Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:55 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 7:45 pm 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

This is a topic where I will showcase certain parts of the game or little demos of things. Not to be confused with the features topic.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 7:49 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

So my first post in this topic will just be an intro video that just shows off my introduction to the game, some stuff around town (which involves self switches on events), and then there will be a short battle demo that shows off a script that I got from Kaduki (a translated version). His/her site is here: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html. To find other scripts go to: rpgmakervx.net and register since I'm not sure if you can view scripts without registering. Also, this site has plenty of useful scripts, too: http://wiki.pockethouse.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
The video is below.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 9:37 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I remember a good time ago you showed at least a screenshot of the town. It's nice to see everything actually in motion.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 6:22 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Yeah. I could've demoed that a while back, but never thought to. However, I think that is the best town I've ever crated in rpg maker.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 7:22 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

One thing I still don't understand is why people insist on making things in VX and XP look like a random mess of graphics thrown together. Sure, an outside location like a forest or something might look like that, but I would think that when making a village, people would clear out things that got in the way and try to keep the place looking somewhat clean, not like someone vomited trees and bushes everywhere.

Otherwise, great video.

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 9:10 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

I really liked the interactivity between Kylie and all of the NPC's. You did a great job on the dialogue. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the project.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2011, 9:51 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

myoky wrote:
One thing I still don't understand is why people insist on making things in VX and XP look like a random mess of graphics thrown together. Sure, an outside location like a forest or something might look like that, but I would think that when making a village, people would clear out things that got in the way and try to keep the place looking somewhat clean, not like someone vomited trees and bushes everywhere.

Otherwise, great video.

I'm not big on a splurge of stuff in towns, but filling the maps in also helps keep it look less like a void of green and brown. I tried to find something aesthetically pleasing enough, while trying to not completely litter the town. I've seen more maps with clutter all over the place and I can't stand it. It's not super random, but it's not uniform either. If you live in a rural area, you'd be surprised at how many trees and bushes are around, along with some open area. My map might be a little cluttered in town, but it's got enough space to say, "Hey, I can walk around" but enough stuff to say, "This town doesn't look like a barren waste of grass and trees that outline our place." I'm not much on uniformity unless it is called for.

Thanks for the comments and the responses, guys.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 5:11 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

After recently starting things back up, I figured I could overhaul the look of the first town of Aluria, along with making updates to the main dialogue (same vein, but a bit different on the wording). After spending some time reading tutorials on mapping on RMVX.net's website, I went to task to learn how to make the tileset I've been using work. It took a while, I finally got it to where I can make the slanted roof houses connect in various ways (like you see in other 2D RPGs). So below is an early product of Aluria. I'll be tweaking things around to try to make it not look like a clusterfuck (windows and such) and other things to try and make it look better than it did.

EDIT UPDATE:

So I spent a little more time on working on the town and have pretty much finished up the town as far as trees and other natural life. I have to put down some townsfolk, but it shouldn't be a problem. I will do like I did before where you have little bits of interaction with NPCs. This will change a little bit of the original opening, the new town layout will, but only by a bit. I do have to rework the movement of the soldier as well as the screen movement. But overall, I think I'm liking this map better than the previous one. Thanks to learning some new things, it has improved the map dramatically (in my opinion). We'll do a map comparison.

Old Aluria:

New Aluria: