Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 29th, 2024, 8:33 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 6:26 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

At long last, I am ready to unveil the RPG Maker Let's Plays collaboration channel on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RPGMLPs?feature=mhee

Basically, anybody who wants to see someone play their game will send me a message, I'll add it to a request list, and then someone will come along to play that game on camera. It will really help lighten the load if other folks join in the RPGM let's playing, as it takes me way too long to get through these games, myself.

And that's really all there is to say about it. It's pretty simple in concept, really. Feel free to look around the channel and the available playlists to see how exactly everything works. And if you have any questions about the new channel, by all means, ask. =)

ORIGINAL POST:

So, I am in the process of creating a channel for RPG Maker let's plays. No, it will not replace my regular channel. I will continue to upload my LPs on it like normal. The RPGM let's play channel is going to be a collaboration channel where various LPs of RPGM games are collected in playlists for convenience.

The main reason I'm creating the channel is because I've gotten more requests than I can handle. Basically, the waiting list is over a year long. And unfortunately, it seems like I'm the only one who is regularly let's playing RPG Maker games. So I'm hoping that this collaboration channel I'm creating will encourage others to help lighten the load.

Before the channel goes public, I need to carry over the list of requested games I have. I'm planning on the new request list to consist of videos, either of trailers created by the designers, or short segments of the game in action recorded by me. Below is that list (if I'm missing a request, tell me). If you could, let me know if you have a trailer for your game, or if you want me to record a short snippet of your game (it will not include commentary). Alternatively, if you'd absolutely prefer that I be the one to let's play your game, let me know.

Note that "SS World 2" and "Simple Man's Quest for the Playground" are not listed here. I'll be the one to play them, on account I'll be doing "SS World 2" in just a few weeks, and "Simple Man" includes me as a cameo.

Here's the list:

Cursed Desires (RPGM1) - Requested by Vonwert
Tree of Life (RPGM3) - Requested by Obright
The Second Dimension (RMVX) - Requested by Oopsifarted
Third Realm (RMVX) - Requested by Ihsorak
The Lore of Lorewyn (RMVX) - Requested by bastian
Castle of Darkness (RMVX) - Requested by cyberskelet0n
White Rose Online (RMVX) - Requested by Rainbow Jellow
Siege (RMVX) - Requested by Redeye
Intelligence (RMVX) - Requested by BizarreMonkeyCorp

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

Last edited by ErikaFuzzbottom on June 21st, 2012, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 18th, 2012, 9:29 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage

Level 23

Ugh. I was hoping I might be able to get you interested in doing one of mine some time, mostly out of curiosity to find out what kinds of zany stuff you'd do while playing my games.

Maybe in a couple years after the list has been exhausted...

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 6:32 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Okay, I need a bit of help with the welcome video for the new channel. Part of it gives simple instructions on how the channel works. Rather than instructions in the form of a wall of text, I want to use simple icons to make it look streamlined. The problem is, I hate drawing, and can't get myself to draw those icons. So I'm hoping someone would be interested in drawing up the icons for me.

There are two halves to the instructions. The first half explains how to submit a let's play request for their games, the second half explains how the let's plays themselves are handled. Here's a rundown of the instructions.

First up, these icons are needed for the first half of the instructions:
1) "If you have a game that you have created on RPG Maker,..."
2) "You can either link me to a trailer that you have uploaded,..."
3) "...or if you prefer, I can record a bit of your game and upload that."
4) "And then, I'll add your game to the list of requested games."

And here's the second half of instructions, for the let's players.
1) "Then, if anybody wants to let's play it,..." (preferably an icon representing a let's player)
2) "...they can download the game,..."
3) "...and then play your game on camera, with commentary."
4) "After that, all they need to do is upload the videos they recorded to their own Youtube channel" (make sure the emphasis on this icon is that the video goes to THEIR channel, not the LP channel)
5) "I'll create a playlist for it on this channel" (this time, it's about the LP channel)

These aren't the complete instructions, but those 9 bits are what I need icons for.

Finally, the first half and the second half of the instructions each need to fit on this image:

No, I don't need the icons to be part of that image. I can edit them in during video editing. I'll be "linking" them together with arrows to show the flow of events. Also, the icons don't need to be fancy. Actually, I'd prefer they be kept simple, though not too vague. With a video that size, simple images would work best, anyway.

Hopefully I explained what I need well enough. Feel free to slap me upside the head if I didn't.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: June 16th, 2012, 3:30 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Okay, well, apparently I'm just going to have to settle for displaying text instructions. So now I need you guys to let me know if these instructions are easy to understand.

Requesting Your Game
1) Send me an instant message.
2) Share a trailer you have uploaded for your game, or...
Link me to your game, and I'll record a simple video for you.

Let's Playing Requested Games
1) Download the game.
2) Record yourself playing the game, adding commentary as you play.
3) Upload the videos to your own account.
4) Let me know you uploaded it, so I can add a playlist for it on this channel.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2012, 9:58 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Don't think it could be any more simple... Also, I'm a big fan of trailers.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2012, 10:41 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

The new channel is live! See the first post of this topic for details.