Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:52 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 103  Next
PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 6:35 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Finally just beat The Evil Within on the Nightmare mode of difficulty, earning me the achievement "Master of Horror". ... You damn right I am the master of horror, Steam.

So at long last, I can hang my gloves up on that and get to my LP of DreadOut. Also in non-LP gaming along the side, it is time to check out Grandia II for the first time ever.

Steam is awesome. Because of its ridiculously low prices from frequent sale times in which the prices are slashed by as much as 80%, I am able to find all sorts of hidden or long-awaited gems I have put on the backburner. Console gaming is now secondary to me. And I never thought I would hear myself say that.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2016, 9:33 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I finally beat the Ninja village in Fire Emblem Fates on Hoshido!

Now I can play the rest of it!

PostPosted: May 1st, 2016, 5:54 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

FINALLY after a lot of tinkering with sound settings on both PC and XSplit, I think I have gotten my mic problems figured out so I can get back into at least LP'ing Steam or emulator games via XSplit (no Final Fantasy VII hard mod or finishing Mega Man X7, though, since I have pretty much abandoned the issue of my capture device refusing to recognize any video input).

So, I'll be getting started on DreadOut TONIGHT.

(I am not holding out hope that nothing else will go wrong eventually, though.)

PostPosted: May 4th, 2016, 7:19 am 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 159

Picked up Stranger of Sword City on Vita, ASH on 3DS digital, and 100%'d Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds Overdrive on PS4 digital.

Mostly been focusing on Alphadia 2 but mostly on the go as I've been taken a break from a lot of console gaming to catch up on anime.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2016, 3:59 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 5

Game 4 racing against rpgm.
Donkey Kong country.

Results : a respectable 2nd place.

PostPosted: May 9th, 2016, 10:27 am 

Level 159

Another quiet week as I've been focusing more on watching anime and taking it easy. Most progress came from events in mobile games and progress on Alphadia 2 while on the go.

Got a code to try out the Grand Kingdom beta over the weekend and it's part TRPG with turn-based battle segments that feel like a combination of Valkyrie Profile and Guardian Heroes. Looking forward to the full release.

Got 1 new release on Tuesday that should arrive sometime this week so I'll likely be jumping into it and a few other titles both in and out of the gaming goal to get back on track.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 4:24 pm 

Level 19

Hiya all. Been a while, and was looking for another thread to post this, so yay! :)

I recently started a videogame playthroughs Channel, called MidiPlays:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChDRCzdpJj0I7R42Z2DIGRw

Also have a Backloggery of what games are completed on this channel:

http://www.backloggery.com/MidiPlays

Currently uploading my Shantae and the Pirate's Curse play through. I've got 2 completed playthroughs so far.

I plan this channel to be fore all the games I play through and complete while recording the footage. Pretty much a videogame backlog, if you will. ;)

Also, if anyone wants to use the footage for their videos, they are welcome to. It's one of the other reasons I'm doing these ;)

PostPosted: May 11th, 2016, 5:59 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

shrug
ffx/x-2 starting tomorrow

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2016, 9:43 am 

Level 159

Been a good week this week. Most on-the-go progress is still in Alphadia 2, though it feels like I'm nearing the end of the main game on that one, though the game's on the backburner to complete a timed event on Sailormoon Drops this week.

Only new title this week was MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies on Vita and I'll likely focus on that sooner rather than later.

This weekend saw a good start to getting back on track on the gaming goal as I played through Dragon Fantasy II: The Black Tome of Ice (the PS4 port of Book II) and finished it in about 12 hours, then got to work on 100%ing both games in the Gunman Clive HD collection. Finished the first game in all four modes and have 2 left in the sequel, so I'll finish that up during the week.

Looking forward to Valkyria Chronicles Remastered and the PS4 port of Wild ARMs 3 this week.

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2016, 9:29 am 

Level 159

Came out slightly ahead this week as I bought Valkyria Chronicles Remastered and Elite Beat Agents this week while finishing the 100% for Gunman Clive 2 HD, then beat and 100%'d MegaTagmension Blanc+Neptune vs Zombies.

Currently focusing back on Alphadia 2 for on the go and will be doing some practice for the rest of the SLPH Chrono Trigger race for when we record the last parts this Saturday. Currently undecided on what I'll focus on at home.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2016, 3:26 pm 

Level 159

Been a quiet week as I got TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan for PS4 and Infinite Dunamis on the 3DS eShop. Been focused on 100%ing Alphadia 2 after clearing the main story.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2016, 4:22 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I beat Mutants in Manhattan on every difficulty as of yesterday. The game would have been a week old tomorrow... Really hard to justify the 40 dollar price tag.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2016, 10:11 am 

Level 159

Been a week of bouncing around while trying to find something to focus on while waiting for the Odin Sphere remake. As such I finished 100%ing Alphadia 2 by clearing all the in-game quests and reaching the true ending, played through and completed the 3DS VC version of Super Punch-Out!! and played through the PS2 remake of the original Phantasy Star.

Also put a little progress in DKC:Tropical Freeze, Phantasy Star: Generation 2, Punch-Out!! on Wii, and Senran Kagura: Estival Versus throughout the week and weekend.

New games this week are the 3DS version of Sonic Generations (was on sale) and CLANNAD Side Stories on Steam.

PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 5:17 am 

Level 9

Bought Star Fox Zero ( w/Star Fox Guard) and Super Mario 3D World but haven't played them yet.

On WiiU Virtual Console I got some NES Games Startropics (which I played back in the NES days) - Zoda's Revenge: StartropicsII (which I haven't played yet), Gargoyle's Quest II (because I was interested). I beat Startropics 2-3 hours ago for the first time since I played and beat it back in the day.

I also got a SNES title that was raced on the RPGM race channel - Castlevania Dracula X and I'm finding out how difficult it was for myself. I reached as far the Stage 5 Boss the Fighting Werewolf (aka the Yamcha faker)

And because I felt like it all of a sudden I did another play through of Super Metroid and beat it getting my new best time of 1 hour and 36 minutes along with an Item Collect Rate of 58%

PostPosted: June 11th, 2016, 7:55 am 

Level 159

RedNova wrote:
I also got a SNES title that was raced on the RPGM race channel - Castlevania Dracula X and I'm finding out how difficult it was for myself. I reached as far the Stage 5 Boss the Fighting Werewolf (aka the Yamcha faker)

If you want the true Castlevania experience, get Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on Wii VC. Dracula X is the bastardized version. :D

PostPosted: June 12th, 2016, 2:36 pm 

Level 9

GunarmDyne wrote:
If you want the true Castlevania experience, get Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on Wii VC. Dracula X is the bastardized version. :D

Thanks for mentioning that I went and got it on Saturday in the Wii Shop. First time I tried the Controls wouldn't respond but I tried again later with my Wii Remote + Classic Controller Pro as the 1st Player input and not the 2nd and it worked.

What a difference Rondo of Blood is just from the opening cutscene. It is definitely easier than Dracula X and the movement even seems a little faster. I even unlocked Maria on Stage 2 thanks to seeing that in a cheats/codes section beforehand.

I got to stage 4 last night before stopping and I think only Gamed Over twice so far.

There was another game I got on the WiiU VC the same day I got the others but forgot to mention it - Donkey Kong 64 a game I haven't played before so I'll be looking forward to this.

PostPosted: June 13th, 2016, 9:54 am 

Level 159

Been a good week as I have beaten Elite Beat Agents on 2 of the 4 difficulties and am currently 2/3s of the way through the 3rd, though I took a break from that to focus pretty much entirely on Odin Sphere Leifthrasir once it arrived. Utilizing Cross-Saves to play it on both PS4 and Vita I blitzed through it and earned the Platinum trophy last night. I can definitely say it fixed pretty much everything that was wrong with the original and, even then, I didn't have a lot of complaints about it.

Other new acquisitions this week were Atelier Sophie, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, and Kirby: Planet Robobot. I have yet to try the latter two as I was that focused on Odin Sphere, so I'll post initial impressions early this week sometime.

Not sure what to expect in terms of new releases this week, if anything due to E3.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 1:21 am 

Level 9

Got back to Castlevania: Rondo of Blood today. After dying several times to the Headless Knight boss of Stage 4 I decided to see if a certain wall had any goodies in it and found an alternate route to another boss the Lady on a skull and had better success in defeating her. (I think I did it on my 3rd try)

Then Stage 5 the Ghost ship I realized two things:
1) Stage 5 (Ghost Ship) is probably my favorite stage in the game so far.
2) The cross is NOT the best Sub-Weapon in this Castlevania game...The Axe is (IMO of course)

I stopped on Stage 6 getting as far was the boss fight vs the Wizard himself.

Other than that I've been focusing on my FFRK game. Taking advantage of the Double Gysahl Greens promos the last 2 weekends to trade them for 2 Memory Crystal Lode II's and later some Accessories that are currently available.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 9:47 am 

Level 159

Yep. All of the first four stages in Rondo of Blood have alternate exits and bosses that definitely add to the replayability of the game itself.

Haven't done much in FFRK outside of weekly events lately since I'm at the point where I can't just set the fight to Auto Battle and multitask while my party wipes the floor with regular enemies. Hasn't felt as rewarding as the progress in LLSIF or Sailormoon Drops.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2016, 2:18 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Got a PS4 (bundled with Uncharted 4) and Dragon Age Inquisiton: Game of the year edition.

I played Inquisition on the nearly unplayable PS3 version. Now I'll be able to get a better experience out of it, and get all the achievements all over again.

I've never played an Uncharted game before. It threw me directly into the action before I even knew what was happening. It's probably a bad idea to be introduced to the series with the 4th installment. ThEse type of games are out of my gaming comfort zone, but the other alternative was the CoD: Black Ops 2 bundle, and I know for sure I'd find Uncharted more enjoyable. I'm even playing it in spanish! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 103  Next