Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:52 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 19th, 2016, 11:45 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

...a hybrid.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 10:07 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Updated first post with reveal.

It's cool.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 10:34 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

If you hate on the Switch, you pretty much hate life. IMO, it's the perfect console (in concept, and I'm sure in reality). Something for the home and on the go was my dream. Being able to take console level games on the road or to Starbucks or whatever is next level. I am super excited about this. And I'm even more thrilled that Skyrim will apparently be on it, which, along with Breath of the Wild, will consume my life force. It looks like they have a new Mario game planned out, too. But I'm very excited about this console more than any other.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 11:01 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Enhanced/slowed down version of the Mario clip:

And no, not hating on the Switch. It's exactly what I was hoping for.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 11:05 am 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Oh, I just mean that in a general sense. If anyone hates on it, I couldn't understand why.

And I'm hoping that's a new Mario game we get to experience soon or even at launch.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 11:18 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I just realized how significant Skyrim on the Switch is. Imagine taking Skyrim on the go. Skyrim's not a game that interests me, but still, it's the first time I'm aware of that a game like that would be portable. And given that you can save any dang time you want in that game, it's actually quite fitting for a pick-up-and-go system.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 12:26 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief
a.k.a. Gunman/Punarm Dyne

Level 158

I could only half-watch the reveal trailer during work but was quite impressed with what I saw.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 1:59 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I like how much thought went into this system. It's practically a no-brainer for mobile gaming.

The next big thing is that all former handheld-exclusive games are gonna get HD upgrades.

Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc are gonna be in HD for the next iteration! I'm hype!

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 6:35 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

This was actually a really ballsie move on Nintendo's part. By having a console/handheld hybrid, they are eliminating their own handheld market. Every generation they have had a console as well as a handheld (which also had multiple versions). So instead of getting the income from a console AND a handheld line, they will only be getting income from the Switch. And it's a risk that I won't let them down on.

The design is legitimately amazing. The fact that each half of the controller can break down and each half, when oriented properly, matches the other... making one controller two. This also means that out of the box, you can multiplay without needing to buy a second controller (another risky move for N).

The only possible problem I see coming from this is that it seems there will be a lot of charging going on. From pictures and video, it's clear that each half of the controller has it's own batter... as does the tablet, its self. I don't know what kind of charging solution they are going to be using, but the battery life is going to have to be top notch.

Ultimately, I'm very excited for this console. More so than anything N has put out in several years. And the third party support is staggering (see link below). And it seems that they are pulling away from gimmicks and waggle entirely, which I'm always going to be happy about. I just hope they really go all out and really nail out some amazing exclusives. I already know Beyond Good and Evil 2 is going to be dropping on this, so I was sold before it was every announced.

http://i.imgur.com/NiaNTUv.png

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 8:33 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I have a feeling this console is going to explode (not like the Galaxy Note 7) and break some records. And I actually don't find this that risky. They owned the handheld market (if you don't count cellphones) and they had a good amount of games there. The only area they'd lose money is from the two separate pieces of hardware, but I think that will get alleviated by the boost in volume sold. And seeing how much attention and love developers have given the console, I see it being flooded with games. If Skyrim remastered comes on launch, which I assume it will since it will have been released on the others already, then I expect some other good games to come out on launch as well. And the new Zelda will be a day one title.

I think the battery will be better than people expect. Don't forget the controllers will hold a good charge because they won't require that much power. The screen/console is where the power will be. If it can go at least 6 hours on battery straight out of the box, I would consider that a win when you take into account all the power in it. But I'm going to assume it'll be like the Wii U gamepad and have a charging cable. But the controllers should probably last a long time like the Wii U Pro Controller.

I'm straight up thrilled about this console for what it will do for gaming. Being able to take a console with you everywhere was but a dream for many years. Now it's a reality. I'm excited for all the games. I wonder how much onboard space the hard rive will have and what size SD card it will take.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 9:14 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

The possibilities...

PostPosted: October 20th, 2016, 10:32 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I see this risk actually being a smart move, on account Nintendo will no longer be competing with itself. Not everybody could afford both a Wii U and a 3DS. Heck, in order to get Smash 4 to all their fans, they had to make both a console and handheld version of the game.

By the way, I will be surprised if there isn't at least some sort of waggle capability in those controllers. I just assume Nintendo didn't show the waggle because they wanted to focus primarily on what was new.

PostPosted: October 24th, 2016, 4:39 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

This is pretty cool: an interview with one of the people in the trailer. Specifically, a guy from the Splatoon section.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2016, 12:33 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

PostPosted: October 26th, 2016, 9:47 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Bravo. That's great.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2016, 11:01 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Jimmy Fallon got to try the Switch and Breath of the Wild.
...After playing that Mario mobile game. Skip to halfway through the video for the Switch.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2016, 9:04 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I saw this. It was a complete 180 from that horrible Wii U intro.

PostPosted: January 13th, 2017, 8:46 am 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I am completely stoked for the Switch. Breath of the Wild's trailer at the event last night was amazing, as was Super Mario Oddessy's. I'm excited for a Splatoon 2 as well. There is also Fire Emblem Warriors (should be like Dynasty/Hyulre Warriors), which will be fun. Hopefully they use a lot of familiar and popular FE characters in it. Overall, the Switch looks awesome and I'm ready to get it.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2017, 5:13 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Reports are showing the cost of Switch online will be around $17-$26 (approximate numbers) a year. So this will probably be about $20 or $25 per year, which isn't bad as far as a paying service goes. Considering XBox and PS are $60 a year, and if Nintendo is taking online more seriously, then it's a good deal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arstechnic ... ent=safari

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2017, 12:08 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

At least it's cheap.