Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:24 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 9:39 am 
Rank 9: Mischievous Thief Rank 9: Mischievous Thief
King of Heroes

Level 53

Here I will keep things updated on my progress. Any new scripts, changes, and whatever else will be put here also.

PostPosted: April 4th, 2011, 7:44 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Added a video of the intro and battle demo in the showcase topic.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 8:53 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I have worked a couple of hours trying to figure out how to work a deal where when you fight an enemy, he disappears for the entirety of your time in a dungeon, but once you leave, he returns so you can fight the monsters again. It's kind of like a Tales series type of thing, but with no spawn time. I figure this will be a better way of handling combat in dungeons than to do just random encounters. On the world map, however, I will probably stick to random fights, but I'll have a ball park estimate of what levels to be around to fight a boss to make them somewhat challenging.

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 9:05 pm 
Rank 8: Adept Fighter Rank 8: Adept Fighter

Level 73

Couldn't that problem just have been solved by assigning each of the enemies their own switches which get reset when you leave the dungeon?

1) Statement 2 is true
2) Statement 1 is false

PostPosted: April 6th, 2011, 10:02 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Essentially, what you have to do is create a switch for leaving/entering a dungeon (whatever is your preference), which will serve as a switch that will turn off a self switch so that they reappear on the map. However, you must also at the same time turn of the leaving/entering switch so you go back to the event's original state. For a better view of what I'm talking about...

This saves me the trouble of using a bunch of different global switches. I can have one control every single enemy. So, if you leave the dungeon and enemies are still on the map, they'll still be there when you come back and what you did defeat will return.

PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 6:50 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I have been out of developing for a little while because of school which ultimately ended due to the tornadoes that hit April 27th. I am now out of school and can definitely start doing more with this project. I have made some changes, which will probably effect what I have greatly. We will see though. I will update more in the coming days or weeks, but at current I am tired. Keep your eyes open.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2011, 8:10 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

I've been stuck lately. I started out with this idea over a year ago and while in school, I never really touched it and now I forgot where I was going to take it, so I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. (I somehow lost all the documentation). So for now it's on hold, and I still have all my new documentation. For now I'm just gonna work on a different project until I can figure out what i want to do with what I have or if I wanna try a whole new direction.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2011, 10:26 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

So I'm now back on this old game idea I've talked about here. I recently got some inspiration from a few games (trying not to completely copy them) and figured out how I can proceed with what I already have. Thankfully I don't have much event editing to go through. Hopefully I can make some progress forward now. I'm just going through documentation and explaining things and all that.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

So I take it back on event editing. I am redoing all the towns people, meaning the names will change, as well as who's prowling around and what's being said. I deleted events as I was drafting up the new buildings, therefore all the old dialogue was lost, but fear not. It should be more improved from before (hopefully). I have also posted the old and new pictures of the maps to show how different everything looks.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2013, 10:51 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

So I have been out of the game for a while, but I'm back on the case now. I have picked up the game with Kylie and am revamping things and working a lot more on all the backbone stuff. I am not working on anything in the maker until I get everything else fleshed out. I will only do work when the creativity and the desire come to me. When I try to do it when I'm not into it, I produce crap and it doesn't help or I don't get anywhere. So you won't see any real updates for a while, but be on the look out in the future.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2013, 3:45 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Good to see more activity on the Mag. Good luck, that environmental thing you talked about was really interesting.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2013, 1:41 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Thanks. I am taking my time with this right now. I want to make sure I have all my foundations down before I jump into the maker, but I will update later on about what's going to be included in the game. When that will be, I don't know. But I want to make sure I have my story and everything settled first.

PostPosted: February 6th, 2013, 10:49 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I always like working this way! It turned into a wacky hybrid for the Halloween contest, but that was since it was a week deadline. I have a journal right now though, that I write in whenever anything comes to mind about my main project. I do think it's a good method though, kinda like seeing what scripts you need instead of ones you want from a repository and building around 50 scripts instead of realizing what kinds of events, assets, etc you need from your design ideas.

Looking forward to seeing more.:D

PostPosted: February 10th, 2013, 12:12 pm 
King of Heroes

Level 53

Features thread is updated with information, most or all of which some of you already know.