Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:27 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 8th, 2007, 4:56 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief

Level 26

This is a brief history of the world of Distant Horizons, a story I’ve been writing about for several years. I hope to make this into a game. But progress is slow as I’m just now learning RMXP.

I must apologize for the poor grammatical quality as this is a rushed piece which I composed at work. Once again, this is a very brief history which will be skipping many points. Basically this is just a base to give me something to post of things on.

In the beginning: God created the universe. (Bet you didn’t know that ;) Within this universe there were thousands of worlds. Then God created life to inhabit these worlds. Upon life He bestowed a gift, choice. God then, knowing the power of choice, created thousands of duplicate universes, so that life could carry out its many choices.

A little after the beginning: A race known as the Ancients advanced quickly within their world. They soon gained the ability to travel the stars. Feeling it was their duty to impart what they had learned upon the rest of the worlds they left their planet behind and began a great journey. They went from planet to planet cultivating civilization. And then they mysteriously disappeared. (Of course ^_^)

Not too far in the distant Past: One of the civilizations that the Ancients taught was Humanity upon the planet Earth. Humanity was incredibly adept in study and skill. So much that the Ancients actually imparted a fair amount of their knowledge of not only science but magic as well. After the Ancients disappeared, Humanity prospered for many thousands of years. At the height of their civilization, Humanity decided that they to should give back. They decided that they would devote themselves to helping the Creator. Humanity as a whole decided that God’s load could be lightened if he had devout “helpersâ€

PostPosted: February 8th, 2007, 5:19 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Oh wow... good stuff.

And was a really good read too. :D

Now get to work.

PostPosted: February 14th, 2007, 11:35 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Damn, I'm impressed. That was a gripping read.

Keep going on your work. :D

By the way, I'm guessing that Kajak will have to find the 4 brave heroes that God spread around the world?

PostPosted: February 14th, 2007, 2:40 pm 

Level 26

Indeed! The 4 deities become quite an integral part of the storyline. Btw, this storyline is shortened from the original one, because I'm not quite sure what the limitations are on rmxp. However, as I continue to learn things I will be adjusting the storyline to (hopefully back more towards the original) fit with rmxp's maximum capabilities (lol....sure..I can barely make an event happen, but one can dream cn't they :) )

Oh and thanks for the compliment. I might not know much about rpgm or coding in general, but characters and plotpoints are my specialty. ;)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 2:16 pm 

Level 26

Shifting around old things as always and I found the original text intended for this opening. Meh, here goes nothing!

-------------------------------

Distant Horizons

“Earth, a time after the ancients, remembered by most only as the past. Ruled over by God, the creator of all, truly a paradise for immortals. But a paradise can only last so long. Humanity, the prodigy of the ancients, became proud and careless. They likened themselves to God and so thought that they would lighten His load. Thirty of the most powerful humans gathered and, using the power of the ancients, became immortal deities. But the power of the ancients is one of balance and while some of the immortals were pure and good, some were utterly evil. God was enraged by humanities actions and in his fury He blew the immortals across the universe. But one deity escaped His wrath, Caine, the blood god, an immortal of unquestionable evil. Seeking to regain God’s favor, humanity waged war against Caine. Technology meshed with magic as millions of lives were lost in a war that flooded the world in an ocean of blood. Choked by the immenseness of His own power Caine was overtaken by the swarming multitudes of the human armies. Then Caine grew afraid, for although he was immortal his soul resided in another plane and the destruction of his physical form could lock him out of this dimension forever. Caine left the oceans of blood he had created on Earth and fled across the stars. Knowing he would only regenerate and return a brave group of humans pursued him an attempt to banish him from this plane.
Weak, weary, and out of fuel, Caine crash landed on the peaceful planet of Trice. As soon as he entered the atmosphere a wave of evil washed over the once pure world. The proud and noble races of the ogre and the goblin were instantly corrupted by his bloodlust. Humanity crash landed just in time to stem the evil and save the races of the fairy, elf, dwarf, and centaur. However these races were not without their tragedy born of blood were the sprites, dark elves, chaos dwarves, and bull centaur. The only race to escape the chaos was soon corrupted by humanity itself. The wise and ancient dragons, once of one color, fell under the fear of humanity. The dragons were then split into shades, dividing one into many. The once peaceful world was now enveloped in chaos, good and evil vying for power.
And so two armies were gathered on the brink of a war like none had ever seen. But Caine was not the only immortal to have landed on Trice. The four deities; Phoenix, the great bird of flame, Leviathan, the water serpent, Mialassia, the mistress of the healing arts, and Arenhadeous, the king of dragons, feared the further wrath of God and so stood between the two armies. In a desperate attempt to quell the two factions each immortal sacrificed something about them. Arenhadeous came first. His sacrifice was the surrender of his mortal form. Arenhadeous, the greatest among his people, was reduced to a tiny ornament. Seeing their ruler and god laid low, the dragons immediately withdrew from the battle. Phoenix went next and as his magnificent form began to turn to stone so did the humans technology. Leviathan then appeared before the armies and as his form began to slumber so did the army of demons Caine had summoned from hell. Last came Mialassia. She stood before the two armies, her beauty shining in the paling light, and wept as her healing powers flowed from her, and Caine stood in silent horror as he felt his powers begin to wane.
But in that moment humanity struck, wounding Caine in a vicious attempt to destroy him. Caine was shocked and as he felt his life slip away he cursed the humans for their dishonor. But, with his last ounce of strength his curse became a thing of reality and so Caine was saved. For his curse began to feed off the fear of good and so made the power of evil stronger. Fear, channeled as a dark energy, began to flow into Caine. But, in that moment, God came, for he felt the power of the curse feeding evil. When he saw what was happening he banished the armies to separate locations on Trice. The four immortals he put in secret locations across the globe. Caine’s wounded form he stashed in his starship, now a thing of stone. In his final act he erected a barrier around the ship, one that let nothing in and nothing out. But God silently trembled for he knew that when Caine had regained his strength nothing would keep him from the outside. He just hoped that they would then be able to defeat the coming evil. God then left Trice. He prayed he had done the right thing.â€

PostPosted: March 7th, 2007, 10:25 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Interesting, but game intros should not be that long.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 8th, 2007, 6:28 pm 

Level 26

Meh, like I said, it's old. And not really intended for rpgm. The original idea had this as a voice over in an opening movie so it actually goes a lot faster.

But anyways :) I'm sure if I ever get anything done for rpgm my intros will probably be more concise.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 4:48 pm 

Level 26

Working on a small timeline for Trice during the 3k year confinement of Caine. It basically just highlights important things that have happened.

Working on getting it up within the next few days.