Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:55 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 2:48 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Level 29

Part of me didn’t want to make any announcement; however, since this community has been a part of my life for so long, I decided to type this out.

Some of you may know that I have been suffering personal issues for what seems like forever. Depression has taken its toll on my life and much of who I was before has left me permanently.

It has been an extremely long time since I felt that I was contributing to the community or made any progress in the RPG Maker department. My real life stability has been hanging by a thread and things continue to drag me down.

I am announcing my official retirement from RM and related forums. I do not anticipate things will change, as they have not in years.

I no longer have a PS2 and my PC sucks, but if this changes I will return to post an unlocked file of "Defenders Of Light: The Three Worlds". At least this will allow people to see what progress I did make and the direction I was going with the game.

I'll check in on this topic for a little while and reply, but otherwise there isn't much left for me to say, except:

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me and supported me all this time.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 10:24 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Hey.
Sorry to hear that. Depression sucks. I've been there many times, so I know that feeling.
It's been years since I actually worked on my own RM project, so don't feel bad if you think you need to contribute to the RM community to stick around, or at least check the the site out once in a while.

Anyway, good luck! Things get better somehow. They won't probably be the same way they were, but we survive through it all.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 11:31 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Hey man, thanks for contributing to the site over the years. But don't be a stranger. Come back here and we'll be glad to have you.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2016, 5:13 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

I did not realize this was happening to you in your life beyond the Mag, sir. But for what it is worth, I will be praying for you.

Hope you can get your issues sorted out soon, Shawn. Good luck. *gives knight's salute*

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2016, 10:58 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Level 29

Thank you everyone for the support. I have been giving this thought since I posted. Things have been adding up and I felt especially down. What I feel I need to do is take some time to focus on changing a few things. I have some debts that need paying, I need to rebuild my video game collection, and possibly get a new computer. Aside from that is mostly about finding an outlet for my feelings and thoughts. There was a therapy group that I was a part of but came to an end after many years, without this things have been more difficult.

So, I guess I'm saying that I may return after things are more stable.

On a positive note, my Brother got me a few things as an early Birthday present, so I've already replaced some gaming stuff.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2016, 7:53 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage

Level 23

I understand depression and can relate to your situation. I've been where you are (I think) in the past, and again more recently. I haven't contributed a new game in three years, I think. I recently resumed working on a project and the last time it was touched was in 2014. I feel bad about it. I got distracted with other things (my Lego creations and Youtube channel). But my 2014 project will not be a botched game. I will finish it.

Try to go at your own pace and not get caught up in what people may think or what the audience expects from you. You have my prayers as well.

Best wishes, and God bless!
The Xix