Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:52 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 28th, 2005, 2:09 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

This was previously the official Jester's Hunt topic. Now it's the official "All Things Jester's Hunt" topic. So discussion about Jester's Hunt and its upcoming sequel are encouraged to be discussed here.

This is also where I'll be making important posts about Jester's Hunt 3D. You know, like game info. Stuff like "I made this VFX" will still be randomly mentioned in news topics.

Here's a link to Jester's Hunt's web site.
Jester's Hunt Web Site

Not the greatest-looking site, it's at Geocities, and it's kinda outdated, but it works. :draygone:

_

Last edited by ErikaFuzzbottom on October 20th, 2006, 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: June 30th, 2005, 12:20 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 0

Just went to your site. I'm impressed. You've layed out everything, looks like it will be a good game. I'd say you've done a good job selling your game on the site to potential players. Keep up the good work.

Too bad I won't be playing it though, no Dex Drive.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2005, 11:38 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

I will be quite honest......the game looks like crap. I plan to play this when I get my dexdrive, so then I'll actually play it before I make a solid decision.

So, why does this game not suck?

PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 8:42 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Quote:
I will be quite honest......the game looks like crap.
Yes, I have terrible level design. Level design was at its peak in Lucky Woods. Too bad that's the first level. I tried to keep the gameplay somewhat interesting, though.

Darn it, now you've got me worried that I'll get a sucky review. I must've tried rewording this post to not sound defensive maybe five times. Ah well, it's overdue for a bad review anyway. It's gotten none.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: October 17th, 2005, 11:01 pm 
Rank 5: Nimble Thief Rank 5: Nimble Thief

Level 4

1ce wrote:
I will be quite honest......the game looks like crap. I plan to play this when I get my dexdrive, so then I'll actually play it before I make a solid decision.

wow...harsh

PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 12:32 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Draygone wrote:
Quote:
I will be quite honest......the game looks like crap.
Yes, I have terrible level design. Level design was at its peak in Lucky Woods. Too bad that's the first level. I tried to keep the gameplay somewhat interesting, though.

Darn it, now you've got me worried that I'll get a sucky review. I must've tried rewording this post to not sound defensive maybe five times. Ah well, it's overdue for a bad review anyway. It's gotten none.

You don't have to worry about getting a review from him, as he's not a reviewer.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 5:42 pm 
Keep it cool

Level 13

You don't have to worry about getting a review from him, as he's not a reviewer.
That's correct. Put a "P" before "reviewer" and that's my job. Still, it's not like I'm not making my own review of it.

wow...harsh
I usually don't have time for things that don't interest me. But I'm going to give this RPG a chance, because while it does seem boring, it interests me at the same time. Plus, I do what most people on the boards don't. Speak their opinion.

Haha, I figured you'd be much nastier than that! Haha! Anyway, I'll probably keep it to myself, or at the very least make one topic about it, but that'll be it.

PostPosted: October 18th, 2005, 7:48 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Nah, you can post your review here.

BTW, JH technically isn't an RPG. Not in the traditional sense, anyway.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 10:21 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 0

1ce wrote:

WOW! If you think this game sucks then you obviously don't know anything about RPG Maker, DO YOU?! Yes, go get a dexdrive and go play other peoples' games before you judge this game (just so you actually know what's out there). If you think the rest of the games are trash, go off do something else with your free time.

I'm sorry, that statement has enraged me since, personally, I thought this game was one of the better games for RPG Maker. Seriously, what makes you think it sucks? :shakefist

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2005, 11:24 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Didn't play it at the time, only looked at screens.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard anything about that review yet.

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2005, 6:23 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 0

I'm aware of that, I just assumed that he has read the walk-through and all of the information that has been posted on your web-site. Which I'm pretty sure that it was quite clear on what the player can do in the game. Wait a minute... *goes to look at walkthrough*

PostPosted: November 3rd, 2005, 10:04 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Your review has been added to the review queue, Dray. ;)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2005, 9:54 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Naturally when working on sequels, one must make sure they don't wind up repeating objectives from the previous game.

*brings up Jester's Hunt web site for reference*

AAAAAHHH!! MY EYES!!

So yeah, if I ever decide to get a new web site (because Geocities won't do), I'm gonna have to do WAY better than that. Come to think of it, I think I was in a bit of a rush to create that site.

PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 3:37 pm 
Keep it cool

Level 13

Yeah, Jester Hunt seems to have a lot in common with banjo-kazooie. Make sure to keep the same feeling along with it. God, Banjo-Tooie sucked, don't you think? I wouldn't want Jester's Hunt to go down the same dark path

PostPosted: December 5th, 2005, 10:31 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I like Banjo-Tooie for its bosses and minigames, and the ability to turn Kazooie into a dragon. Other than that, by the time I finish the game, I'm already wanting it to be done. Banjo-Kazooie, I finish it, I still love it.

So needless to say, I'm going to try not to create a Banjo-Tooie clone. The way I see it, Banjo-Tooie's biggest problem was the too-big levels. I got lost. A lot. Jester's Hunt 3D's levels will be big, but in a different way.

OMG, I just gave teaser info! :evil

PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 10:10 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Just finished playing Jester's Hunt last night.

I have to admit while the story wasn't anything deep (as it wasn't intended to be), the mini games and puzzles had ALOT of thought and time put into them. Because I use RM1 as well, whenever I would run into an interesting puzzle and whatnot, without knowing I was doing it, I'd sit there and try to figure out what contitions and how many switches would take to pull some of those off. The room with the final battle had to have a sh*t load of switches, heh.

The game is honestly fun. You don't have to really worry about fighting, so the game has a very casual feel to it. But the CBS did have a good deal of thought in it as each enemy has specific attacks that you can or can not do to them. The boss fights were rather interesting. Some of them might have come off as gimmicky, but overall they were nicely done using the CBS.

The game wasn't too terribly long, even afer trying to achieve all the triophies and tokens. But I consider that a technicallity as it's really not even an RPG. I actually found the humor pretty good. There were many times I found myself chuckling at some of the quips in there. There would be obvious issues that RM would have with layering, such as putting a door event over the shadowed doorway in system data that would cut off the top half of the door event. But the message the Jester gives you before you close it justifies it in a mannor that I found quit funny.

Anyway, it did have a good Banjo-Kazzoie feel to it. You pulled off the theme quite well. Overall, I enjoyed playing it. It wasn't one of those "Oh gosh, am I almost done? I wish it would just end." games... So yeah. Good jorb. ^_^

PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 12:05 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Whoo. Thank ye for the comments. Hope you enjoy the bonus. :)