Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:34 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 3:11 pm 
Report this post
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

This is the place for any questions, comments or criticism of aspects regarding your experience playing the game or my experience making the game.

SPOILER ALERT! Please use spoilers if you think appropriate.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2007, 11:56 pm 
Report this post
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Clockwork Tinker

Level 1

That was a great game!!!
[spoiler]Now lets go drink some beer, smash some pumpkins and burn some herbs[/spoiler] :XD

PostPosted: December 30th, 2007, 2:38 am 
Report this post

Level 0

@vanquish3000

Thanks for playing my game! I'm glad you liked it.

[spoiler]Your comment was great! Yeah, there is all kind of hidden meaning in that game, some of which even I am still trying to completely figure out myself and your comment is a good example of what I am talking about. Made my day. Thanks again.[/spoiler]

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 7:58 pm 
Report this post
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage

Level 23

Hey Bo,

This game continuously scared the crap out of me! Your usage of creepy environmental effects, background music, and dungeon design made for a game where I was scared of what might be waiting around the next corner.

[spoiler]Scariest moments: That hammer comes flying down and kills me! The zombies, spiders, and dogs were all scary, especially when I figured out that I was in a random encounter zone with no way to level up.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Great job on designing the brewery and mansion. The otherworldly environment at the brewery is very creepy. Great use of background music there. It's a very unnerving place to explore. The mansion was creepy, too, because I didn't know what to expect.[/spoiler]

The encounters definitely have a survival horror feel to them. The usage of various gadgets like levers and moving statues and stuff is also inspired.

Great game. Very creepy.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2008, 8:37 pm 
Report this post
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Need this converted to PS3 so I can enjoy!

PostPosted: November 14th, 2008, 12:27 am 
Report this post

Level 0

@Duel
I hope you get to play the game! Thanks for showing interest.

@ Crythania
Thanks for all your positive comments. Everything you said is exactly what I was going for with the way I designed the game and clearly you could really see and appreciate it. It really made my day to hear your feedback!

PostPosted: November 14th, 2008, 4:26 pm 
Report this post

Level 23

Wow! It sounds like I was really in tune with the experience that you wanted for your players. That feels awesome! I'm glad that I "got it".

Note to Duel and others who have not played the game: The following is very spoilerriffic.

[spoiler]I have to say again, the brewery was a high point of the game for me. The background music combined with the eerie environment makes for a very unsettling place to explore. When I looked up at the sky, I was like, "Whoa! I've crossed over into the "zombie dimension" or something!" That music really does an awesome job of conveying the game's horrific feel, and combined with the visual environment, it was absolutely perfect.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The town encased in heavy fog was also a very eerie environment. That small bonfire was pretty scary because I had no idea what to expect from it or why it was there. Sometimes the placement of a bizarre object or something that tends to stand out against the scenery can add much to the feeling of disorientation and dread.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Speaking of which, I was pretty much disoriented throughout most of the game. I wasn't confused. I was on edge, not knowing what to expect from each new step I took. It was like watching an immersive horror movie, except I'm the guy who's in trouble![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I found the parts where nothing happens to be as unnerving as the parts where things do happen. Walking around in an area where nothing is going on, not knowing what could pop up around the next corner, is sometimes more scary than walking around in an encounter zone.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]But the encounter zones were also very scary because of limited ammo and no way to level up. I never really got in trouble to a point where I was dangerously low on ammo, but the overshadowing fact that I could run out of ammo made them scary places to be walking around in.[/spoiler]

I think you did an awesome job of designing the environments, deco, effects and music, and there wasn't anything that felt out of place. This is a great game that had me on edge throughout, often literally scared of what might lie in wait around the next corner. I'm gonna play it again, and even though I know what's going to happen, I think it'll be just as good as the first time.

I hope you do another, larger horror game. That would be sweet!

PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 10:25 am 
Report this post

Level 0

Hey everyone, I just started playing "Who did this!?" yesterday, and it's been a really cool beginning so far. I played for like 45 minutes and then I had to do something outside of the house, but this afternoon, I plan on playing some more. Very cool start so far. I liked how
at the very beginning of the game, you are introduced to the title and maker by walking slowly through the sanctuary towards the altar

Cool. Well, good job so far Anonymous (Bo)!

PostPosted: August 8th, 2009, 9:23 pm 
Report this post

Level 0

I know this is a double-post, but if you notice the dates, you'll see that a bit of time has elapsed...and this is worth it.

I finished playing through Who Did This!? and it was a really good experience.
The battles are well balanced. The puzzles are fun and not too complicated. The story is very interesting too, and open for various interpretations. Also, it was a good length (it took me about four hours or so). Try it out. :)

The best part about the game was having the chance to communicate with Anonymous (Bo) by Private Message. If you haven't played this game, you should definitely play through it, and talk about it.

So, yeah, nice game Anonymous (Bo), and thanks for the PMs!

PostPosted: August 10th, 2009, 3:59 pm 
Report this post

Level 0

You're welcome but I moreso thank you.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2011, 3:38 pm 
Report this post

Level 0

Hey, 100 downloads! Thanks to everyone who has downloaded it and to Ixzion and the Mag for making this resource of publicly posting our games available to us.

Quick reply