Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:37 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 12:59 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

Gosh, I had than discussion a 100 times. :-) The answer is i don't think so
Quote:
You're not allowed to use the RTP materials outside of a game made with RPG Maker XP

Read carefully the EULA that's not what's written
For the records :
ENTERBRAIN grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-assignable, fee-free license to use the RTP SOFTWARE only for the purpose to play the GAME created and distributed by RPG MAKER XP users who shall complete the registration procedure.
C. Restriction
Licensee shall not reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble the RTP SOFTWARE.
Further, Licensee shall not sell, distribute, assign, lease, sublicense, encumber, or otherwise transfer the RTP SOFTWARE and/or its data without any prior written consent of ENTERBRAIN.

Basically the EULA says you can't use the RTP if you don't have the RMXP licence (which I have), and that the game should be made with RPG Maker (which I did), that it should be created and distributed by the RMXP users (me, and which is the case), and that I can't sell the RTP, which I don't, maybe I'll sell the game, which is allowed further in the licence

There are some discussion about that but I don't want to throw forum's link

Quote:
You're not allowed to decompile, reverse-engineer, or disassemble the RTP materials, or anything from the RPGMXP engine itself.

Again it's not what's written, and indeed it wouldn't fit the law, the datas produces by any tools are the property of the user (as your excel file is not the property of Microsoft)
Now regarding the RMXP exe, the file is untouched here, we only use the rxdatas

Otherwise, more concretely, I've seen indies game on the Live with some RTP who passed the Microsoft Evil test.

Now, amid the legal part and using my common sense, I don't see Enterbrain having an argument with a user who paid the licence fees and who can promote the use of their tool

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 1:15 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Okay, cool. Just wanted to make sure you were playing it safe.

PostPosted: February 12th, 2011, 9:13 am 

Level 0

The link to the playable demo is available again
Enjoy!

Please MP me if you find bugs or glitches
Next step for us will be to publish the game on Xbox live, it's currently being tested there as well

Then we would have done the whole process : from Game creation to game publishing on XBLI and I will have proven it could work ^^
So I guess we are still in line with delivering the engine by the end of march

See you
Geex Powa :)

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 10:28 am 

Level 0

GLOBAL NEWS

Count down has started, we are now ready to use Geex Suite.

What's in the suite?

We are currently packaging all the tools and documentation (in English):
- Geex Transpose to migrate rmxp datas to geex data
- Geex make, custom event commands
- Geex Run, our copyright DLL
- Geex Play, the open source RPG engine you can customize

With this 1.0 package you'll be able to Edit your game with RMXP but play the data with Geex Engine

How is it going to work?

Basically you will need:
- RPG Maker XP
- Visual Studio Express 2010 (free)
- XNA Studio 4.0 (free)
- And download the Geex Suite on our web site

Then you just have to :
- create a link between visual studio and rmxp (very easy to do and part of the doc)
- edit your game with RMXP, as usual + you can use geex make new event commands
- launch geex transpose to turn your rmxp data into geex data (take a couple of seconds)
- launch your game in Visual Studio
- custom your c# geex engine, if you need it

How can I get that?

On our site (http://www.geexpowered.com) we will share the Geex Suite FOR FREE until the end of the year for you to play and test it.
However the engine won't work after 31.12.2011 and would not allow you to publish on xbox.

For those you have an Creator Account :
- Full package include xbox dll
- licence rights
- support on our site forum
- free updates of the dll
- free scripts for the open source engine
- free resources you can use for your game (musics, graphics etc)

The Creator account is 10+10:
- 10 euros for all services above
- 10% share if your game generates revenu

Keep posted, we'll be publishing Geex Suite in the coming weeks to :
http://www.geexpowered.com users

Geex Team.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2011, 10:43 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Good to see you're still pluggin' away at it. :)

PostPosted: March 31st, 2011, 9:08 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I really need to get XP. I've only dealt with the console makers. I think now might be a good time to go head and put some money into this.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2011, 4:43 am 

Level 0

Geex Engine is online
After two years of work, two month and two days late, Geex is finally released for a public beta.
You will find it on the download page. Say "hello" Geex, "hello world" ! : www.geexpowered.ch (tools and docs)

It's made of :
Geex Make : a language to be used in RPG Maker XP to customize your events
Geex Transpose : an executable that turns your RPG Maker XP data into Geex Data
Geex Run : Our dll
Geex Play : The open source RPG engine
Geex Edit : Not yet release but you can use RPG Maker XP in the meantime to edit your games as we import the data

Let me remind you Geex is PC/Xbox compatible and we're working on a Windows Mobile version. And that The Fall of Gods, the first game made with Geex, is part of Dream Build Play microsoft contest :)

Finally, it's beta release, it's all free until the end of the year, we do all the support at our forum and we are looking for your feedback to improve our tools

Geex : A Game Engine, A Community

PostPosted: June 9th, 2011, 10:22 am 

Level 0

Hello

Here comes the first game made and finished with Geex Engine
it's been on playtest on XBLI as we speak and will be released on PC after the 15th of June. The game is also part pof Build Dream Play contest (yn)

here comes a little trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQfqum_9zKo

Thanks for your support and help :)

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 11:42 am 

Level 0

Hi There

The final version of The Fall of Gods is available (in english) here:

http://www.geexpowered.com/sites/defaul ... g/TFOG.exe

Beware the game requires:
- DirectX 9.c minimun
- XNA (but install is automatic)

The Game should also be available in 2 weeks on Xbox Live Indie Game (yn)

Have Fun

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2011, 7:16 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Cool to see that this has worked. I'm not sure how well it'll take to XBLA if a game uses any of the default graphics and sound, or even worse: copywritten material. (Don't really know how they go about approving games.) But it's cool, anyway.

Now we just need something like this for RPG Maker VX. :P

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2011, 5:01 am 

Level 0

BIIIIIIG NEWS
AT LONG LAST

The Fall of Gods has been released to Xbox !!!

To celebrate that:
I offer 3 xbox free copies of the game every week during 4 weeks. All you need to do download the trial and rate it on Xbox Live Indie Games and PM me your gamertag at :
http://geexgames.xooit.fr/
I am looking forward to seing you on Xbox Live ;)

Geex Powa

Admin Edit: This is a backup of the picture he posted, in case he deletes it:
http://www.rpgmmag.com/imagine/imagez/f ... 284686.png

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 9:19 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I was browsing old threads and I happened to run across this again.

After re-reading it, I realized something. I was completely in the wrong to apologize for my assumptions I made earlier on the first page. In fact, that's exactly what happened. Roys came here to do nothing more than sell a product. He had absolutely no interest in the community (as can be seen by searching his posts and seeing he only ever posted in this thread), and after finding out that no one was really interested, left (and have been gone for almost a year). And you had the audacity to try to make me feel like I was in the wrong for calling you out on exactly what you are.

And since you're gone, I can openly say you suck without worry of your QQ-ing.

The only reason I'm even posting this is because of how bad I felt making such a hasty assumption about someone, when I shouldn't have... because I was right. Next time, I go with my gut.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 2:35 pm 

Level 0

I admit you are right for my last post, and I admit I am active on many community but not here, I feel like I am in the wrong place
For what it's worth, please get rid of my thread if you don't mind

PostPosted: August 29th, 2012, 2:42 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Delete it? Hahaha. No. I'm keeping this one. So when the next guy comes in here and tries to spam the site and pretend they actually care about being here, I can point them here.

In fact, this is perfect for MToL subform.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 3:40 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Here's an update:

http://www.desura.com/games/the-fall-of ... -1/reviews

Roys wrote:
Awarded Best Old School Action-RPG by RPGM Mag, The Fall of Gods is a Zelda like game, inspired by Action-RPG you used to play on 16-bit console.
If you like to collect & swap items, fight with different weapons, cast spells, wear armors, rafting, hidden spots, puzzles, drive balloon, brew potions, side-quests, fairy fountains, a sense of irony, and of course, if you like to save the World ?
Then you will like The Fall of Gods.

The game features:
+ custom orchestral musics
+ 4 dungeons to beat
+ side-quests and chain collection items
+ a huge world, where you can wander
+ playable with keyboard (customisable), mouse, or your Xbox Pad
+ Oracle help in case you're stuck
+ 3 speed modes (sneak, walk, run)
+ Codes to unlock new features
+ A Xbox and Windows Mobile version

Minimum requirements:
- DirectX9.0c or greater
- Resolution : 800*600
- CPU: 1.6 Ghz
- RAM: 512MB, HDD: 100MB
- GFX: 128mb Video Memory

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 0258550979

Roys wrote:
This game was classified by the community with the following category scores - Violence=2/3, Sex=0/3, Mature Content=1/3. Awarded Gold Indie A-RPG by RPG-M Magazine. The Fall of Gods is inspired by Great Action-RPG you used to play on console, You'll fight many Enemies, cast 12+ spells, wear 8+ armors, do rafting, find out hidden 50+ spots, sort-out 100 riddles & 12+ side-quests, drive balloon, chat with 100+ NPCs, brew potions and swap items, unlock 10+ awards and of course : Save The World

http://www.moddb.com/games/the-fall-of- ... action-rpg

Roys wrote:
The RPGM Magazine awarded The Fall of Gods "Gold" Game and best Game of the Month with a Ranking of 18/20

Posted by GeexGames on Feb 13th, 2013
(extracts from RPGM Magazine, and translated from french)

The Fall of Gods

is one of the best indie game we played this year. The world is immense and varied and fits well with the amazing custom soundtracks. The scenario is not one of the most original ones, however there are some surprises in the game, and it reminds us of good old-Zelda (*love*)
You really must try this game, not only it supports Dedicated Indie Creator (GeexGames) but you will take a good bite of good old-school action-RPG

It would take you around 10hours to finish the game, unless you want to complete all the side quests and the chain-trading quests.
The game supports keyboard, or mouse or pad control

World : 19/20
(Let me see that Here)

Music : 18/20
(Let me hear that Here)

Scenario : 17/20
Final Score : 18/20

Give me a Free 1 hour demo NOW

I want to see more Here
Gamers Comments

"just started playing this but i can't put it down best dolla bill i ever spent. feels like a classic game that would have been worth playing at the time and worth playing now".(Mike Pecukonis)

"Absolutely AMAZING game. I play a ton of Xbox Indie games and this one has blown me away. Doing a GIANT Lets Play on it. "

"Great work and thank you for showing us that there ARE quality Xbox indie games. Much respect."(Dallas Davis)

"Much respect. It takes a while for your brain to realize the scope and depth of the game. SO you're running through thinking its going to be a mindless hack n slash, then you have to calm down and realize how much you're missing!Wicked fun game. Thanks for making it" (HDGamingLive)

"I rate this game 8/10 it has so much potential to become a big populour title like Zelda, everyone you must play this game i tell you, you will be hooked"

"Brings back Zelda vibes for sure! Very well made game with good pixel graphics and also very good music which is important. Actually pretty epic music at times. Kudos to the person who made the music for the game. Solid intro also!" (Daniel Jansson)
Other references
Michael Hicks Top 10 Indie Games of 2011
Throughout the year I’ve had the opportunity to play some amazing indie games, and there are so many more that I still haven’t played. I feel like I really discovered some gems when Honor in Vengeance II was in peer review, I had a lot of extra time to play other people’s games and a few of the games on this list I discovered during that time period.These games are in no particular order, and most are XBLIG, since I literally played 100+ of them this year!Image from The Fall of Gods

The Fall of Gods (XBLIG)

This game is a perfect example of how music can make or break a game. The soundtrack of this title set the mood for a super nostalgic adventure that had a very thoughtful story and fun gameplay.
AchievementLocked

There was a point in The Fall of Gods, half way through a trade-chain, where it became obvious to me how much I loved the game. I don’t want to tell you what it was, it wasn’t even a significant moment, just the tiniest of touches that shows how much a developer cares about their game.Trade-chains are a fairly big part of The Fall of Gods. You’ll be wandering the world trading various trinkets for other trinkets all with the ultimate aim of getting an all-important trinket or as at the end of a few of the chains, a level up. If you’re familiar with Zelda you’ll be familiar with this kind of gameplay; the world is full of people that need specific items and it’s up to you to find them. This is something that’s always really annoyed me about Zelda. There, the hints are vague at best and it’s often pure luck whether or not you’ll speak to an NPC and just happen to have the correct item. Most of your time is spent wandering aimlessly, hoping for that chance encounter.
GamesRadar

The Fall of Gods is a great example of a 2D retro-style action RPG that remembers a time when we were expected to complete quests. it's a bit like a fast-paced version of Zelda for NES or SNES, but with more magical attacks. Finishing the game will take you about ten hours, To get the same value out of a $60 game you'd have to play it for 200 hours. And of course with The Fall of Gods your purchase will help to directly support an independent developer, which should provide you with a smug sense of satisfaction no quest can give you.
DIYGamer

The Fall of Gods: Xbox Live Indie Game of the Week!

So this guy just outright lied about wanting to be here AND when he got called out, he goes and does this.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 8:07 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Other sources of using the RPGM Magazine name:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90_JtXBo50

http://roys-msn.wix.com/tfog#!the-fall-of-gods

Roys, just in case you still happen to view this topic, because you have seemingly ignored our email: This is miss representation of our site and will not be tolerated. Your game was never reviewed, played, or awarded anything by our site or members. If you don't take our name of your product, we will move on to higher authority to get this taken care of.

Or, in an very unlikely event, you would be willing to help take care of our server hosting costs for using our name... That sure would be nice of you.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 1:19 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

He has removed the references to "RPGM Mag" and replaced the majority of them with "a French RPG Magazine" after a discussion with me via the YouTube private messaging system, with the exception of those on the Xbox store as they are stylized "RPG-M Magazine" and do not overlap with ours.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2