Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:18 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 4th, 2012, 4:24 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Quote:
Corrected some text (A monster Spider that was called Cloud, etc).

Did you also fix the jello monster that was named "Spider"? :P

Also, is there a list you have keeping track of who all has helped you with the translation?

Edit:
Going into MonsterGrp and creating a group results in this once you back out.

The problem is also in 0.3.3, not sure about earlier than that. It fixes itself after going back to the title screen or test playing.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 10:24 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

So Dray brought something up in the chat the other day.

If ever you are able to find a way to edit images properly, it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and directly translate the title of the game from "Tsukuru 4" to "Maker 4". Luckily the numbering would work out as there isn't a 4 yet... even though technically it's the real RPG Maker 2 as this came out between our 1 and 2.

You know, kind of like the whole Final Fantasy II/IV thing. But yeah, I wouldn't mind just referring to this entirely as RPG Maker 4.

PostPosted: March 9th, 2012, 3:50 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

My copy came and I just got it patched. You the man, Reem. :rockon

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 3:52 pm 
Rank 3: Studying Black Mage Rank 3: Studying Black Mage
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

Got my copy of RPG Tsukuru 4 yesterday. Can't play it yet because I have no idea how to do any of the stuff you tell us to do. I just want to play the thing on my PS3, man. I have no idea which link on google to even click on about ripping the thing. Or which disk I need to rip. Maybe someone here can help me. I want to play. :(

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 8:06 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
Got my copy of RPG Tsukuru 4 yesterday. Can't play it yet because I have no idea how to do any of the stuff you tell us to do. I just want to play the thing on my PS3, man. I have no idea which link on google to even click on about ripping the thing. Or which disk I need to rip. Maybe someone here can help me. I want to play. :(

Well, to rip it, you just use any CD ripper (I like ImgBurn), and rip the cd using that.
I have no idea how you would go around playing it on your PS3 though.
If your PS3 can play burnt PS1 games, then just patch it after you rip it, and reburn it to a cd.

If/When you figure it out, please let me know so I can add it to the "How to play on another system" section :D

PostPosted: March 10th, 2012, 8:27 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

You may want to hit up Insultobot on getting a PS3 to play burned discs. I'm fairly sure there is a way, but I don't know it.

I use CD Burner XP for ripping and burning. It's free. Though I haven't burned it yet, I just run the ISO through EPSXE.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 2:00 am 
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

Remeer wrote:
Jamos wrote:

Well, to rip it, you just use any CD ripper (I like ImgBurn), and rip the cd using that.
I have no idea how you would go around playing it on your PS3 though.
If your PS3 can play burnt PS1 games, then just patch it after you rip it, and reburn it to a cd.

If/When you figure it out, please let me know so I can add it to the "How to play on another system" section :D
I never used any kind of CD ripper before, thus why I was a bit confused. Sadly, that now seems to be the least of my problems. I originally thought I'd be able to play it on a console as the game was originally intended. That, however, isn't quite the problem. I was really wanting to play it on my PSP, but then I noticed you say 3001 doesn't work. I had no idea what kind I had until I found the box it came, just a few moments ago... Its 3001. Which leaves me with only the computer. Mine hasn't worked in a while. I'm screwed. :(

PostPosted: March 11th, 2012, 2:51 am 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
Remeer wrote:
Jamos wrote:
-snip-

-snip-
I never used any kind of CD ripper before, thus why I was a bit confused. Sadly, that now seems to be the least of my problems. I originally thought I'd be able to play it on a console as the game was originally intended. That, however, isn't quite the problem. I was really wanting to play it on my PSP, but then I noticed you say 3001 doesn't work. I had no idea what kind I had until I found the box it came, just a few moments ago... Its 3001. Which leaves me with only the computer. Mine hasn't worked in a while. I'm screwed. :(

-edit-
I got it to work with 3001, check the main post again :P
If you need any more help, let me know.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2012, 11:59 pm 
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

I burned, patched, and used that popstation thing. For some reason it only put 1744 KB of data on my PSP and when I click on it the damn thing says some nonsense about copyright protection information being invalid. I've been at it for hours and I'm going loco.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 2:19 am 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
I burned, patched, and used that popstation thing. For some reason it only put 1744 KB of data on my PSP and when I click on it the damn thing says some nonsense about copyright protection information being invalid. I've been at it for hours and I'm going loco.

You should hit me up on a messanger some time so I can help you step by step :P
On the top right of the webpage there is a chat thing. Can you register on it and talk to me on there? I'd be able to help you alot easier.

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 5:01 pm 
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

I would totally be cool with that, but currently my only access to a computer is at my grandparents and I'm only there a couple days out of the week. Would be difficult to get together and chat. I guess I'll give a step to step method that I'm doing so you can point out what I'm doing wrong.

First I setup CD Burner XP that Lantis mentioned. I did try to use the ImgBurn thing you mentioned, but for some reason the bloody computer started acting funny when I tried to use it. The first thing that pops up when I go to use the burner is a series of options starting with data disk, audio disk, burn ISO image, copy or grab disk, and erase disk. I choose data disk. I select the disk that I'm ripping then one by one I use the Add option to add those files to that whole ripping thing. After all of them are added I save it as a BIN file. Next I use the ppf-o-matic3 which was actually pretty damn simple. I pick the BIN file then patch and I aplly them. I loved how simple that was. Now I go to the Popstation GUI. In The PSX Image File area I select the BIN file. In the Output Folder area I honestly have no idea what I'm suppose to choose. On Game Title I press select then type out the name of the game and pick the one that says RPG Tsukuru 4 [NTSC-J] [Disc1of2]. I push Go, it does its stuff then onto the PSP it goes. The rest you already know about.

I would also like to thank you for all of your help. If only it wasn't like trying to teach a donkey the Italian language in five minutes. Yes, I'm the donkey. :)

PostPosted: March 13th, 2012, 9:03 pm 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
I would totally be cool with that, but currently my only access to a computer is at my grandparents and I'm only there a couple days out of the week. Would be difficult to get together and chat. I guess I'll give a step to step method that I'm doing so you can point out what I'm doing wrong.

First I setup CD Burner XP that Lantis mentioned. I did try to use the ImgBurn thing you mentioned, but for some reason the bloody computer started acting funny when I tried to use it. The first thing that pops up when I go to use the burner is a series of options starting with data disk, audio disk, burn ISO image, copy or grab disk, and erase disk. I choose data disk. I select the disk that I'm ripping then one by one I use the Add option to add those files to that whole ripping thing. After all of them are added I save it as a BIN file. Next I use the ppf-o-matic3 which was actually pretty damn simple. I pick the BIN file then patch and I aplly them. I loved how simple that was. Now I go to the Popstation GUI. In The PSX Image File area I select the BIN file. In the Output Folder area I honestly have no idea what I'm suppose to choose. On Game Title I press select then type out the name of the game and pick the one that says RPG Tsukuru 4 [NTSC-J] [Disc1of2]. I push Go, it does its stuff then onto the PSP it goes. The rest you already know about.

I would also like to thank you for all of your help. If only it wasn't like trying to teach a donkey the Italian language in five minutes. Yes, I'm the donkey. :)

Long version:
It sounds like you don't have CFW on your psp.
Go into System Settings > System Version or something like that. It should say something like "Version x.xx"
Get the x.xx and toss it into google, along with LCFW.
For example, I have 6.39 so I would look up "6.39 LCFW".
After a bit of searching, you should be able to find LCFW for your PSP, if you put it on your psp, and run it, you should then be able to play PS1 games.
You see, LCFW mods your PSP until it is shut off. So your PSP will be able to play homebrew (Home made, or backed up) applications until it is shut down. CFW is perminant, but right now there is no way to attach CFW to 3001 psps. This is what LCFW is for, it will allow you to use Homebrew, but every time you reboot your psp, you will need to rerun the LCFW first.

So, when your LCFW is done with, download and install the Popsloader Installer (The one I linked to in the OP), load that into your psp, and run it. It will install Popsloader on your psp, which will allow you to play PS1 games better on your PSP.
When it is done installing, NOW try to load RPGT4. But when it is loading, hold the R trigger, and pick 3.50. The game should now load up.

When everything is done, to play RPGT4 from scratch, all you will need to do is load the LCFW, and then run the game, and that should be all.

Short good-it-yourself version:
This section comes with keywords for you to toss into google, to help you just do it yourself if my instructions above don't work:
First google and find out how to install a softmod on your PSP. Use these keywords to google it:
How to Softmod x.xx(Being your version) 3001 psp.
LCFW for x.xx 3001.

Then, when you learn how to use LCFW right, download the popsloader installer I linked to. If it doesn't work, here are some keywords..
Popsloader for x.xx 3001
Popsloader x.xx download psp -vita

If again, it's not the installer, you will need to learn how to install popsloader as a PS1 plugin.
How to install popsloader psp -vita
Installing pops plugins psp -vita

When all that is done, you should be able to load up RPGT4, by doing the right trigger 3.50 thing.

All else fails:
Tell me your system version, I'll just find everything for you.

Doing PSP stuff is very simple once you get past the setup. Softmodding anything can sometimes prove to be a pain for some people :P
It's not as complicated as it sounds, so please don't feel overwhelmed just because of the long instructions lol.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2012, 5:59 pm 
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

I downloaded the LCFW and whatnot and now when I click on Tsukuru 4 4 it actually does something. The screen turns black, but I already expected that. That is some progress. I downloaded Poploader, but ity doesn't do anything. It doesn't even show up on my PSP. Don't know what to do about it. :(

PostPosted: March 17th, 2012, 1:29 am 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
I downloaded the LCFW and whatnot and now when I click on Tsukuru 4 4 it actually does something. The screen turns black, but I already expected that. That is some progress. I downloaded Poploader, but ity doesn't do anything. It doesn't even show up on my PSP. Don't know what to do about it. :(

Did you download the installer? Or just some popsloader thing itself?
If the thing itself, get the installer.

When you download the installer, you just unzip everything onto your PSP as is, and it will put everything into all the proper directories and you should be able to boot it up to install it.

The reason it's a black screen is because you don't have popsloader.
When you have it installed, hold R when you are starting up the game, a weird menu should appear where you can select 3.50

PostPosted: March 20th, 2012, 12:17 pm 
The Greatest Person Ever

Level 0

EDIT: Nevermind. I finally got the popsloader to do its thing. Still can't get the game to play though. I hit the R button upon loading and it gives me those options you mentioned, but not one has worked yet. I think you asked what version my PSP was before, it is 6.60. A quick question, what is the amount of MB the game is suppose to have on the PSP?

Last edited by Jamos on March 20th, 2012, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: March 20th, 2012, 1:00 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

^Yeah, this is gonna need to be done with a mentor via live chat, skype, or even remote pc. Based on what you have said, there are numerous tiny mistakes that are common to first time users of CFW. I made plenty of mistakes along the way myself. You are going to find a lot of info at http://psp.dashhacks.com and http://forums.dashhacks.com/psp-tutorials-guides/ so I recommend searching in there.

PostPosted: March 23rd, 2012, 3:16 am 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Jamos wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind. I finally got the popsloader to do its thing. Still can't get the game to play though. I hit the R button upon loading and it gives me those options you mentioned, but not one has worked yet. I think you asked what version my PSP was before, it is 6.60. A quick question, what is the amount of MB the game is suppose to have on the PSP?

Give me a dayish, I will PM you with directions.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 4:39 am 

Level 0

I appreciate the work you've done so far.

However, the link to the patch is down.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2012, 3:02 pm 
My brain feels burnt.

Level 44

Ren wrote:
I appreciate the work you've done so far.

However, the link to the patch is down.

Fixed for ya. :P

PostPosted: May 6th, 2012, 4:35 am 

Level 0

Wow, I wasn't expecting a reply so soon. Thanks for the fix.