Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:31 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 20th, 2010, 9:32 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

-How to use the calculator

(Everything is set to check. So, to use anything, stand next to it and press X)

To input an equation to be solved, go to the control panel at the top of the level and press X. This will take you to the custom menu system. Press left and right to scroll through the choices. To confirm a selection, press up and X. To exit out of the custom menu, press down and X.

To get the answer for your equation, get out of the custom menu and go to the bottom of the level. Then check whichever equals sign matches what symbol you decided on. For example, if I chose 2+5 as my equation, I want to check the = with the + directly below it.

Once you choose your numbers, you cannot choose another equation until you clear your current one. Likewise, once you leave the custom menu, you must clear the equation before starting a new one. To clear what you've done, go to the red negative sign next to the equals sign and press X. The game will clear anything you've put in, so you can do another equation.

-Passwords

Here is a list of passwords, what to input and what effect the password has.

--This list of cheats can be cleared through the regular clear button to input new equations:

1. Ultimate Story cheat
9x9
Turns most of the events into Ultimate Story characters.

2. Zeroes! cheat
9-4
Turns most of the events into zeroes.

3. Sausages! cheat
4x7
After activating the cheat, check the x = and a message will pop up saying, "SAUSAGES!".

4. Period cheat
(To activate this cheat, input any equation that will have a period in the second spot, check the equals sign, and then check the password box. There must be a period in the second spot for this cheat to work. example: 9/4= 2.2 This would activate the cheat.)
Makes a period appear at the end of the answer panel.

5. Original Design cheat
3+3
Warps you to the original concept design for the original calculator.

6. Ad cheat
5+8
After checking the password box, check the + = and you'll see an advertisement for Josh's Adventure.

7. Fake cheat
9+1
Shows an error message.

8. Title cheat
4-4
See the title sreen for the game.

9. Pitch Black cheat
5+4
Turns the screen completely black
Warning: Once turned on, this cheat cannot be turned off. You'll have to reset your system to remove this effect.

--These cheats have an effect on how or what you can get when inputting a new equation. Therefore, even after pressing the clear button, these cheats will remain active. To deactivate the cheat, check the red negative sign next to the password box (not to be confused with the clear button) to reset a cheat.

10. Negative Zero cheat
1-1
After typing in the cheat, any time you enter an equation that has a subtraction sign and equals zero (besides 1-1), will come up as a -0 instead of the regular 0.

11. Full Division cheat
7/7
My personal favorite cheat. Answers are usually limited to three answer slots, which is fine for most answers in this calculator. However, some answers are far longer. Enter this cheat and you'll get a more accurate answer. The answer box will extend from three to ten, and a symbol will appear to let you change the camera to see the whole answer. Due to the limited event pages, this cheat works only with these equations:
1/7
2/7
3/7
4/7
5/7
6/7
8/3
9/7

12. Black Display cheat
6/2
Turns the display in the custom menu from white with a yellow cursor to black with a white cursor.

13. Yellow Display cheat
3-9
Turns the display in the custom menu from white with a yellow cursor to yellow with a black cursor.

14. Don't Move! cheat
9-2
Restricts movement.

--These cheats allow you to change the playable character

15. Josh
2x8
From Josh's Adventure, and the standard avatar in this game.

16. Brandon
1x7
From Usuru: Ultimate Story

17. Kyle
8-5

18. James
5/1

19. Numbers 123
1+2

20. Numbers 456
4+6

21. Numbers 789
9/8

22. AddSubDiv
1-6

23. =XPassword
8x3

24. 0,.,Blank
2-2

25. Slash
8/9

26. Jumpman
1/4
From Donkey Kong

27. DK
7x8
From Donkey Kong

28. Roseanne
2+3
From Josh's Adventure

-These cheats let you change the music

29. Music 1
3/7

Music 2
7+2

Music 3
4/5

Turn Music off
1-9

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 10:04 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just got through messing around with it. Though I never figured out out to get to the lop left side of the screen... I saw a land mass over there and was a bit interested what was up there, but alas...

Anyways, everything that you did worked exactly the way is was intended to. You did an excelent job at debugging. Also, for your first released custom menu, it was great. With a little extra work, you would have been able to hit up and down as well as left and right to move the cursor over the number pad (of course, you'd have to move the event that was above the character litterally on top of him, but it would still yeild the same effect but not having to face up first).

I did go to the post with all the cheats, and I messed around with most of them (maybe one of them lets you over to that land mass?). But yeah, very good job, man. Color me impressed.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 10:22 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

Hey, glad to hear it.

As far as which let's you get to the land mass, that would be this one:

Quote:
5. Original Design cheat
3+3
Warps you to the original concept design for the original calculator.

Debugging, lol. Imagine typing in every possible combination of numbers into the calculator. That itself took about an afternoon to complete.

It all turned out like I wanted, but there are still some areas that could use improving. I think the custom menu cursor speed was a little too fast, and a backspace would have been really helpful. I'd also have liked to get all the music in the password system, but I ran out of time. With the recent announcement of JA at the Magcon, I have to get back to working on that game, so I was a little rushed getting this out the door.

Still, maybe someday I'll come back to this and release an improved version.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2010, 10:56 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Heh, I actually posted in the wrong thread. I kept them both up while I was playing it. I was actually talking to Ix and Insult at the time and was talking about it with them. I'll boot it up again sometime and go through all the other cheats I didn't.