Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:31 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 104  Next
PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 12:43 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

Fay and I both managed to finish our respective runs in the FF5 Four Job Fiesta last night, and man was it fun.

We were both streaming while we finished it, you can check out my final battle here (You can also hear Fay finishing the game just moments before me): http://www.twitch.tv/myoky/b/676782792?t=4h28m

I want to try another run pretty soon, maybe a random run, maybe a chaos run.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 1:30 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

That screenshot though.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 1:54 pm 

Level 73

Lantis wrote:
That screenshot though.

I know, my victory was by sheer luck with the Jump skill. Exdeath was spam casting Meteo at that point, and the only thing keeping Lenna alive was the fact that her Jumps were timed perfectly so as to not get hit.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 2:48 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 159

Must've been one downer of an ending sequence though.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 2:53 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Started playing Darksouls not too long ago. And the game is every bit as hard your first time through as people say. But it's also super rewarding when you do well. I'm currently having a lot of trouble in Blighttown, but I'm sure I'll work out something eventually.

I've been playing a Pyromancer, but I'm starting to level more towards dex type gear since spells have been nonexistent. I've been passing up on some good gear that needs more strength and dex. So while it would be pretty harmful to switch builds this far into the game, it'll probably make things easier than trying to survive on a magic build.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 6:44 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I still can't get past the first town in the game. I'm awful.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 10:12 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Just beat Twilight Princess.

Ganon, learn to follow up with a combo when you find an opening to hit with your sword. That's the only reason Link lives long enough to beat you every time. He actually hits more than once when he can.

And Midna, after you transformed back into your normal appearance ...

"What? Is it that I'm so beautiful to you that you are at a loss for words?"

Hah hah .... hah hah .... hah hah hah hah!

NO.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 11:14 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Mina's cool. AND I WAS AT A LOSS FOR WORDS AT HER BEAUTY!!!!!

PostPosted: July 9th, 2015, 11:36 pm 

Level 159

And you can enjoy it whenever you want should you download the TP DLC for Hyrule Warriors.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2015, 5:37 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

SarahsKnight wrote:
Ganon, learn to follow up with a combo when you find an opening to hit with your sword. That's the only reason Link lives long enough to beat you every time. He actually hits more than once when he can.

That's nothing. If you have the fishing rod, you can actually distract Ganondorf like a baby with keys in that phase of the fight.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: July 13th, 2015, 10:28 am 

Level 159

After Monday, when I Platinum'd Danganronpa 2, I didn't have a lot of time for gaming in the evenings but did manage to finish Tappingo 2 during the work commute. After that and through early Saturday I blitzed Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy Curtain Call to totally finish up with it by reaching 999,999 rhythmia (from about 700,000 after getting all of the in-game achievements and finishing the final batch of DLC songs).

Finally, I spent Sunday on Magna Carta 2, blitzing through most of the second half of the game and am finishing up the side quests before entering the final dungeon. If I have time in the evenings I should have it done by mid-week.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 9:21 am 

Level 159

Been a gaming-heavy week to make up for last week.

Started off by finishing Magna Carta 2 100%. Thankfully the "500 Chain Break" achievement took less than a couple of hours to grind out and it was the only one of its type so I managed to get all 46. Was definitely better than the first game for the most part, but I felt the first had a slightly better story.

Focused mostly on Lord of Magna over the couple of days after that, but Thursday changed things up as I bought Story of Seasons on 3DS and Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3 on Vita. Got totally hooked on the latter and had the main Story beaten by Sunday morning.

Also downloaded Secrets of Grindea on Steam and beat a few story mode scenarios on Skullgirls 2nd Encore. For now I'm only taking my 3DS to work with me so I can focus on Lord of Magna and not get distracted with more SWC3.

Finally, I started Blue Dragon yesterday and put in 4 hours, mostly just gaining some job levels to learn what various skills are and to put them to good use. So far it's looking like it'll be a very worthy game to finish my 360 collection on.

Full details to come next week, but let's just say that tomorrow will be very good for my PS4 (as opposed to my wallet).

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 9:37 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just Dark Souls and PoE from me.

Dark Souls is going great. I've collected two of the four souls required for the Lordvessel. I feel like I understand how the game works and what it expects of me. It's still extremely hard in places and requires a lot of patience. Capra Demon, Blighttown, Knight Lautrec, and getting cursed in The Depths all did a pretty good job of discouraging me from continuing. But having already started another character, these things aren't nearly going to be as much of a problem as they were. I've already put away the Capra Demon and made it through Blighttown with little issue and am once again in front of Sen's Fortress. I'll probably go back to that character some time after I beat the game with my first.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2015, 1:12 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Skyforge began open beta a few days ago and I've been hooked with it. It's feels like a mix of Phantasy Star Online and Guild Wars 2 (and I like both of them!) Instead of leveling up you use sparks to fill up nodes for each class to increase stats and learn abilities and talents (much like Final Fantasy X)

Game doesn't have any sort of healing skiils, so I'm enjoying playing a Light binder who focus on using shields to keep party alive until bosses drops healing orbs.

PostPosted: July 27th, 2015, 9:25 am 

Level 159

I had a bit of a breakdown this past week while coping with the death of my dog and thus went a bit crazy with the purchases:

• Onechanbara Z2: Chaos on PS4
  • Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed on PS4
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition on PS4
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate on PS4
  • LostWinds on WiiWare (which I also beat 100%)
  • LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias on WiiWare
  • 3D Streets of Rage 1 and 2 on 3DS
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivors 1 and 2 on 3DS
  • Donkey Kong Land 1,2, and 3 on 3DS Virtual Console
  • Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive on PS4

Overall progress otherwise has been fairly slow (since I had to take time to try out all those new titles). I did manage to beat all of the Story missions on Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 but still have a ways to go to Platinum it so I'm taking a break from it for now. I'm back to Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven as my portable title and hope to beat it before the 11th. Put in about 9 hours of Blue Dragon over the weekend and at least 1/3 of it was simply searching through every nook and cranny in every area for hidden items and Nothing (of which you need to find 1800 of in the game).

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 9:29 am 

Level 159

This week was a bit more sane courtesy of watching a lot of SGDQ 2015 but I also made good progress:

Still working on Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 bit by bit, but it's no longer my main Vita focus. I'm probably going to switch over to AeternoBlade and get that taken care of before playing another RPG on it.

I beat Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, though to get 100% you have to play through the main story at least 7 times. Not sure if I'll do that anytime soon.

Reached Disc 3 of Blue Dragon and have gotten every missable achievement so far, so progress on that has been going well. I'm enjoying the game enough to warrant tracking down the two DS sequels too.

And, on a Friday night whim, I played through and 100%'d Lost Winds: Winter of the Melodias on WiiWare. I highly recommend both games in that series even though playing Wii games that require pointing at the screen are starting to hurt my wrist. Thankfully the only game I have left that requires that is Skyward Sword and I'll likely be playing through that after Blue Dragon.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 12:17 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

I really liked Blue Dragon. It is an old school kind of RPG with fun enemies that remind me of Dragon Quest. Finding all the nothings was a bit tedious though.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2015, 12:21 pm 

Level 159

Fortunately you don't have to find all of the Nothings to get 100%. There's only one unique item from the Nothing man and that requires only 400, IIRC.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 9:07 am 

Level 159

Managed to achieve a new milestone this weekend by finishing Blue Dragon 100%. As that was the final XBox 360 game I had left I have "retired" the console by moving it from my room into the generic house game room, so it'll still get use every so often.

I'd also been playing Ultimate NES Remix on 3DS every now and then for the past few weeks and beat it this week, but still have a ways to go to 100% it.

The only new acquisition this past week was Picross e6 on the 3DS and will very likely have it finished in a couple of days. It's one of my favorite puzzle series and there are a ton of games for it available: Mario's Picross on Game Boy VC, various Picross games on SNES VC, Picross DS/3D on DS, and the Picross e series on 3DS.

I'm unsure of what my next major console game focus will be so I'll likely be playing through some quick games to get my :U: count down a bit on backloggery. Still enjoying Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 as well.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2015, 12:46 pm 

Level 73

I beat Dark Souls for a second time a few weeks ago while lending Lantis some tips to get through the game, and then after that started up and beat Dark Souls 2.

It's amazing how much a sequel not done as well as you expected can make you appreciate the original game.

Overall, I'd say Dark Souls 2 is much easier game than the first. I died way fewer times while playing through it, but most of the times that I did die, it felt more like the game had cheated me, and didn't feel fair. It felt like the developers heard how much people liked the difficulty of the first game and then decided to turn it up to 11... except they didn't realize that the difficulty in the first game was based on more than just having to fight large groups of enemies at a time.

The most enemies you ever had to fight at a time in Dark Souls 1 was like three maximum, and then it was a huge deal when you had to fight 2 bosses at once. In DS2, you are often fighting groups of four, five, six or more enemies at once, and at least 10% of the games bosses were just groups of enemies, several of the bosses were just fighting 2 or 3 of some boss you had completely overpowered before.
It was like they didn't understand what made the first game both difficult and fun at the same time, and so they just decided to overwhelm the player to make up for the actual difficulty that comes from learning enemy attack patterns and dealing with the environments.

Overall, I'd still say it was a good experience, for anyone that has enough of replaying through the first Dark Souls, you should give DS2 a try, just don't expect it to be as fun or exciting.

I'm not sure what I have to look forward to in the Souls franchise. I've tried out Bloodborne, and I was into it because it seemed to have the same issues as Dark Souls 2, where the game throws large quantities of enemies at you in order to simulate difficulty. On top of that, Bloodborne and now the gameplay footage of Dark Souls 3 looks and feels more like an action game ala Devil May Cry or God of War than a strategic action game like the first game and Demon's Souls were. If I wanted to play a game like that, I would just play DMC.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2062 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 104  Next