Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:31 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 14th, 2012, 10:29 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

1. Could you go over what you presented this year at Magcon?

I presented the latest version of Rincar, a game I started working on RPGM1 originally. It showed the first bit of the game.

2. What do you think might be a good estimate of when you might release your game?

I'm not sure how to answer to that. But I'll do my best to finish it by December 2012

3. Is there anything you wish you would have added to your presentation?

Yes! At the end of the demo, Bill was heading to Leafy Forest, but since I wanted to redesign the town of Porico, I had to leave that dungeon out. I Wanted to show how you can progress through that dungeon with the help of other neighbors: both by fighting along side you or using their obstacles to reveal objects, open paths etc.

4. What did you think of the presentation and live reactions this year?

I loved it. I knew some spelling/grammar errors would escape me so I was expecting those corrections. It also showed me that while I try my best to make the goal of each quest clear, I forgot to add reminders in case the player didn't pay enough attention during the dialogue. You have no idea how many times I gestured you from my laptop to go this or that direction!

In a way it bugged me that you didn't interact with every NPC, and you missed the squirrel in one of the houses, which was one of those Encounters of the Random Kind like the caterpillar. But I'm satisfied nonetheless.

5. What other games at MagCon did you find impressive and why?

Both Crystal Shores and Arc Arath were pretty impressive to me. Both games have been in development for a really long time and you can really tell. I liked the puzzle designs and idea of AA and I can see that CS's Spiral Island is built in a way that'll open up for very curious and original jobs.

6. What other games would you like to see a live presentation of at MagCon 2013?

I don't know! But it was fun to see these other games in motion, along with my own. I'll look forward ti any live presentation you get!

7. Can we expect to see something from you next year?

I hope so! Rincar is my baby, and I expect it to be finished by then. I'll want to try some other projects. I'm still not sure what, but the ideas are there, circling in my twisted little mind.

This year's presentation of Rincar is below.

Note 1: Political Incorrectness and Bad Language inside.
Note 2: If viewing from the front of the Mag, click here to view the video.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2012, 8:50 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to showcase my game! It truly motivated me to keep working on it. :)

PostPosted: May 17th, 2012, 9:25 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

We're glad you submitted it. We actually had a bit of trouble getting games in this year... which is a real shame.