Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:54 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: March 26th, 2018, 8:25 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 158

Good week this week as I finished Project Platinum 100 and continued to make further progress:

* 100%'d Ys VIII (Vita)
* 100%'d Battle Princess of Arcadias (PS3)
* 100%'d Celeste (PS4)
* Beat and 100%'d Dragon Sinker (Vita)
* Bought Kid Chameleon (WiiVC)*
* 100%'d Metal Slug 2 (SwitchDL, I did so a while ago but forgot to update it on Backloggery)
* Bought Ni no Kuni II (PS4)
* Beat Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4)

Also trimmed my backlog down a bit by "Retiring" games on systems from 2+ generations ago as getting to them any time soon is not likely going to happen, but I may still do so some year. Despite that, I'm focusing on more modern games.

I got my dates mixed up last week as The Alliance Alive will be out this week. I will be picking that up along with Atari Flashback Classic Vol. 3 due out on PS4 digital on Tuesday. Also have Atelier Lydie & Suelle and The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 on order to arrive sometime this week too.

Hoping to finish the Platinum for SK: Peach Beach Splash before Wednesday evening so I can get started on the final DLC pack for Fire Emblem Warriors. Currently don't know what my on-the-go focus will be so I may start another book or two.

* Not counted against the backlog

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2018, 8:34 am 

Level 158

A full week with an inch of positive progress as I picked up most of the expected new releases (one has been delayed) while getting one on my wishlist for free thanks to Reward points.

Progress:
* Bought Atelier Lydie & Suelle (PS4)
* 100%'d Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
* Bought The Alliance Alive (3DS)
* Beat Danmaku Unlimited 3 (SwitchDL)
* Beat and 100%'d Samurai Aces (SwitchDL)
* Bought The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 (PS4)
* Bought Black Hole (SwitchDL)
* Beat the Fire Emblem Warriors Awakening DLC pack

Still looking forward to Atari Flashbacks Vol. 3 whenever it gets a new release date and found out that we are finally getting the PSN upgraded version of Bunny Must Die: Chelsea and the Seven Devils this week, so I'll be getting that. Otherwise there aren't any new releases on my radar until the 24th.

Currently reading the 4th book of The Wheel of Time on-the-go and focusing on 100%ing the FE Warriors Awakening DLC pack before moving on to Blue Reflection.

PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 8:36 am 

Level 158

Minimal but positive progress this week as I managed to finish 100%ing the Awakening DLC pack for Fire Emblem Warriors. After that I spent a lot of time prepping/grinding on my FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer file that I'm working on during weekly streams.

No new purchases this past week due to budget constraints, but I'll likely pick up a few indie games after getting paid later on. Not seeing anything new this week so far.

Have started and am about halfway through Blue Reflection at home and am still on my current book on-the-go.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2018, 8:13 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Good lord, you've been busy.

I'm mainly playing Overwatch.

I got the Master Sword trials in Breath of the Wild down, so I have a 50 powered Master Sword. I almost beat the hardest one, but on the very last level, I got hit by a f*cking Moblin. So I quit forever.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2018, 11:24 am 

Level 158

Ixzion wrote:
Good lord, you've been busy.

That's nothing compared to this past week, especially the weekend as the combination of a raise and bonus at work allowed for enough to purchase several games that had been on the wishlist for a while. Those Neo Geo/Arcade ports are perfect to play while waiting for videos to render.

So, without further ado:
- Beat and 100%'d Blue Reflection (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Black Hole (SwitchDL)
- Beat Final Fantasy VI: Return of the Dark Sorcerer (SNES ROM Hack)
- Bought City Connection* (3DSVC)
- Bought, beat, and 100%'d Aero Fighters 3 (SwitchDL)
- Bought, beat, and 100%'d Tengai (SwitchDL)
- Bought, beat, and 100%'d Dragon Blaze (SwitchDL)
- Bought, beat, and 100%'d Sengoku 3 (SwitchDL)
- Bought but dropped Gekido Kintaro's Revenge (SwitchDL) for not being very good.
- Bought Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils.* (PS4)
- Bought Gal*Gunvolt Burst (PS4)
- Bought Root Letter (Vita)
- Bought Steins;Gate 0 (Vita)

* As usual, they aren't counted against the backlog due to having beaten previous iterations/versions.

Current short-term plan is to finish the book I'm reading- just a few chapters left- then start Root Letter to take a bit of a breather before starting a longer Visual Novel. For at home, I'm starting a NG+ run of Return of the Dark Sorcerer to prepare for bonus video footage as I played through it on live stream and missed a few missable items. After that I plan to dive into Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky on PS4.

No planned releases for this week and I'm saving some of those remaining wishlist games not bought yet for a price drop.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2018, 8:50 am 

Level 158

Positive progress overall this week despite getting in a new release early (it's official date is tomorrow):
* Beat and 100%'d Root Letter (Vita)
* Bought Gal*Gun 2 (PS4)
* 100%'d FF6: Return of the Dark Sorcerer (SNES ROM Hack)

No new planned releases for this week though a friend's recommended Manticore: Galaxy on Fire on Switch. I'm working on Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky on PS4 at home while reading another, shorter book on-the-go before starting Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception on Vita. As such, I don't expect to beat anything this week.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2018, 9:23 am 

Level 158

Been a quiet week as I've focused primarily on Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky and did manage to beat it with all three endings yesterday, but there's still post-game to take care of. I'm hoping to finish it completely before the end of this week so I can start getting ready for RPG Limit Break after next week.

Didn't buy anything new but I may grab some indie titles this week along with the expected release of DKC Tropical Freeze on Switch.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2018, 8:49 am 

Level 158

Been a good week with a lot of progress as I wanted to clean up several loose ends as well as some of those indie titles I mentioned.

New Titles:
- Gifted Umihara Kawase (Steam)*
- Downloaded Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita) as it was free thanks to cross-buy.*
- Bought Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)*
- Got SkyPeace (SwitchDL) with Gold My Nintendo coins.
- Bought Manticore: Galaxy on Fire (SwitchDL)
- Bought Perfect Angle (SwitchDL)
- bought Ghost Pilots (SwitchDL)*
- Got Star Wars Pinball (3DSDL) courtesy of a My Nintendo reward.*
- And my copy of Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (PS4) arrived early yesterday.*

* Not counted against the backlog.

'course that major influx of games came after finishing my main goal of last week:

Progress:
- 100%'d Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (PS4)
- Beat SkyPeace (SwitchDL)
- Beat and 100%'d Ghost Pilots (SwitchDL)
- Beat and 100%'d Perfect Angle (SwitchDL)
- Beat and 100%'d Cosmic Star Heroine (Vita)

I'm not starting anything new at home this week as RPG Limit Break is coming up and I need this week to prep for it, plus I don't want to get started on something major and then have to stop for 10 days and it'll be a good week to get caught up on some movies.

For on-the-go I'm finally getting to Alphadia Genesis 2 on iOS plus something on both Vita and 3DS waiting in the wings since I'll have everything with me at Limit Break.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2018, 10:56 pm 

Level 158

A bit late this week due to being super busy at RPG Limit Break.

Progress:
- Bought Kirby's Block Ball (3DSVC)*
- Bought Kirby's Star Stacker (3DSVC)*
- Bought Dragon's Crown Pro (PS4)*
- Bought Touhou: Azure Reflections (PS4)
- Bought VA-11 HALL-A (Vita)
- Beat and 100%'d Alphadia Genesis 2 (iOS)

Will be at Limit Break for the rest of the week but my graveyard shifts are over. Will be focusing on VA-11 HALL-A and maybe Dragon Quest Builders during the commute there and will be playing whatever while there, depending on any groups I can get with. Not sure about any eShop releases I'll be picking up tomorrow, but will be getting Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition Friday morning.

PostPosted: May 21st, 2018, 8:56 am 

Level 158

Phew, Limit Break is over and it was one hell of a week since we raised $164K for NAMI. I did get a bit more gaming in during the latter half of the week.

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Crimsonland (Switch)
- Bought Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Switch)*
- Bought Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita)

Was also able to dive in to DKC: Tropical Freeze, HW DE, and a NG+ run of Xenoblade 2 as the Switch was the console of choice while hanging out with people at Limit Break, but I don't quite know how much further I'll go on those three games right away.

Currently focusing on VA-11 HALL-A for on-the-go with Dragon Quest Builders most likely to follow. At home I'm likely going to start up Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2018, 8:38 am 

Level 158

Great week this week as I had a lot of gaming time and essentially that's all I did over the weekend courtesy of illness and bad weather putting my planned stream on hold on Sunday.

No new games this week so it's pure progress:
* Beat and 100%'d VA-11 HALL-A (Vita)
* Beat and 100%'d Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online (PS4)
* Beat and 100%'d Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Started up Dragon Quest Builders on PS4 and finished the 1st of 4 Chapters. I'll primarily focus on that as I'm starting up another book to read instead of a game on-the-go for now.

No new planned releases for this week, but PSN and the eShop may have some surprises. If not, I may pick up some games that've been sitting on the wishlists for a while after I get paid. We'll see.

PostPosted: June 4th, 2018, 8:37 am 

Level 158

So I had some extra money this paycheck and did what I do best with it: Bought wishlist games. The money, combined with Amazon rewards and Nintendo Points, stretched pretty far.

Purchases:
- Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition (Vita)
- Earthlock (PS4)
- Runner3 (SwitchDL)
- Super Burger Time (SwitchDL)*
- Block-a-Pix Color (3DSDL)*
- Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja (SwitchDL)*
- Dragon Lapis (3DSDL)
- Moon Patrol (SwitchDL)*
- Rayman Legends (PS4)
- Miitopia (3DS)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Moon Patrol
- Beat and 100%'d Super Burger Time
- Beat and 100%'d Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja
- Beat and 100%'d Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

No new major releases this week. One game coming out on PSN tomorrow did catch my eye but I'll check it out first. I've got some video editing projects to take care of so I'm going to slow down on gaming for a bit this week, with Rayman Legends being the console focus while I continue reading for on-the-go.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2018, 8:25 am 

Level 158

Good week this week for both gaming and getting caught up on some video projects. There's still one video left to make but I'm in no hurry to watch through 7 hours of footage at the moment.

For games:
- Got Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (PS4) from a Kickstarter reward
- Bought Riddled Corpses EX (PS4)
- Bought Shape of the World (PS4)

For progress:
- Beat Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
- Beat Shape of the World
- Beat and 100%'d Rayman Legends (PS4)

Getting the Platinum for Rayman Legends will require doing the Daily Challenges for a few months, so I'll chip away at that in the background. Started on the PS4 port of Final Fantasy IX for at-home and am actually doing the Excalibur II speed run first with reaching Disc 2 in less than 90 in-game minutes. Still reading for on-the-go but hope to finish the book this week.

No new planned releases this week and no clue if they're even releasing anything on PSN this week due to E3, but I'm still going to keep an eye on it.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2018, 8:49 am 

Level 158

Had extra money again this week, so I ended up getting some more wish list games, especially since the eShop had a great week too.

New Purchases:
- Lanota (SwitchDL)
- Beekyr Reloaded (SwitchDL)
- INK (SwitchDL)
- Arcade Archives: Donkey Kong (SwitchDL)*
- Chameleon Run Deluxe Edition (SwitchDL)
- Puzzle Puppers (SwitchDL)

Progress:
- Beat Final Fantasy IX, Excalibur II run (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Donkey Kong
- Beat Beekyr Reloaded
- 100%'d Shape of the World (PS4)
- Beat Chameleon Run Deluxe Edition
- Beat and 100%'d Puzzle Puppers

Looking at The Lost Child (PS4) and Musynx (Switch) this week, with no clue what to expect on PSN or the eShop for now.

I'm currently focused on a more thorough run of Final Fantasy IX in being crazy enough to go for its Platinum trophy (curse you, Jump Rope King!), and am at Disc 3. Finished the book I was reading and have started Mary Skelter: Nightmares on Vita for on-the-go.

I'll also be starting my next streaming project after SGDQ.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2018, 6:45 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I just started up Witcher 3. It's pretty good and cinematic so far. I see that Breath of the Wild did borrow a good deal from this game.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2018, 8:43 am 

Level 158

Well, after a super-busy week at work while taking time to get in as much gaming as possible, I had a weekend binge to finish up several titles that I had beaten but not 100%'d to help clean up the backlog. This is also after ending up with more new releases than expected.

New Purchases:
* The Lost Child (PS4)
* MUSYNX (Switch)
* Lost in Harmony (SwitchDL)
* Gunbird 2 (SwitchDL)*
* CLANNAD (PS4)*
* Battle Chasers: Nightwar (PS4)

Progress:
* 100%'d Final Fantasy IX (In terms of all the original game had to offer. Like Rayman Legends, I have to grind out a few things for the Platinum.)
* Beat and 100%'d INK (SwitchDL)
* Beat and 100%'d Gunbird 2
* Beat and 100%'d CLANNAD
* 100%'d Chameleon Run Deluxe (SwitchDL)
* 100%'d Beekyr Reloaded (SwitchDL)
* 100%'d Legend of the Dark Witch 1, 2 and 3 (3DSDL)
* 100%'d Drancia Saga (3DSDL)

Mostly working on 100%ing Lost in Harmony and grinding out the last few trophies on Final Fantasy IX at home. Since there's a couple of weeks before Shining Resonance Refrain and Octopath Traveler, I may dive into the PS4 port of Wild ARMs 3, but haven't decided yet.

For on-the-go I'm getting back into Mary Skelter: Nightmares. As I worked from home all last week, there wasn't any commute time to play it during, so it stayed untouched.

Potentially getting Rainbow Skies off PSN this week and maybe some games off the Steam wishlist courtesy of the Summer Sale after I get paid. Maybe also Golf Story if it's still on sale on the eShop after I get paid too.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2018, 1:57 pm 

Level 158

Bit of a slow week as I spent most of it watching SGDQ while grinding for the 10,000 kills trophy on Final Fantasy IX and making progress on Mary Skelter: Nightmares.

Progress:
100%'d Lost in Harmony (SwitchDL)

I mentioned Rainbow Skies last week. I'll be getting it with Runbow on PS4 and Switch this week. I don't know what else.

PostPosted: July 7th, 2018, 11:31 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I just beat Resident Evil Revelaitons! It was a relatively benign game and plot and I ultimately didn't care about the characters, but the Raid Mode.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2018, 10:49 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Outside of playing a lot of Overwatch, I have gotten myself back into Tales of Berseria. It's been a lot of fun playing it again. I've been using Rokurou this time and I like his fighting style of the simplicity of Velvet's. Requires the right combo so you don't break the combo chain.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2018, 8:47 am 

Level 158

Well, PSN had a sale going on last week where a few wishlist titles ended up being 50% off, so I took advantage of that along with picking up expected releases.

New Purchases:
- The Longest Five Minutes (Vita)
- Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PS4)
- Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (PS4)
- Runbow (PS4)*
- Rainbow Skies (PS4)
- Perfect Angle (PS4)*
- Runbow (SwitchDL)*

I bought Runbow twice to get the Platinum on the PS4 version while the Switch version will be much better for multiplayer with my brother's kids whenever they visit. Totally worth it as I love that game either way. I'd also already bought Perfect Angle on Switch a few weeks ago, but double-dipped on the PS4 version for a speed run attempt at setting a new record for fastest Platinum on my PSNProfiles, made it in 90 minutes exactly with the previous being 145 minutes on CLANNAD. I don't expect to beat it any time soon.

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Perfect Angle (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita)
- Beat and 100%'d Runbow (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Runbow (Switch)
- Beat and 100%'d The Longest Five Minutes (Vita)

Also started my next streaming project, a fresh run of Return of Touhou Mother. When I tried to LP it last time, the game actually hadn't been finished yet and cut me off shortly after Chapter 6. It has since been finished, of course.

Looking forward to Shining Resonance Refrain and Octopath Traveler this week. Since I don't know how hooked I'll get on those, I'm trying to avoid really getting started on anything else for at-home until they arrive, but there are a few little things to play through in the meantime: Runbow's DLC levels and trying my hand at a couple of randomizers. I'm not yet aware of anything else for this week that looks worth picking up.

For on-the-go, I'm taking a break from games again to start Book 6 of The Wheel of Time. That was the main reason for taking the weekend to finish The Longest Five Minutes after starting it last Thursday, so I could start the book today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90 ... 103  Next