Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:02 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 6:11 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Complications

Level 39

Updates. Yay.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to come up with a suitable beta of Survival II. It sucks that I was ready to start showing something off back in October and I still can't do anything with it. Apologies to WLP and 1ce for not bringing out the beta in so long. :(

Which brings me to another announcement. Survival II's development will have to cease for the time being. It is not cancelled, don't worry about that (nothing short of me actually dying would stop that, lol). However, trying to find ways of getting my custom art from PC/PS1 to PS3 through PC programs or trying to get a memory card converter (or finding someone who owns one) is getting tiresome at this point. This hold is more of a break than anything.

On the other hand, here are some less negative announcements:

1.) I know a few people here know this already, but a few years ago I had made a decision. It may be strange to hear and I don't know if Ix would like it or not (which is why I'm announcing it instead of springing it on you all later: I have time to change it now if there is a problem).

So: Mencara Revelle (novel more than game, but yeah) has been reworked into being in the Survival continuity. In fact, the setting Grant's Cove is now Ubson (the destroyed city in Survival 1's backstory). There are other changes, but nothing that is publicly known through that old MR demo, so its nothing I need to address. But I wanted to let you all know that. :D

2.) Survival II's arena mode is no longer a PS1 game. Instead it is a small side game being made on VX Ace. There is just too much of a time sink to do a different mode on RPGM1. That, and I think it would just be better to let the RPGM1 development focus stay on the main game. (Not that I actually touched on developing the arena portion in a long time, but I needed to make it clear.)

3.) A side game for Survival is in development. I will be busy messing around with that while trying to find ways to continue S2, as well as the eventual beta process when that happens. The game is called "Rhythm of Sorrow" and will be a VX Ace game.

4.) Survival III will be made on RPGMaker MV. No, I'm not making that before II is finished. :P

PostPosted: June 24th, 2017, 6:42 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Hey, as long as Survival II is finished before Ixzion dies of old age. Gotta get that contest prize, you know? =P

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: June 28th, 2017, 2:04 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

I was wondering where the beta went off to. Unfortunately this game has a tendency to slip behind schedule. I blame Ixzion.

In any case MRevelle, you can give me that beta anytime you can, and I'll playtest it for you. Take as long as you need to.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: September 11th, 2017, 10:17 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I know how it is, dude. You do you and work at your own pace. The prize still stands, though. :D