to play next. Besides Pokemon, or any RPG for that matter.

Last edited by ErikaFuzzbottom on June 9th, 2007, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 4:41 am 

Level 0

Umm dray I think you need another I there buddy, VII = 7.

As for me, beat the first tier on Expert in Guitar Hero II and an up to tier 7 in Hard. Also I beat Jordan on hard once, though I'm not sure how that happened.

Also I have 4 badges and about 88 Pokemon seen in my Pokedex in Pokemon Pearl. So probably a good third or so through the game.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 12:52 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

@Dray - Why not a shooter? Pick up Halo, or maybe Time Splitters 2.

My Pokemon Blue got erased :cry

My friend was playing it and went to Cinnabar and was messing around and encountered 'M (Or MissingNo.) and caught it...my game just clucked up.

As for another two games I've been playing (Halo, Time Splitters 2) Im on the Library but I can't beat it...damn [spoiler]Flood[/spoiler]...

And for Splitters, I've been just playing Multiplayer. I usually do Team Deathmatch to 100 kills. I usually win ^_^

PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 8:50 pm 

Level 0

F yeah, 2 songs away from beating Hard on GHII. Wish I could do better than 5 stars on the songs, but beating a lot of the tier 8 songs on the first try made me happy. So only Hangar 18 and the dreaded Free Bird to do. I'll probably beat them tomorrow.

But man I was in the groove today so to speak. Also beat Jordan on hard again, because it's fun to play.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 10:42 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I think the only "shooters" I have right now are the Ratchet & Clank games. I don't feel like playing any of them (or any other game for that matter, yet), but I see no reason to get any new ones.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 2:40 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 0

I started Dragon Quest VIII. Im still at the first town. Im powering up my party outside tho.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 9:01 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I've been busy as of late so I haven't really progressed to far in .hack GU 2. While it's a good game, I was thinking that the story lacked a bit as it never really seemed to get too terribly serious. Well, until now. Some sh*t went down and I'm moderately impressed.

I actually thought my characters were over-powered as I like to go and do most of the missions on the message boards... and even do some random fighting afterwards. But I'm at a point in the game now where I get my head handed to me. It's all good as I still have some things I wanted to do first anyway.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 11:55 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I have finally aquired a copy of Aidyn Chronicles on N64. Dunno how far I'll get into it, but we'll see.

So far it doesn't seem to be doing much fancy, aside from one cutscene. I mean, there's no special battle transition (the screen just fades out) and the battle themes are mostly a drumming beat with little in the sound effects department. And no fanfare. On the plus side, there seems to be two or three different regular battle themes. Dunno if they're randomly selected or if it depends on location, enemy count, or whatever.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 5:27 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I just got PSU for PS2 for an unbelievable five dollars. Haven't taken it online yet and won't until I play a little more offline. Also, if there are any PSO players still let me know and we can get a game going. Heck I will even take PSU online if someone here will ask.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 9:34 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I've finished .hack//G.U. 2 the other day. Very nice. I'd say it was even better than the first G.U. The ending very much left me thinking of wtf happens next. Vol.3 Redemption was released in January 18, 2007 in Japan... so we probably won't be seeing it for quite a few months. I'll be picking it up the day it's out though.

Moving on... I'm going back to SNES for a while. Last night I started Terranigma. The resemblance to Illusion of Gaia in the text fonts, sound effects, and even gameplay is uncanny. <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_series">I wonder why...</a> I've only completed the first tower, which takes all of 15 minutes. Took me a while to figure out how to do all the moves, you start out with 6... and they tell you how to do none of them.

Anyway, the storyline hasn't really picked up all that much, but it's similar to Illusion of Gaia's a bit. I'm sure it'll be a good game.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 1:54 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I have finally beated DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 2's story mode.
After countless defeats and sore fingers on the GT Saga I was able to beat it.
But my quest to unlock all the characters isn't over.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 104  Next