Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:05 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: December 19th, 2010, 8:29 am 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

Hello Game Creators

The Geex Suite (Game Editor and Engine for Xbox) is about providing tools for creators to quickly build a 2D games.
Geex is basically made of 3 parts:

Geex Edit
It includes the ability to import RPG Maker XP datas

We provide a Tile and Event editor to design your game. Here some some features already included in version 1.0
- Menu system, to manage your skills, items, weapons, armors etc
- Message System, to manage dialogue and message window
- A map editor : 3 layers zprioritized map that includes background (panorama), foreground (fogs and effect), weather (rain, snow, wind etc)
- A pixel movement and collision
- A Non-playing-character database
- Keyboard and Pad management
- particle management
- The event editor helps you with
- Customizing characters movement
- change colors, hue
- manage pictures
- manage items database
- manage variables and conditions
- manage audio and music effets
- manage screen effect, zoom in and out, rotation, change tone

And many many more

Geex Edit is still under development
However in the meantime you can use RPG Maker XP to create your game. Under your request, we will then import your rmxp datas into Geex Play
Your game will be then ready for xbox deployement
this temporarly solution is called Geex Make (script and documentation available)

Geex Play

Geex Play is the main code of the engine, based on a copyright libray (Geex Run (c))
When your editor data are exported into Geex Play, you can play the game right away
However, you can customize bits and piece of the code, to make it fit your needs

Our forum is at your disposal for sharing code, or support

Geex Play is done and under testing.
To be released by teh 25th of december 2010

Geex Game

We'll be providing support to deploy your games on PC or Xbox. Either for the deployement process but also by providing you with music, sprite, chipset

Geex Game is ready for Geex Contributors only so far

Geex is protected under copyright but we will grant a licence upon request, the model is not yet determined.
Still the licence will include:
- Geex Edit : Your Game Editor. Plus you will be able to propose new editors command
- Geex Play : You will be allowed to use and change the engine code for your own purpose. Plus you will get support from Geex Team
- Geex Game : You will receive custom musics, sprites, chipsets and art, free to be used in your game

Here are some videos of one existing game made with Geex Suite:
http://www.vimeo.com/17343308
http://www.vimeo.com/17051075
http://www.vimeo.com/14877173
http://www.vimeo.com/13933887

Geex Team
Roys Gaetz Colin

PostPosted: December 19th, 2010, 4:54 pm 

Level 0

Geex ! IT WORKS!

Day-7 before Geex release

Here comes a little sample from a game edited with RPG Maker XP, and where datas were imported into Geex Engine.

http://www.vimeo.com/17984928

800*600, VideoRecorder does not well-render the Engine Speed, but it's perfectly smooth, and my PC never got under 900 frames per seconds
Of course the version is available of PC and Xbox

Soon, you'll be able to use RPG Maker Xp and export datas to Geex (from 25th on) or create your game directly with Geex Edit (28th of march 2011)

If you want to be among the first to test Geex, please MP me at http://www.geexpowered.com

GeexPowered

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 10:46 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

It's obvious you have no intention of being part of our community. And our site isn't for someone to spam advertisements for something that is only partially relevant to our site (Yes you can make RPGs with it, but we are affiliated with Agetec and their software). Therefore I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 11:26 am 

Level 0

Ok sure, my mistake, I thought this was a RPG Maker (from Enterbrain) community

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 12:01 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Are you from Enterbrain?

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 2:09 pm 

Level 0

Not at all.
We have made a 2D RPG engine + Editor to create RPG Games compatible with all PC platforms and Xbox. On top of that we added the possibility to import RPG Maker XP (from Enterbrain) datas.
That's why I thought here was a RPG Maker XP forum and that's why I posted here...sorry for that

(well, also I am supposed to be interviewed by RPG Maker Magazine (french one), so I guess I got all mixed up a little)

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 2:57 pm 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

never have i felt so much like the glaring patron of some backwater saloon bar.

is it http://www.rpgmakervx.com/ you're after? :)

PostPosted: December 20th, 2010, 8:02 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

Adding on to what Lantis said:

We are directly affiliated with Agetec. As it stands, there doesn't appear to be any relation between you and Agetec. However, we are not entirely against third party efforts as previous events (such as Kupid, or the RT4 translation effort) should have outlined to Lantis.

He may have asked you to leave, but I tentatively disagree on that call. You're welcome to stay if you can flesh out a less tenuous relation to what we do here and develop it. Should that happen, you might find better luck with your efforts on this board if you're posting in the Development & Help where your programs relation to RPG Maker XP would be of more value. That does not mean we simply move this thread there and call it a day - you would need to develop the relation with XP further and present it less as a standalone and more as something that may be useful for x and y reasons during game creation. As it stands, your software seems capable of importing XP data, but can it export data that XP can read? If not, make it happen. Then find points where doing something in Geex would be easier/more convenient/actually possible as compared to XP while still working if exported back out to XP. These kinds of things.

If it doesn't directly relate to or compliment XP (or RT1-4), it has no place here. Simply being able to read data from one Maker we support does not give your program grounds to hang around.

It might also help if you're actually part of the community and not someone advertising a program that pretty much any internet user would likely write off as spam.

PostPosted: December 21st, 2010, 7:58 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Not to mention, the Paypal donation button doesn't exactly help your standing.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 4:52 am 

Level 0

Ok sorry guys, I made a mistake, I thought the idea of being able to export a RPG Maker XP game to xbox would be of some interest. I mean, as a Mag, I thought you would be keen to know what's been done around RPG Maker XP, but I can see I am not at the right place.
I asked nothing but to be part of your community, and I thought the best start would be to share some work I made, but I can sense some reluctancy in your posts.
I mean I carefully tried to read your rules and it's clearly allowed to talk about Enterbrain tool, I may have posted in the wrong forum, and I am sorry for that, but I trust I did nothing wrong but to present a new tool that can be use with one of the RPG Maker you support.
Although, clearly, I am not welcome, so I guess it's me who have to question myself. I'll think over it...
And I will also get rid of my signature, although again I see no restriction in your rules, but I don't want to shock someone Oo

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 5:35 am 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Noblesse Oblige

Level 43

It is of interest. A lot of interest. It's big news if we are able to play games made with XP on an XBox, and any mod/admin here who disagrees needs to heavily reconsider why they're in positions of power in the first place. Lantis has rethought his position on it as well, though hasn't reposted here.

You ARE in the right place if you're looking to generate a buzz for your software. If our digests/magazines were still active (they're on pause right now due to a total site redesign) news like this would likely be huge up there. There might be "reluctancy" in our posts, though that is mostly due to news of software of this magnitude coming from someone who has little to nothing to do with either of the two biggest RPG Maker websites on the internet. You're, with as much respect for your efforts as can come with this expression, a nobody. Advertising software. With a donation button. It comes across as spam no matter how you look at it.

I implore you to not judge your entire stay by our reaction to your posts. I, personally, would love to have you stay around continuously presenting your work and my suggestions in the previous post, however you may have interpreted them, are meant to give you insight into what would help you give us [the RPG Maker Community] the most usefulness out of your work. Even if it isn't immediately, I would love to see you presenting your work as I had previously mentioned in its appropriate place with less focus on your work as a standalone project and more as a tool that RPG Maker XP (and any other applicable maker) users can use for their efforts in game creation.

I was honestly frightened that you had been scared off and taken one of the biggest pieces of news that has been brought to the RPG Maker Community in some time along with you. Even with your most recent post being the type that it is, I am wholly relieved to see that you came back at all. Continue doing so. Flesh out your work and hang around. Be a part of our community.

It benefits everybody. Nobody amounts to anything without cooperation.

(As a side note: I likely will forget I posted this by the morning as I am currently quite drunk. I did my very best to articulate correctly and hope there isn't anything overly difficult to understand. Apologies in advance if I failed somewhere along the way.)

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 8:42 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yes, I apologize as well. As Stythe mentioned, your posts came off seeming more like spam than anything else. It's also an error on my part, as I misunderstood what the program was about, and thought you were advertising a program that simply used RMXP's graphics, not something that actually took advantage of RMXP-made games.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 11:16 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Stythe wrote:
Lantis has rethought his position on it as well, though hasn't reposted here.

This is true. I reacted to your post without thinking on it long enough, and for that I do apologize. But I want you to understand that I value our site and our community even more than RPG Making in general. For example, I actually would have liked to got to know you first before even hearing you had anything like Geex. In hindsight, I would have handled my first post a bit differently. Sorry to come off so harsh.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 1:08 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

This is a copy of the email I sent:

Quote:
Hello there. I haven't replied in your thread about geez on the Mag, but I am the owner of the site and figured I would shoot you a line.

I saw you got an initially negative reaction about your project which I can understand: your post was definitely in the style of "just post, pitch, and leave" that bots or spammers would use. That's why my people were harsh about it at first. I'm sorry that we've started on the wrong foot.

However, if I may, I would like to know if you could potentially make something on XP and then simply have the ability to play it on the system yourself? What would be required to do that?

If you posted more about that, I think that it would be a much better way to warm people up to your ideas.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2010, 6:55 pm 

Level 0

Wow, I am quite impressed, it takes a lot of maturity to apologize to a new comer, especially where you are the heads of the forum.

I shall try to post something in the section you pointed out, and I'll try to carefully have a look at your community to better understand the insight.
I will also try to flesh out my topic with some coming news : like a demo-game made/edited with RMXP but run with Geex, so you can see the performance and possibilities

PostPosted: December 28th, 2010, 6:44 am 

Level 0

Hi there,
is it possible to move this topic to the section you pointed out please? So I can add news, screens, videos and demo to the right section of the forum?
I suppose you can keep my introduction only and forget the rest?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: December 28th, 2010, 10:39 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

This is the section you need. :)

PostPosted: December 30th, 2010, 5:47 am 

Level 0

As promised Geex Play was delivered on the 25th...well...on the 26th precisely :)
But never mind, the engine is currently being "scrutinized" by preselected beta testers, namely:
Scriptopathe
Imperium
Reyson
Thomas

We delivered the engine with the dlls and some tutorials.
Some improvements have already been taken into account, and coded like improving the Cache on xbox.

But we are delighted to say the feedback we received so far are excellent, the solution seems to exceed expectations so far

I am pretty sure these gentlemen will soon new or share some feedback with us...stay tuned

PostPosted: January 20th, 2011, 3:44 pm 

Level 0

There we go finally

Here's a demo game made with RPG Maker XP, and exported to Geex. See for yourself what we can do in a simple way with the engine
You have 4 ingame days in the demo version, use them well :)
(it's a demo, so if you see bugs or glitches you are more than welcome to share them with me)

The config is both keyboard or Pad but the icons displayed are those for Pads. You can check the equivalent Pad/Keyboard in the KeyBoard.txt file
But if you can you should use a Pad

Here's the link : Right Click / Save as : http://www.geexpowered.com/sites/defaul ... pplication

So as you'll be able to see, version 1.0 of Geex is ok, the dll is done, the Geex Play RPG engine is done.
Some beta testers are still in the process of reviewing the code, but I haven't received a bug for a while now ^^

What's next then!
Geex Edit is ongoing, so we still hope to deliver the Suite :
- Geex.Run (copyright protected)
- Geex.Play (open source)
- Geex.Edit (copyright protected)
- Geex.Games....a surprise

by the end of march 2011

What about releasing games
I had a meeting with Microsoft and they are strongly interested in game not present in the live, namely RPG or aRPG
My demo (Fall of Gods) has been sent to a guy at Microsoft Arcade (I'll be sharing news with you)

Still, the indies platform is at hand, so I am looking for a new challenge and:
- A Game-Designer/Artist with a project (RMXp eventually) and who wants to work with me bringing his game to Geex
- And/Or someone who wants to work on Chapter 2 on The Fall of Gods (just event design, dialogue, 2 remaining dungeons, the rest is done)

See you soon

Last edited by Roys on February 15th, 2011, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: January 21st, 2011, 6:01 am 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Does this RPGMXP importing feature violate RPGMXP's EULA? It seems like it would. You're not allowed to use the RTP materials outside of a game made with RPG Maker XP, unless you get written permission from Enterbrain. You're not allowed to decompile, reverse-engineer, or disassemble the RTP materials, or anything from the RPGMXP engine itself. Which I imagine you had to do to do your import feature. Pretty much the only thing the EULA allows you to do with games made with RPG Maker XP is to distribute them, whether free or for profit.

I'm not trying to come down on you, or anything. I just want to make sure you're being safe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next