Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:42 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 4:05 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Creation of Arc Arath has taken quite a bit of time. And splitting the load from one person to the next leaves the other with a bit of spare time on their hands. During my down time, I've done a little side work on a few demos and what not. So I thought I'd go ahead and throw them here for those of you interested in them while we continue our work on our main project, Arc Arath.

The custom wold map tech demo (2008):
The world map demo shows off how you can program a detailed world map in RPG Maker 1. It allows for vehicle transportation including boats, hovercrafts, airships, and submarines. On top of that, there are a few tips for general RPG Maker 1 use.
Video.
Download.

RPG Maker 1 music editor (2009):
This is a very misleading title. Actually, this is a demo showing how to use custom menus in RPG Maker 1. This one just alters the in-game music. There's actually no real reason to ever make this particular menu, but it's a really good example of showing how to create a custom menu if you are aspiring to create one yourself.
No Video.
Download.

RPG Maker 1 portrait demo (2010):
The portrait demo shows how you can program RPG Maker 1 to display portraits whenever you have exposition. The concept was created by Insultobot, and Ixzion helped with spriting the portraits. The end result is really interesting but does take a good deal of work to get functioning properly.
Video.
Download.

Arc Arath 2010 Magcon demo:
This is the demo that was shown during Magcon 2010. It is separated into four sections. You will be able to see a scene from later in the game, play one of the optional mini-games, try out the custom menu party member changing system, and experiment with the trading side quest. A lot of what was in this demo has changed, so expect things to be a bit different on the full release.
Videos.
Download.

RPG Maker 1 forced game over demo (2011):
This wasn't much of a big deal as it's just a video, but here's how to get as close as possible to having an actual forced game over outside of losing RPG Maker 1's default battle system. This would be useful if you wanted to make a storyline game over from poor decision making or if you are using a custom battle system.
Video.
No dowload.

Generic Quest VIII (2013)
Currently in progress is an extremely short game called Generic Quest VIII. The title is a parody of Dragon Quest VIII and playfully makes fun of the fetch quest progression the series is known for. But at the root of this game, it's actually a custom battle system. It's created as a turn based system that has multiple party members (specifically two, seeing as all CBSs up till now just had one-on-one fights), health bars, items, spells, and all the trimmings such as defending and running away. There's random rewards for winning as well.
Video.
Download.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 4:30 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

Um....don't you mean RPG Maker 1 Muisc Editor?
http://www.rpgmmag.com/game_display.php?id=213

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 4:42 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I think when I typed out the title for the download page, I kept it literal. As in RPG Maker 1 doesn't actually have "1" in the title, but I guess I can fix it anyways.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2012, 10:59 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

That's a nice side-project list you got there.

And yeah yeah, I'm working on v6. Keep your panties on.

PostPosted: June 14th, 2012, 9:33 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Btw, I thought I should mention that I'm opening DQ8 for playtesters. Plenty of time too as V6 still seems like it is a good way off. Fair warning though, there is a LOT that can go wrong with this game. There are literally hundreds of possible things that could happen in the complicated branches of a single fight. I've test played it several times and am sure I haven't come close to testing all possibilities. PM me if you are interested.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2013, 6:19 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Throwing an update to this thread. Updated all the links with the proper links to the V6 vault. Also released the CBS tech demo Generic Quest 8.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2014, 9:36 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just wanted to pop in and say that Generic Quest 8 was updated. It now works on consoles. Originally it didn't because I created it on EPSXE and the files would not load on an actual memory card. But using a conversion tool to convert it to another format and then back to a .gme seemed to fix it for whatever reason. Big thanks to Dray for figuring this out.