Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 28th, 2024, 8:16 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 25th, 2005, 3:49 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Um yeah, instead of editing my Announcements and Such post all the time, I'm just going to create a new topic and delete the old one after I find it's become old enough. Especially since editing a post doesn't change the date on the topic. Makes me wonder how many people don't know I've made something like 8 updates since that topic was created here.

Anyway, the Pavilion recently had that contest. Guess what I entered? Jester's Hunt. Yeah, the original. I probably could've cooked something new for the contest, like that The RPG Maker I still want to create. But dang it, back in June I decided to try coming up with a shorter game to make use of my CBS, but I had eternal writer's block, aside from this one game that seemed too dark for RPGM1's limitations and graphics (you know, like being unable to move more than one different person at a time).

So yeah, I had no choice but to let Jester's Hunt be my only entry. But rather than let the old JH be entered, I decided to give it an update. Nothing that will make anyone want to play it again, though. The biggest change I made was adding a new custom title screen. Other than that, I fixed a couple bad glitches, merged the 2-minute scenario data intro with the rest of the game, and changed some of the text to be easier to read.

Next on the agenda, I recently got a new computer, but it's faulty, so I can't do anything with it. No internet means no updating the glitchy Windows XP (it kicks me out of anything more complex than the built-in 3D Pinball game after a short time), plus for some reason it has a tendancy of rebooting itself. But after I get it fixed, I'm ONCE MORE going to start putting together my plans for [game which shall not be mentioned by name], and will eventually put that on RPG Maker XP.

As for the here-and-now, I'm starting work on Jester's Hunt 3D. FINALLY. I probably told you guys my plans already, but since there doesn't seem to be a JH3D topic right now, I'll spill a few beans right here.

Jester's Hunt 3D takes place shortly after Dragon Warrior I (the ending of JH1 ties into DW1). Mr. Knight has just married Princess Lora Gwealin, and are taking their honeymoon at a recently-built multiplex cinema. Unfortunately, Jester's waiting for them there, and he's not in a very happy mood. He kidnaps Lora with the help of his new henchgirl, who is currently unnamed. Instantly the movie theatre is turned into Jester's new playground, and Mr. Knight is once more on a quest to gather Trophies in attempt to reach the end of Jester's stupid quest.

I'm still working out the gameplay details. I'm hoping for seven new levels (the original had 6), each with maybe six Trophies. I'm trying to find a way to bring Tokens back as well, as soon as I figure out some new Moves and Abilities for Mr. Knight to learn. The fighting engine will probably be upgraded some, though I'm going to create a level using the same mechanics of bumping into enemies to battle that the original JH used, and go on from there. I'm also going to base level size on those of the original JH, so there won't be these super-huge levels like Banjo-Tooie had (its biggest downfall). I'm hoping to throw in some cheats, though i don't know how they'll be implemented. I'm hoping to throw in some custom music, though it depends on how much memory the rest of the game takes.

So that's it. Obviously, JH3D is way too early in development to give away many details. I left out a couple details, one of which might be a risky move on my part. But I like the ideas I have so far, and I'm going with them. :draygone:

_