Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:08 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 10:57 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I've been the Head of Forum for many years. Looking back on it, I haven't really made a huge difference. The biggest impact being the community driven races. And during my stay in this role, I've made my share of mistakes. Long before I took on this role, it was handled by someone who has been here since the beginning. Stythe has been here since day-one, and after having spoken with him and Ixzion, we've decided to give him the chance to take on the roll of Head of Forum again.

So, come the release of V6, I will be stepping down as Head of Forum and giving the position back to Stythe.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 11:11 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Lantis has indeed made his fair share of mistakes, but he's always tried to do his best, as well. It's all I would ever ask of any human being. Besides, the race videos have been a wonderful thing for this community. He sucks at giving himself some credit.

That said, we did have a chat where we discussed what v6 represents for us from a moderation standpoint, among other things. After the chat was over, we both believed that Stythe will be able to rise to the challenge that v6 is going to represent. He has our full support.

Additionally, when v6 arrives, Lantis will be promoted to Site Administrator and will be responsible for moderating the content side of things.

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 11:19 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

When I gave up my position to Sumi a number of years ago, there were a lot of reasons attached to it including that of my own maturity. I lead, and was told that I did a good job of it, our community for quite some time. Naturally, there were some speed bumps and some people either didn’t like me or the way I did things. Some were likely happy I was no longer at the top of the forums, whether they are active currently or not.

I stayed in power, though, and have had plenty of opportunity to grow and develop my own way of doing things in regards to moderation. Some things, such as my apparent desire to put a whole string of likely unnecessary words next to everything I do, have clearly not changed whatsoever; but, there are some things that have changed. If we step back and extend our field of vision beyond that of my moderation decisions and look at the person behind this online handle, things change much more drastically. My entire life has shifted in direction.

This, however, isn’t a soapbox for me to talk about positive changes in my life. It would be lots of fun to give a speech on some long harrowing tale of how I saved a damsel lost in Bangkok and “accidentally” slept with some newhalves, but it’s likely much more pertinent to connect some dots: the Mag itself has changed directions as well.

With the changes coming with V6, we will be seeing more traffic on our forums. There will be more responsibilities for the staff we have. As was mentioned above, Lantis will begin taking on higher administrative duties and I will be stepping back in to take on the role of connecting people and fostering the growth of our community here on the forums.

To those of you whom I have wronged over the years, and those of you who may feel that this is a mistake for the forums, all I ask is that you accept my apologies for my mistakes and move forward into V6 alongside the rest of the staff and enjoy what is to come for all of us.

Thank you for the support. :)

PostPosted: June 25th, 2013, 11:27 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

Everyone is awesome. If people involved are cool with the change, I'm sure the site will be as well.:)

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 12:27 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

...Well, I'm skrewed.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 12:39 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

I don't have any problems with this. I think Lone is misunderstood most times. I've known him for a very long time and have had times where we talked a lot, and he helped me a good bit before. He may not always say things in ways that may make everyone all happy inside, but he has his own viewpoint and opinion on things. The reactions I see to his responses seem to be a lot stronger than necessary, honestly and I have always enjoyed seeing his opinions especially when they differ from the norm. He's really not that bad of a guy. He's actually more fair than most.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 12:51 am 
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I agree with you, Fox. I think we all have separate opinions on different things, and even so we're still a community(and a nice one at that). It happens.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 11:14 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I have a lot to say about what v6 stands for, but that's going to be saved for an opening post when it releases. But I think that a small portion of the ideology would be helpful here.

The Mag will be a place where maturity and reasoned discussion will be valued, with careful and fair moderation overseeing it. Every staff position is expected to be a reflection of this philosophy. If, at some point in the future, they can not live up to this, I will look for someone who can.

The next version of this site is going to have major changes to the way we operate. Some of you already have seen some of the commitment I have for this. This is just one more change in the wave.

PostPosted: June 26th, 2013, 4:37 pm 
Protector of Angels!

Level 18

Quote:
all I ask is that you accept my apologies for my mistakes and move forward into V6 alongside the rest of the staff and enjoy what is to come for all of us.

If I may go off-topic for the moment, but I don't know where else this could be said: I need to apologize, too. I AM the one who started that crap the other day in the thread, after all. So, I am sorry.