Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:56 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: June 20th, 2016, 9:36 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 158

Plenty of positive progress this past week as the only "new" title was an event on one of my mobile games that I cleared pretty quickly. Other than that, I completed Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator's Story Mode and a few Arcade mode runs, finished Elite Beat Agents by clearing all songs on all difficulties, and beat and Platinum'd Senran Kagura: Estival Versus.

On a small console gaming break to edit the rest of the CGGP race videos and will likely focus on Punch-Out!! Wii after that. For the handeld focus, the PSPS is the only handheld system that needs a game completed on my gaming goal list, so I've restarted Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII for that. Hadn't touched my previous save file since 2011 as I was right in front of the final boss, but couldn't actually enter the final room due to the game not recognizing the fact that I had the key items needed to open the door.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 3:38 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 9

On Friday, I played for the first time a SNES game I haven't ever played before...Soul Blazer and I really like this game.

After playing it off and on over the weekend I'm at Area 5 where I just got the Zantetsu Sword. Next time I play it's backtracking time for all those metal monsters I had to skip. :evil

Also been playing Star Wars: Uprising every now and then for my iPad.

Last edited by RedNova on June 21st, 2016, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 9:34 am 

Level 158

Glad you're enjoying Soul Blazer. It's definitely in the Top 10 greatest SNES games of all time. If you get stuck, my Let's Play can help if you aren't already referring to that. =3

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 12:49 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Uncharted 4: I'm at around chapter 7 or 8, I think. Last mission I played was more action packed than the other bits, and it turns out the auto aim is not exactly auto aim. I am terrible at aiming, so I'll be looking forward mainly to the exploration and climbing parts of the game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition. Recruited all characters, got my specialization and romanced someone already. Taking my team doing random quests before continuing with the main quests. (This will take a while)

PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 3:04 am 

Level 9

Current gaming process.

Zoda's Revenge: Startropics II - Started playing the game this weekend and made it to Chapter 7.

Donkey Kong 64 - Started playing this weekend as well. Beat the Boss in Jungle Japes and got the 1st Key for K. Lumsy's cage.

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Haven't made progress since I last played. Currently on Stage 6.

Soul Blazer - Finished backtracking and also beat Area 5. Currently at the beginning of Area 6.

Still have Star Fox Zero(w/Guard) and Super Mario 3D World waiting in the wings.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 8:36 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I started playing the new Doom yesterday, and what people have been saying is correct. The single player campaign is legit. It throws back to the old days when you carry more weapons than is possible, everything auto pick-ups, and you are rewarded for doing well and exploring. All the guns have two secondary functions... so like Perfect Dark but more. And there's this great little mechanic of doing melee kills to get guaranteed health drops. There is a bit of a story, but it's very light and kind of funny seeing Doomguy throwing caution to the wind to the dismay of whoever he's 'talking' to. I don't think I've enjoyed a FPS this much since Bioshock.

PostPosted: June 27th, 2016, 9:55 am 

Level 158

Started off a normal week, then things got crazy over the weekend. Spent most of my initial time focusing on Crisis Core and, as of now, am halfway through the main game.

Bought Pac-Man 256 and Crazy Strike Bowling EX on PS4. Both are great pick-up games.

Picked up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE on Friday but didn't get to play much of it until yesterday when The Sonic Geek wanted to record a blind initial reactions video. I'll play more of it throughout this week most likely. So to pass the time while waiting-

Picked up Star Sky 2 on the WiiU eShop and played through it, only to run into a game breaking bug on that version that prevents the player from viewing the ending, so I logged on to Steam to get its version, and realized the summer sale was going on.

Bought the following on Steam:
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils - One I'd played through before but it wasn't translated into English yet.
Star Sky 2 - Was able to play through it and see the true end. Was worth it.
MANOS: The Hands of Fate - Pretty good platformer based on one of the worst movies ever made. Not hard to pick up and quite raceable. Beat it 100%.
Learn Japanese to Survive: Hiragana Battle - One of those "Did they really make this?" titles. RPGM game that actually has a nice approach.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night E3 demo - Had a code for this but didn't redeem it until then. Looking quite good so far.
Star Sky: After playing through the sequel I wanted to replay this, so I did.

Other progress included finally playing through the Satura's Space Adventure DLC levels on Runbow and getting a Vita copy of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel. Amazon finally got its act together and sent me the right version after sending a PS3 copy TWICE!

This week is a deluge of new releases so I'm definitely looking forward to Tuesday.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2016, 12:20 pm 

Level 158

Another crazy week, but the big achievement is finally completing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII after 8 years. Other than that, lots of new purchases.

Grand Kingdom (PS4) - Fun TRPG
Star Ocean 5 (PS4) - Haven't had time to try it yet.
Adventures of Mana (Vita) - A much better Final Fantasy Adventure remake than Sword of Mana
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4) - Cleared the main game yesterday.
BOXBOXBOY! - Binge 100%'d that.
Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS) - Another I haven't tried yet.
Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ English Edition (Steam) - Have a PSP import but in JP
Metroid II (3DSVC): Return of Samus - My Nintendo reward for digital backup.
Wario Land 3 (3DSVC): Ditto

Also would have had Zero Time Dilemma but the shipment for that's been delayed. Will hopefully arrive this week.

PostPosted: July 4th, 2016, 12:26 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just started playing Demon Souls yesterday. It's a lot slower than DS3, but I'm getting used to it. Currently stuck on Tower Knight. It takes forever just for a single attempt...

PostPosted: July 11th, 2016, 10:11 am 

Level 158

Came out ahead this week as the new purchases were duplicates for Adventures of Pip and Wild ARMs 3 on PS4 followed by nothing but positive progress:
Completed all of the first map levels in Sailor Moon Drops.
Platinum'd LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Finished and Platinum'd Adventures of Mana
Beat Pac-Man 256
Beat Contender Mode on Punch-Out!! Wii and am 1/3 of the way through Title Defense.

Got a couple of new releases this week but my primary focuses are finishing Punch-Out and getting started on The Misadventures of Tron Bonne PS1C version on my Vita.

PostPosted: July 11th, 2016, 10:12 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I beat Demon's Souls... twice. It was good.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2016, 1:50 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I've been playing:

Pokemon Shuffle
Mighty No 9
Life Is Strange
Fire Emblem: Birthright
AVGN II

in small pieces lately.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2016, 9:52 am 

Level 158

Been a good week as I finally got my copy of Zero Time Dilemma on Vita along with new releases Song of the Deep and 7th Dragon III: Code VFD on PS4 and 3DS, then got surprised with a Steam code for Muv-Luv- a visual novel series I backed on Kickstarter- and the release of Journey to Kreisia on 3DS- another port of a mobile Kemco RPG.

Progress wasn't entirely negative as I beat and 100%'d both The Misadventures of Tron Bonne and Song of the Deep. Currently working on Punch-Out!! Wii's Title Defense mode and 100%ing Yoshi's Woolly World at home. Since I've finished my gaming goal for handhelds this year I am planning on cutting back on handheld gaming while on the go in favor of re-reading my favorite book series, but the new copies of the books haven't arrived yet so I'm playing through the main story of Samurai Warriors Chronicles on 3DS.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2016, 9:43 am 

Level 158

Only got 1 new game this week and that was I am Setsuna on PS4, which is a nice throwback to Chrono Trigger. I plan to play through it sooner rather than later.

Have made great progress otherwise as I finished all of Yoshi's Woolly World, Punch-Out!! Wii, Ultimate NES Remix, and Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Still on a big musou kick and don't want to get started on something big console-wise this week since I'll be away from the consoles for a while starting on Friday, so I'm revisiting Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate to play through all the DLC levels while Hyrule Warriors Legends has taken over my 3DS.

Those books I mentioned in the last update should arrive Wednesday.

PostPosted: August 1st, 2016, 9:47 am 

Level 158

Welp, time for a list update since I more than made up for the previous week.

New titles:
Ninja Smasher! (3DSDL) - Beat with the default character.
Gotta Protectors (3DSDL) - Super silly fun so far.
Kirby's Dream Course (3DSVC)
Legend of the Mystical Ninja (3DSVC)
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (3DSVC) - Utter crap. I deleted it after 10 minutes of play.
Gal*Gun Double Peache (PS4) - So over-the-top it's hilarious.
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force (PS4) - Enhanced version of the original.

Other than Ninja Smasher! the only title I beat this week was Hyrule Warriors Legends by beating the main story. I dove into the Adventure Mode over half the weekend to unlock all of the non-DLC characters.

With that said, I will likely get Abzu this week (same guys who made Journey) but since I'm house-sitting again and won't have access to my consoles I'm taking a break from a lot of gaming in order to get started re-reading the Wheel of Time series since those books did arrive last week.

PostPosted: August 8th, 2016, 5:00 pm 

Level 158

Relatively light week since I wasn't home to play console games:
Bought and beat Miku Flick on iOS.
Tried out but ultimately deleted Mobius Final Fantasy also on iOS.
And bought and completed ABZU on PS4.

In my spare time I've been playing more of Hyrule Warriors Legends, but I'll likely move to something else for on-the-go shortly.

PostPosted: August 12th, 2016, 6:12 pm 

Level 9

Haven't posted an update here for a while:

Bought the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for my 3DS via the e-shop and got Mobius Final Fantasy for iOS.

Phoenix Wright Trilogy - Completed the first game in the Trilogy. Favorite meltdown of the ones who were defeated...Manfred von Karma and it was epic.

Mobius Final Fantasy - So far I find this game to be descent. Still early into the game so far.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2016, 9:39 am 

Level 158

Spent the first half of the week sick in bed, then spent most of the remaining time with the nieces and nephews so I wasn't able to do much until the weekend.

New titles: Another Metroid 2 Remake (PC), Caladrius Blaze (PS4), Mega Man X (3DSVC), Life of Pixel (Steam)

Took the time to beat Gal*Gun Double Peace and Caladrius Blaze, then took a break from Hyrule Warriors Legends to step back over to the WiiU version when I realized how close I was to 100%ing the game outside of the DLC content, so I took a few hours to do that before jumping back into the 3DS version.

Also started on Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island for the #GamesForCherry project I mentioned the other day. About 1/6 through the game time-wise.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2016, 10:07 am 

Level 158

Slow gaming week since I've been spending most of my time bonding with the new puppy we adopted on Tuesday, but I was able to eke out enough to finish the Great Sea map in Hyrule Warriors Legends, start Metroid Prime: Federation Force, and make more progress in Atelier Annie.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2016, 9:23 am 

Level 158

Starting to get things rolling forward again:

* Picked up Worms WMD on PS4 this week and got a good start by 100%ing all the training missions with gold medals (easy gold trophies for PSN too).
* Bought The Legend of Kusakari for 3DS and am enjoying it in small bursts.
* Beat and finished Atelier Annie: The Alchemists of Sera Island as part of the #GamesForCherry project mentioned in another thread and reached all 7 endings.
* Started up Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and reached Episode 3, Stage 21 while picking up all of the gems and completing each challenge on the way. Should have that finished this week.

Got at least 2 new releases to look forward to this week: God Eater 2 and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2058 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 103  Next