Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:04 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: March 4th, 2019, 9:20 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 158

Well, this week went pretty much as expected.

New Titles:
- Pic-a-Pix Classic (PS4)
- Dead or Alive 6 (PS4)

Progress:
- Beat World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

I did finish the latest book and started Pic-a-Pix Classic for on-the-go, where I'm about halfway through. Been focused on World of Final Fantasy during free time (mostly while taking breaks from studying for the certification exam I took on Saturday) and beat it yesterday. There's a bit to go before Completion/Platinum though.

Expected new releases for this week are Bonds of the Skies, a Kemco mobile RPG already ported to 3DS but I'll be getting the PS4 version, and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2019, 8:45 am 

Level 158

Despite being a very long week at work last week, it was also a good one for gaming as I've had not much else to do at home while resting and trying to recover from a hip injury.

New Titles:
- Bonds of the Skies (PS4/Vita)*
- Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)*

Progress:
- 100'% World of Final Fantasy Maxima (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita)
- Beat and 100%'d Alvastia Chronicles (PS4/Vita)

I did want to start Book 12 of The Wheel of Time this morning, but since I do most of my reading on the train to/from work and being in a sitting position aggravates my hip, I chose to start Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn due to being able to play it while standing much more easily than holding/reading an 800-page book.

At home I'm focused on Dead or Alive 6. While I got its Platinum trophy over the weekend, I haven't actually beat it yet as there are no trophies tied to Story Mode, but I'll most likely start that after work today.

The only expected new release for this week is The Caligula Effect: Overdose, another where it won't count against the backlog on its own, but rather trade places in the backlog with its earlier version that's still unbeaten. After this week, the floodgates open as the second half of March has a ton of games to look forward to.

PostPosted: March 18th, 2019, 8:57 am 

Level 158

Well, this was a bit of a crazy week. I was planning to play through some shorter games while waiting for some of the bigger releases that were arriving starting this week, and ended up proving to be quite successful, especially in that I was also home sick one day and was able to do a lot of gaming then too.

New Titles:
- The Caligula Effect: Overdose (PS4)*
- Peggla 2 Magical Masters Edition (PS4)*
- Oceanhorn - Monster of the Uncharted Seas (PS4)*
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS4)
- Fate/Extella Link (PS4)
- Azure Saga Pathfinder Deluxe Edition (SwitchDL)

Fate/Extella Link arrived early and, while Azure Saga Pathfinder doesn't release until Thursday, I pre-purchased it this morning for a discount.

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Dead or Alive 6 (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Bonds of the Skies (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Forgotton Anne (PS4)
- Beat Peggle 2
- Beat Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
- Platinum'd Blade Strangers (PS4)
- 100%'d Ghost Blade HD (PS4)

Hoping to finish 100%ing Kirby's Extra Epic yarn this week for on-the-go. At home, my plan is to really focus on Fate/Extella Link, but only if I'm in the mood to take on a longer game like it again, otherwise I may focus on a few more shorter titles.

This week's planned releases already got mentioned. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Everybuddy and the PS4 version of The Messenger will go on the wishlist, but I won't buy them right away.

PostPosted: March 25th, 2019, 8:18 am 

Level 158

Managed to stay ahead during this past week despite a surprise release and a recommendation from a friend that was on sale for 60% off.

New Titles:
- Blaster Master Zero 2 (SwitchDL)
- Goosebumps: The Game (PS4)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Worms WMD (PS4)
- Beat Gensokyo Defenders (PS4)

Currently focused on finishing up 100%ing up Gensokyo Defenders and hope to do so today, tomorrow at the latest.

I'm close to 100%ing Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, but I'm holding off on finishing it up so that my 2,250th :C: (100%'d game) on backloggery is also my 160th PSN Platinum, which will likely be Goosebumps: The Game as it will be the last quickie title I finish before returning to something longer.

This week unleashes a deluge of releases that I've been expecting, with even more on PSN and the Nintendo eShop having been announced for this week too: Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists, Trails of Cold Steel, Yoshi's Crafted World, Block-a-Pix Deluxe, Lyrica, and Snow Battle Princess Sayuki (maybe). Ideally I'll stay limited to just those.

Despite that, I'm shifting back to reading mode for on-the-go as I dive into Book 12 of The Wheel of Time. I'm determined to finish that series this year, maybe even before the end of summer.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2019, 8:39 am 

Level 158

This week definitely unleashed the floodgates of new titles, even moreso with several PSN and eShop titles on top of the regular releases. Despite that, I managed to stay ahead.

New Titles:
- Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World (PS4)
- AngerForce: Reloaded (SwitchDL - Pre-purchase, actually releases tomorrow)
- Lyrica (SwitchDL)
- Snow Battle Princess Sayuki (SwitchDL)
- METAGAL (PS4)
- Block-a-Pix Deluxe (Vita)
- Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch)

Progress:
- 100%'d Gensokyo Defenders (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS4)
- 100%'d Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (3DS)
- Beat and 100%'d METAGAL (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Goosebumps: The Game (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Blaster Master Zero 2 (SwitchDL)

It looks like this month will be pretty good for 3rd-party releases as there are no major releases slated that I'm getting, but Tuesday will bring Sephirothic Stories and possible Sword & Fairy 6 on PS4, so I'll try to get through something short tonight before trying out new ones tomorrow and deciding on what to focus on after that.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2019, 8:42 am 

Level 158

A good week this week with only one surprise release that was very worth it.

New Titles:
- Sephirothic Stories (PS4)
- Sword & Fairy 6 (PS4)
- AngerForce: Reloaded (PS4 - Swapped from the Switch version)
- Mechstermination Force (SwitchDL)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Fairune2 (3DS)
- Beat and 100%'d AngerForce: Reloaded
- Beat and 100%'d Mechstermination Force
- Beat Fate/Extella Link (PS4)

Working on the Platinum for Fate/Extella Link at home and Block-a-Pix Deluxe for on-the-go. Expecting two releases this week- Ace Attorney Trilogy and Shadowgate- but neither will count against the backlog, so it's a good week to make more progress overall.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2019, 9:33 am 

Level 158

Ended up pulling ahead this week due to only sticking with the planned releases that don't count against the backlog.

New Titles:
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PS4)*
- Shadowgate (PS4)*

Progress:
- 100%'d Fate/Extella Link (PS4)
- 100%'d Caladrius Blaze (PS4)

Still working on Block-a-Pix Deluxe for on-the-go, especially since each puzzle is now taking an average of 25 minutes. I'll most likely continue on Sword & Fairy 6 for at-home. The only new release planned for this week is "Our World is Ended" on PS4 but I may also pick up a few wishlist titles that are on sale.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2019, 8:36 am 

Level 158

Backloggery's down so this update may not be entirely accurate.

New Titles:
- Iconoclasts (PS4)
- Super Weekend Mode (PS4)*
- Our World is Ended (PS4)
- Cuphead (Switch)*

Progress:
- Beat Gunman Clive 2 (Switch - Did a run while waiting for the Smash Bros update to drop that night)

Didn't have a lot of time for gaming until the weekend, so progress was fairly minimal. I'm currently focused on Sword and Fairy 6 at home while still making slow progress on Block-a-Pix Deluxe on-the-go.

It's going to be a great update for the eShop courtesy of four releases: Moero Hyper Chronicles, Picross S3, Cytus a, and BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL!

EDIT: I knew I forgot something.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2019, 7:12 am 

Level 158

Well, any week with a little progress is still better than nothing.

New titles:
* Picross S3(SwitchDL)
* Cytus a (SwitchDL)
* BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! (SwitchDL)
* Moero Chronicle Hyper (SwitchDL)

Progress:
* Beat and 100%'d Sword & Fairy 6

With RPG Limit Break coming up next week I won't be doing a lot of major console gaming until it's over, but will at least get caught up on trying out new games and maybe go for one more Platinum trophy before the end of this week. Still making slow and steady progress on Block-a-Pix Deluxe (each puzzle currently taking about 20-25 minutes), but I'll be able to play more of that during downtime at Limit Break.

On the flip side, there are currently no releases I'm expecting this week, so any progress should be overall positive.

PostPosted: May 6th, 2019, 7:47 am 

Level 158

Ended up actually breaking even this week as, despite not beating anything and buying a handful of games on sale, I'm not counting any of them against the backlog or they're expansions to titles I've already beaten.

New Titles:
* Overdriven Reloaded: Special Edition (SwitchDL)
* Lode Runner Legacy (SwitchDL)
* Thumper (PS4)
* Gensokyo Defenders Plus (PS4)
* Mars: Chaos Menace (SwitchDL)

I'm at RPG Limit Break all week so I'm not really playing too much other than whatever handheld titles I opt for to mess around on during downtime (like those ones bought on sale above). New planned titles for this week include Frane: Dragons’ Odyssey and maybe Puyo Puyo Champions on PS4.

PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 12:50 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Been playing:

Overwatch
Undertale
Resident Evil 2
Dead By Daylight

PostPosted: May 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm 

Level 158

A little bit of progress this week despite spending most of my time at RPG Limit Break:

New Titles:
- Frane: Dragons' Odyssey (PS4)

Progress:
- Beat Lyrica (SwitchDL)
- Beat and 100%'d Gensokyo Defenders Plus (PS4)

Still working on Block-a-Pix Deluxe for on-the-go while currently undecided on a console focus. Looking forward to the Castlevania Anniversary Collection and maybe the PS4 port of the original Guilty Gear this week.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2019, 9:08 am 

Level 158

Was sick for most of the week, but did manage to make positive progress despite also making a ton of videos for the latest Simpsons meme too.

New Titles:
- Castlevania Anniversary Collection (PS4)*

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! (SwitchDL)
- Beat and 100%'d Block-a-Pix Deluxe (Vita)

While I would like to start Tales of Vesperia DE, I don't really have the time for such a long game until after mid-June and finishing up my current stream project, so I'll be focusing on Death End re;Quest to scratch the current RPG itch. Block-a-Pix Deluxe also took a lot longer than originally expected, so on-the-go gaming is on the backburner in favor of Book 13 of The Wheel of Time.

Two expected releases for this week: Atelier Lulua and a new entry in the Dragon Fantasy series- though I don't know if it's a new title or a remake of the first game yet.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2019, 11:23 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I just installed FFX/FFX2 HD Remaster and I thank God for the fast forward option.

PostPosted: May 27th, 2019, 9:51 am 

Level 158

A bit more than expected this week due to a couple of surprise releases, but positive progress overall as two of them won't count against the backlog.

New Releases:
- Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland (PS4)
- Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria (PS4)*
- Neptunia Shooter (Steam)*
- Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (3DS - Arrived 2 weeks before release!)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Super Pitfall 30th Anniversary Edition (NES)
- Beat and 100%'d Final Fantasy IV Ultima v2.20c (SNES)

Working on Death End re;Quest at home and reading for on-the-go. Want to finish the current book before starting Persona Q2.

As for new releases, Crystal Crisis is finally releasing on Switch so that's the only expected one for now.

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2019, 8:49 am 

Level 158

Good progress this week after purchasing only one expected new release and one wishlist title.

New Titles:
- Crystal Crisis (Switch)
- Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Death End re;Quest (PS4)
- Beat and 100%'d Grim Fandango Remastered
- Beat and 100%'d Frane: Dragon's Odyssey (PS4)

Got started on Persona Q2 for my on-the-go title, which will also hopefully be long enough to last a few weeks as I'll be doing a lot of on-the-go gaming next week. Not sure what I'll jump into next for at-home since both Grim Fandango Remastered and Frane: Dragon's Odyssey were going to get me through this week rather than beating both in a single weekend.

This month overall is heavy on releases with at least three this week alone: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II, Kotodama: 7 Mysteries of Fujisaki, and The Legend of the Tetrarchs. The last of those is another Kemco mobile RPG port so that may be the "try and beat in 5 days" title to aim for before next Monday.

PostPosted: June 10th, 2019, 5:25 am 

Level 158

Ended up breaking even this week.

New Titles:
- Legend of the Tetrarchs (PS4)
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II (PS4)*
- Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa (PS4)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Legend of the Tetrarchs

Mostly going to focus on Persona Q2 this week courtesy of heading out on vacation in a couple of hours and I'm only taking my 3DS.

Looking forward to Dragon Star Varnir this week and might get The House in Fata Morgana, but am currently on the fence on that one.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2019, 8:36 am 

Level 158

3 new games with 0 progress this week courtesy of being on vacation and playing a bit of Persona Q2 at a time while waiting around/standing in line. So, without further ado-

New Titles:
- Dragon Star Varnir (PS4)
- Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda (SwitchDL)
- Collection of Mana (SwitchDL)*

This week will see another small stream of releases courtesy of Bloodstained and Citizens of Space. Currently undecided on what I'll focus on for console gaming while Persona Q2 is still the current on-the-go choice.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2019, 8:41 am 

Level 158

Ended up breaking even this week courtesy of a handful of releases but also making some actual progress just last night.

New Titles:
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (PS4)
- Citizens of Space (PS4)
- Crystal Crisis (PS4)*

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth (3DS)

This week is bringing in another group of releases with Samurai Shodown, Super Mario Maker 2, and most likely Super Neptuna RPG at some point, plus potentially one more PSN title I wanted to take a closer look at.

Since I'll actually have time for console gaming this week, I'm hoping to get into Bloodstained or, if it arrives in the next day or two, Super Neptunia RPG. Meanwhile, my on-the-go focus has shifted to starting the final book of The Wheel of Time series.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2019, 8:24 am 

Level 158

Lots of new games but also lots of progress in order to pull slightly ahead this week as I picked up a couple of eShop titles that were on sale and I already had funds for, though only one ended up being worth keeping.

New Titles:
- Super Neptunia RPG (PS4)
- Samurai Shodown (PS4)
- Nekopara Volume 3 (PS4)
- Lines X (SwitchDL)
- Q-YO Blaster (SwitchDL)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)

Progress:
- Beat and 100%'d Nekopara Volume 3
- Beat and 100%'d Lines X
- Beat and 100%'d Q-YO Blaster
- Beat and 100%'d Super Mario Maker 2

Currently alternating between Super Neptunia RPG and the content creation portion of Mario Maker 2 as I copy my favorite levels from the first game over to the second while working on some new level ideas while still reading for on-the-go and expect to finish the book next week due to this work week being short.

Expected new titles for this week as Asdivine Dios and Will: A Wonderful World on PS4 with others like Ovivo and Paradox Soul are under consideration after I see more info on them, but they can probably wait.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 103  Next