Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 28th, 2024, 9:48 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:16 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Since the RPG Maker Magazine 11th Anniversary Party, a lot has been revealed. While the site is feature locked, the new chat is not. What I need from you guys are features or ideas you think the new chat should or should not have as compared to flash chat.

Things like sound notifications. Should they be there or not? Color schemes? Uploadable backgrounds? What about commands? If you frequent the chat, you really should get your two cents in here.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:51 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I want sounds. They don't have to be as jarring as the sounds we already have, but I'd like them so that if I'm not paying attention to the chat, I know when something happens. Yeah, you have the "flashing tab" notification, but I tend to not notice that, and if I'm not looking at my computer screen, it doesn't matter anyway.

Also gotta be able to choose our text color. It's so much easier to keep track of who's who and stuff when it's not all white text. Whatever background color you decide to make default, make sure it goes well with various text colors. I tend to use a darker background for Flashchat, since it's not blinding that way. But it also results in people occasionally using text colors that are too dark.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 6:59 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Ix mentioned that maybe he could make a way to let everyone pick the colors of individual people for your side only. There was a problem with people picking really clashy colors with other people's text or preferred background. I think that's the way to go. If someone wants to make their chat log look like a rainbow vomited everywhere, it shouldn't have to affect everyone else. Flashchat at least has the option to force everyone's color on your side to your own... which was nice. So if your text color change is global, I'd recommend that option also be there.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 8:40 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

As long as I can use it on my phone, I'm fine.

I'm all for sounds, notifications, and text color. That's all I got. Wait, I'd like emoticons as well. I promise I won't spam them.

PostPosted: February 5th, 2013, 5:42 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I would go with whatever makes a little less bandwidth, cause if I can use it on my phone that'd be sweet. I think it'd run better than flash chat.

Uhm... other than that, maybe a font picker. And a color picker or something that's basic. I also agree with basic sounds. Desktop, so then you know.