Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:53 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 1:30 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

First off, I did some forum pruning. I've got too many useless topics. I wanted to save them all in case I wanted to go back and look over the past and re-claim ideas or something (which actually did just happen), but whatever. Too much fail in my old posts. I kept some, though, 'cause there's a few memories worth keeping. The Q&A topic is gone, because it's largely ignored. The Spoiler Topic is gone, because I didn't like having my secrets in plain view for anybody to see at any time. There was also some random topic where I said I had become more interested in drawing than game-creating. Yeah, compared that to how things are now. :P I've also decided to merge together the topics of Dungeon Crawled, though I'll also be starting a new one, without the vague talk that makes you all clueless.

I haven't worked on Dungeon Crawled since MagCon. I need to get back on it. Re-enstating my activity list would help. I'll get back to it as soon as I get the next LP started.

As I said at MagCon, no work on Slayers' Reign. It's not cancelled. I've just got the same writer's block that I've had forever. If I ever figure out where I want to take the story, you can bet I'll be eager to work on it, again.

I was also thinking about Jester's Hunt 3D, as a lot of the topics here are about it. I'm probably gonna re-start it from scratch, whenever I decide to get back to it. There's a lot of scripts in there that will probably just confuse me when I try using them again, and work on Dungeon Crawled has allowed me to improve on my methods, anyway. Plus I have a better idea for the HUD. The one I was using was causing slowdown, on account it was all VFX, and RPGM2 can only hold so many elements onscreen at a time. However, I could have some of it consist of text boxes instead of VFX text. That would illiminate at least 8 elements from the screen. The only real loss from restarting from scratch would be the one map I had created, but it wasn't a great map, anyway. I'm gonna need to plan ahead better.

I recently had another game idea. One that would replace my failed attempt at Something Stupid IX. It'd actually be even more random. But a lot of it would consist of visual gags, so I'd have to create my own graphics. Something I'm not willing to go through right now. Maybe once I manage to get on a roll with game creation.

I don't know when EVIL 2 will release.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 9:23 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I think most people who own studios should do this. No one who's browsing your studio is going to read all those threads. It aslo makes things hard to follow if you have a full page of threads or more (*looks at Duel and 1ce*). Anyways, I'm looking forward to Dungeon Crawled. And I still think free roam mode would be interesting. It would probably make it way to easy to combo, but maybe make it an unlockable just to poke around with. It was feel probably a good deal like Take's work.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 2:20 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Wouldn't make things too easy to combo if there were a time limit to create the combo.

Still, I'm not sure how well such a mode would fit in, considering how the rest of the game plays. Plus it'd be difficult to impliment, considering I'd have to switch around a few of the mechanics.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 2:23 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

You'd know better than I. Either way, what you've got now is great.

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 5:30 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

*glares back* I actually like how my little forum is, thank you very much.

I'm glad to hear what you've done, Draygone. It feels like you're taking things a little at a time and making some real progress on what you want to do. Bravo.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 7:15 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

i really should torch the deadwood that makes up most of my forum. it seams like 99% of the posts in my form are made by me and every single one ive started with a few noted exceptions.