Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 19th, 2024, 6:16 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 30th, 2019, 1:32 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

I've had this game finished for some time now, but seeing as how the Pav hasn't come back yet, I'll have to advertise it here.

Roseanne's Adventure!

:D

While cleaning up at the local arcade late at night, Roseanne hears a lot BANG from the corner of the store. To her shock she finds her friend and classmate Josh slumped over one of the machines. As she grabs his shoulder to shake him awake, she also gets a near-fatal shock. Whoops. In a similar case to Josh though, she still has a heartbeat, so the Grim Reaper can't collect his bounty. So just like before, Roseanne must brave the Grim Reaper's levels to prevent her soul from going to heck! :(!

If you remember, I had planned for this to be a dlc chapter for Josh's Adventure shortly after it released, but it pretty quickly got cancelled. It wasn't until the Pav held a contest for a Something Unoriginal contest in 2018 that I decided to come back to this idea and make it work. Rather than go with my original idea of simply expanding the game, I looked to try shaking the gameplay up a bit.

The game was heavily inspired by this video:

The game has changed in some ways, as a result; the levels all revolve around a certain gameplay hook, and it's up to you as a player to find out how the level works and then use it to complete the level. For example, the first level of the game shows you how stepping on a block next to a lava will play a warning sound. Then, you're tossed into a dark room and must navigate the area while being aware of when warning sounds play. More lava blocks are introduced in the next section, and the last section has a mixture of visible and invisible lava blocks to navigate, so you must use your head to correctly get through the maze.

One element of Josh's Adventure that sometimes ruined the spirit of the game was that monsters could not hurt you if they touch you. In JA this was an unfortunate circumstance of being developed on RPGM1. In RA the game was made with this aspect in mind. While it will help in some levels, more often than not you'll need speed lest you'll get swarmed by enemies. This allows for more dynamic play.

Another big change is the lives system being replaced with the Report Card system. It works like this: you start the world with an A grade, and if you beat the world without getting hit, you'll get 5 points. For every hit you take the amount of points you get decreases by one. You'll want to play well and get those points, because that's how you unlock extras such as sweet mini-games. You can unlock Roseanne's Rushdown for some fast paced action or hit the green with Gobli Golf and play by yourself or in two player mode!

Interested in playing the game? Just send me a pm and I'll hook you up with the game file. I was planning on making it a Pav exclusive but....that may change depending on whether it's coming back at all.

Dray will be streaming the game soon from his channel here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/446030874

And finally, some screenshots!

(Some of these screenshots were taken during the alpha and beta portions of the game's development, and may be different from the final game)

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: June 30th, 2019, 2:53 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 11

Yay, finally.. Dray's gonna teach me how to finish the game... Still struggling.. wow.. my puzzle-solving skills are at the lowest.