Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:07 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 6:57 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

What do you guys think?

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 10:22 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

What do you mean by "bomb"? No one will play it or no one will like it?

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 10:28 am 
Keep it cool

Level 13

I dunno really.

You asked at just the right time, because I've been looking at the results for Donkey Kong and it's downloads, and it's a little disappointing at 2 downloads. I tried everything I could think of to advertise the game and get people to know about it, from art to LTP videos to front pages. Then again the game was released just two days ago, so who knows if that will change.

I just don't think we have a huge audience for it. There aren't a lot of RPGM1 people with dex drives.

Then again, your game seems to have a lot of hype surrounding it, so maybe that would affect the outcome.

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 3:39 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I mean "bomb" as in people won't like it.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 3:57 pm 

Level 0

I don't know. Why would you be "convinced"? Are you having second thoughts about the quality of the game or about the preferences of the gamer?

I assume it would be enjoyable to some people.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 10:39 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Simply put, it's over-hyped. I made it seem like this great thing, when really, there is NOTHING that supports my claims, yet I managed to somehow get people really interested in it, anyway. I've never finished an RPG before. EVIL doesn't count. It's entirely likely that I'm going to be making rookie mistakes. With no experience to draw upon, the only thing I'm able to do is look at what I liked and what I didn't like about other games, and hope that's good enough.

Plus there's this huge gap in the story coming up on the second card that I honestly have no idea what to do with. There used to be a character introduction to fill the gap, but he served no purpose after his introduction (and that purpose was basically just to take you on a boat), and now that he's no longer important, there's nothing connecting point C to point D, and I'm afraid I'm going to be forced to put in filler.

Ultimately, the pressure of having one of the most anticipated RPGM games of all time is getting to me.

Oh, and at the same time, I wonder at what point the effort no longer becomes worth the maybe 10 people that will actually play the thing when it's finished.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 12:22 am 

Level 0

If only 10 people actually play it, then it seems like the pressure of having one of the most anticipated RPGM games of all time can't be that great in actuality, just in theory.

Even still, what is the worst that can happen? Those 10 people will be slightly disappointed and then move on with their lives.

Finish the game for you.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 7:31 am 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yeah, I'm not really making the game for me. I'm making it to show off. If I were doing it just for me, I could just as easily daydream about it like I normally do.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 10:32 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

if a part is bothering you then take a break from it and come back later. so much of what ive done i couldnt touch it the first time so i built something else and came back when i had an idea. often times when making something elsewhere you will get ideas as to how to fill that gap. just yesterday i had an idea while on the bus ride home. i couldnt finish my card without these bursts of creativity so rely on them to carry you through.

you are making the game for yourself, you want to tell your story. showing off is just a secondary bonus feature. youve been producing this game for so long that its definitely more then your ego pushing you onwards.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 8:36 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Well, showing off is a pretty big part of it. If this community wasn't here, I would've lost interest a long time ago. After all, nobody I know in real life is going to play it.

And I'm not really to the blank spot, yet, so I'm not quite yet at a "bothering me" part.