Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:52 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 9:31 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

If you haven't heard by now, a few met in 2008 in Atlanta. It was a bit awkward at first, but we warmed up to our IRL selves in a hurry. And we ended up all having a really good time. So much that we met again this year. And this year, I believe was even better than the last. We had a few more members show up this year. Click here for vids

Here's how this worked. Feros has put this together for the two last years... as such, he's had us all meet up at FWA. A fur convention in Atlanta. Definately makes for an interesting time. And I know that this has been brought up before to a few people either in chat or over xbox live or something. And after talking with a few people and a number of members, I believe Ix and I would like to try and arrange our own Magcon.

But to do that, we need to know a few things such as who all would be interested. If we can find out exactly WHO is wiling to come and WHERE they are located, we may be able to pick out a central area for everyone to meet up.

Once we have the location, we can start planning on things to do. A good bit of the time last year in Atlanta was spent playing a good number of video games from classic to new. Also, handhelds were quite popular this year too. Magic the Gathering was also quite popular. Besides that, we can make sure there's enough xboxs/PS3s/Wiis and set up some tournaments. Also, anyone who is actually working on an RPG Maker game, is highly encouraged to bring a demo... and demo it live. We did this in Atlanta this year and it was awesome. It's a great way to get people looking at your game and gives you, the maker, time to give commentary on what you've been working so hard on.

And that's only the game related stuff. So, if you are interested, please post that you'd be willing and where you live. We don't want to plan something in california if everyone lives on the east coast. I believe we can really have a great turn out and that this could be a great deal of fun.

From top left to bottom right: Draygone, Lantis, Feros, Kajak, TheTrueCoolness,
Bonanza, Deeper Kyo, Ixzion, and AssassinWuff (who was kind of not really
here for the Mag, but he chilled with us for the enitre trip)

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 9:35 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I'd be interested, so long as it doesn't collide with other plans I may already have, so a definitive date would be good before I make plans. I'll more than likely be in Alabama at the time.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 12:30 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

Looks like a sausage fest. :P

I would definitely be up for meeting everyone. So that I can argue with you in person! (where are the emoticons? Otherwise you won't know that I am kidding. {insert emoticon here as well})

I live near Washington D.C. but I can always make a trip to the Chicagoland area (might as well visit the folks) or Miami/Miami Beach (I still have been meaning to visit my cousin who lives there).

I suggest a college campus though. It will still be a central location but give us reasonable prices, easy fast food, probably a Gamestop, bookstores, music stores, student union, and bars for those so inclined to beer, etc.

Oh yeah, and plenty of eye candy.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 10:32 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

You know I'm at FWA for furry first and video games second. But, I did enjoy the bouts of Smash Bros and Mario Party. Where this would be and when would be a large part of this, though. I had to take six nights off work to make it to FWA. I'm not sure how much "vacation time" that leaves me for the year. :P

If it helps, I'm in southern Illinois.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 11:24 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

No road trip will get me close enough to wherever place you decide to do it.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 11:38 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
The Thread Necromancer

Level 0

Location: Out there. In that place. You know, with the "thing"
Sorry, same here. The only time I planed on crossing the mason/dixon line, was when Me and Rena (that's my Fiance's SN on Gaia, FYI) were going to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky.

Even New Jersey would be a little to far. :(

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 11:49 pm 
Elf lover

Level 37

But I meant it literally. Living on an island makes out of country road trips impossible.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 2:34 am 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I know I will keep this in mind. I am in AZ. I know most of you are east coast though.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 2:50 pm 

Level 4

Now that I work for mesaba, I can travel pretty much anywhere. lol

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 5:34 pm 
Keep it cool

Level 13

I'm poor as hell. Unless you guys plan to make a trip to sunny Spokane Washington, I'll have to pass.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 11:00 pm 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I was originally voting for PAX in Seattle in Aug. but its too soon. Now I vote for PAX in Boston or Seattle in 2010.
I would rather a general gathering of just us doing our own thing than a con but if it attracts more people, I would go with a con.

I would host if there were things to do of interest in PHX... I am surrounded by nice hotels and restaurants and theaters and retail stores (Hilton, Meriott, Hampton across the street, more a block away; 8 sit down restaurants in 2 blocks, bars, retails), but other than that, there's not too much to do here. Lotsa nice bar/wing joints :P

I am actually a great place to host other than you all are so far away. I have broadband, wifi, big enough living room to do stuff, 2 couches, recliner, I could clear the dining room for more space, my neighbors are nice and friendly, there's a party room in the main building we could use. It has a big screen above a fireplace, surround sound, computers, lots of space, a bar with a fridge for our party foods and beverages, 2 pools, 2 hot tubs, basketball/tennis court. There's bowling and a skate park less than half a mile. I have all the makers here to show your stuff and the systems to play them on. All I don't have is a Wii (but I am positive I could borrow my friends) and a PS3.

So in my ramblings that are pretty much for myself but ended up typed out, I wouldn't mind hosting. We could find stuff to do if we really needed to go do anything, but I think that for the most part it would be a MAG Con and not a go out to do stuff and spend more money type thing. I am in Goodyear AZ which is basically the southwestern most edge of phx as its all one metropolitan mess for the entirety of phx and its neighbors.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2009, 8:23 pm 

Level 0

As much as dislike the idea, maybe realistically we should have both an east coast convention and a west coast convention, possibly simultaneously if no one wants to travel to both.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 9:47 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just for a starting point to work off of, I think I kind of like Insults Idea. I'm not aginst jumping on a plane if I need to, and hopefully I can grab Kajak and SK and drag them with me. Of course that means Ix, Bon, Feros, and whoever would be travelling practically across the US. While I would like us all to meet at the same place, if we had to split it, that would be fine.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 10:18 am 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I can't afford plane tix for it. I can't afford to drive there either. So, AZ is out for me. It would take me about 3 days to drive there from Alabama, then 3 to drive back. I would only get to spend about a day there.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 12:23 pm 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Blithering idiot.

Level 0

I'd be interested in a road trip to wherever, so long as it isn't too far south, I'm in bloody Canada eh!

Good thing would be that I am smack dab in the middle, so west or east, makes no real difference.
Inheriting a reliable car in a week as a b-day gift, I'll have the means to travel, plane ticket might even work too. And I'm assuming this is at some point next year, I will have accrued more than enough vacation time to take whatever time off I need to come hang out for a few days at the rate I'm going. I'm also in the hotel industry for Choice Hotels, so if we can't land a place to stay, or Insult's hosting plans don't work out, I can probably manage a pretty decent discounted rate at one of the many fine lodgings(Choice is the largest hotel chain worldwide) anywhere in the country for a few fellow magonians and myself.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 3:24 pm 
Call me Bon

Level 22

Money is tight, so I can't do a plane. Help me out, guys! :(

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 3:28 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yes, we must start the "Get Bonz to Magcon 2010" fund. :P

How comparable are bus fares to plane rates? I know Greyhound basically cuts the price of a ride in half if you order tickets early enough.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2009, 8:29 pm 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

[url]http://www.greyhound.com/home/ticketcenter/en/step1.asp[/url]
Check the link and find prices.
For Alabama I searched Montgomery to Phoenix and it was almost 2 days on a bus each way: $148 round trip. Flying would be on average twice that but far less time traveling.

PostPosted: April 21st, 2009, 9:28 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Did anyone go see Knowing? And if so, do you remember that plane crash scene? That was graphic... like, REALLY graphic. But I think I'd go with a plane just to keep the travel time down. I thought 9 hours to Atlanta was bad enough. Google maps tells me it would be around 13 hours worth of driving from Arkansas. Fun times.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2009, 3:23 am 
The Thread Necromancer

Level 0

Location: Out there. In that place. You know, with the "thing"
Don't forget the Amtrack! Tickets are usually like $44-$220 round trip, depending on distance. Plus, you can pretty much get any where in the country within 2 days.

All Of The Above Statements Have Been Given The Staffmaster Seal of Approval. Have A Nice Day!!