Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:43 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 5th, 2019, 2:36 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Rabid Monkey Brain Child

Level 29

I was looking for the release date and found this on Destructiod.com:

RPG Maker MV has been cancelled on Xbox One

Quote:
Japanese developer Kadakowa Games has regrettably announced that RPG Maker MV has been cancelled on Xbox One. The humble PC release, which allows players to create their own fantasy adventures, is currently in the process of making the transition to console platforms.

Citing "Various circumstances" Kadakowa explained that it has pulled the plug on the planned Xbox One port, although the PS4 and Nintendo Switch editions of the game-making software are expected to go ahead as planned. RPG Maker MV uses simple interfaces, along with a huge database of assets, to allow RPG fans non-versed in coding to have fun building their own Poundland Final Fantasy-style title.

RPG Maker MV is available on PC and is in development for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.

I downloaded this for PC and had nothing but problems trying to get basic Map / Dungeon design to work, so I was looking forward to picking this up. My presumption is that there would be more stuff preloaded into the software, therefore making it easier to use, like RM1 for PS1. However, now that I have a Switch, at least I can buy that version when it's released.

EDIT

Almost forgot... NintendoLife said:

RPG Maker MV Delayed

Quote:
NIS America has announced the western release of RPG Maker MV for the Nintendo Switch has been delayed.

In a news announcement on the company's website, it was revealed the game's launch was being pushed back in order to deliver the best product possible. The update cited ongoing issues with development as the main reason behind the delay. Here's the post:

"We always strive to deliver the best product possible to you, the fans, with each title we release, and RPG Maker MV is no exception. With this goal in mind, we wanted to give you all an update on the current state of this title. Due to ongoing issues with development, the release RPG Maker MV will be delayed. We are working to resolve these issues, we anticipate the release date to be later in 2019. We apologize for any inconveniences caused to those who were looking forward to the release of RPG Maker MV, and when a new release date is confirmed, we will be sure to update our channels accordingly."

The Nintendo Switch version of the game was originally due out in North America on 26th February 2019. The European release was also scheduled for a 2019 release. As noted in the above post, NIS will lock in a new release date in the near future. Hopefully, it's not too far off.

EB Games does show a release date of September 3rd, 2019 for PS4/Switch, but that could change.