Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:01 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:10 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Alright. OW and I decided to piggyback on Valk's announcement which made it look like a new RM was coming. So we all talked about it and OW and I decided to make the RM6 real.

I ran a google search for "3d rpgs" and found a couple of nice pictures made with another program. Probably 3dMax. I downloaded them, fixed both up with the "eb!" Enterbrain symbol (which I did have to photoshop) and affixed it to the pictures.

OW programmed a quickie DOS program and made it look like it should be "a concept demo of the game". He also covered for the prank by saying that "If Valk or Ixzion lied to me, then I'd quit". Of course, he couldn't quit because we told him the truth. :p

So, now we had our pieces. Next, starting with the day we posted the announcement, I constantly posted "Sunday April 1 (April 2 in Japan)" in the thread. Why the hell would I need to clarify that so much? While today IS April 2 in Japan, most of us don't live in Japan, now do we?

So, we got to today, and we were going to launch the trick. I happened to be talking with Valk, coordinating the times, and he says "Hey, I have an idea. Get a digi-cam shot of the picture on the Wii". I thought it was great, but only had a camera phone and no SD card.

So I looked for a program on the net that could load the picture up to the Wii from my computer. I found such and got it to the system. I had trouble for a while because it wouldn't send the picture to my email. So I found another camera, did it, loaded the pictures into the PS3 SD port, transfered to USB, and got them here.

However, because the picture was in the Wii browser, it had that white bar covering a bit of the screen. I instead took the picture of the screen (with the Wii in the shot) of the most part of the screen (handily missing the bottom and adding the Wii hand facing right to inspire you) and it came out great.

It was the chief picture that made most of you forget what day it was.

But think about it:
Why would I have a in-progress demo of the game?
Why wouldn't I take a full picture of the screen?
Why is my screen the EXACT same stance as the "official" Enterbrain shot, only with the Wii hand added?
Why is the concept demo so crappy?
Why April 1 of all days?
NO ONE RELEASES NEWS ON SUNDAY.

And then, all that was left was the posting of the Wii and the hard, cumbersome trading method, which is believable due to the Wii's hard-ass FC system.

Hope no one's too mad, but really. April 1? Come on. :p

Last edited by Ixzion on April 1st, 2007, 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:12 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Lol its a nice prank

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:14 pm 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

I knew some of this didn't make sense. Especially OW, and the TV screenshot. I clearly remember OW talking about working with the "concept demo".

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:15 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

No worries... I give you props for the job. I was quite skeptical the whole time, but I'll admit that I gave you a bit more credit that I should have.

Anyway, I commend you for your efforts and shun those without sense of humor or maturaties less than second graders.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:20 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 63

You had me the whole time. I didnt get it till I went to the Pav. Good job.
(April 1st, what was I thinking)

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:21 pm 
Mongolian Chop Squad

Level 0

I knew it was a joke. I really did. But then I saw the screen shots.. And I said.. Well, maybe I was wrong. But then I thought.. Its too soon to say... So I really was believing for about a good 5 min.
I was more worried about all the people who may have taken this joke to heart. But being we are all good friends. I think we all can take a joke. :)

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:24 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

@Ixzion (regarding your post in the RPG Maker 6 topic saying feel free to be 'pissed')

I'm WAY more than pissed! Unlike these sheep above me, I don't think this was funny at all and I requested that you indicate before hand whether or not it was a joke.

So was Enterbrain in on it? Do you think they would think it's funny? I'm thinking about informing them of your use of their logo amongst other things as well as the 'harmless' implications at the PAV, unless of course you can give me reason not to.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:25 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Lantis wrote:
No worries... I give you props for the job. I was quite skeptical the whole time, but I'll admit that I gave you a bit more credit that I should have.

Anyway, I commend you for your efforts and shun those without sense of humor or maturaties less than second graders.

I would like to point out that for the record April Fools jokes are for the most part the height of immaturity. And that it is possible to take a joke too far, and we all have different areas we are sensitive about.

I just get tired of people who automatically claim you have no sense of humor because you found one particular joke to be of bad taste. Then they claim you're immature, you being the one not feeling the need to joke around.

Just thought I would provide the other side of the coin here. So no I'm not mad, but I'm certainly far from amused at a stunt like this.

http://www.thetruecoolness.com
Are you prepared? Do you believe in the Coolness? Well either way check it out.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:28 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 0

I'll admit it, you had me going. Nice one.

Last edited by jerbils on April 1st, 2007, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:35 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Anonymous Bo wrote:
@Ixzion (regarding your post in the RPG Maker 6 topic saying feel free to be 'pissed')

I'm WAY more than pissed! Unlike these sheep above me, I don't think this was funny at all and I requested that you indicate before hand whether or not it was a joke.

So was Enterbrain in on it? Do you think they would think it's funny? I'm thinking about informing them of your use of their logo amongst other things as well as the 'harmless' implications at the PAV, unless of course you can give me reason not to.

(edited content)

"give me a reason..." Like we are going to bribe you for anything...

@ TTC - I see where you are coming from I guess. But at least you aren't being a dick about it like Bo.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:41 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Lantis wrote:
(edited content)

"give me a reason..." Like we are going to bribe you for anything...

@ TTC - I see where you are coming from I guess. But at least you aren't being a dick about it like Bo.

Sure you're not overreacting a bit Lantis.

http://www.thetruecoolness.com
Are you prepared? Do you believe in the Coolness? Well either way check it out.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:42 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Lantis, that's not acceptable, man. I know your feelings, but you can't flame anyone. You're logged with a strike.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:42 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

Lantis wrote:
Anonymous Bo wrote:

(edited content)

Thanks for the MATURITY and relative NON-PRICKNESS Lantis

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:43 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

To each their own...

I said my piece.

Last edited by Lantis on April 1st, 2007, 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:43 pm 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

Anonymous Bo wrote:

imo, that was out of order. if you don't have any respect for the other members here, you should reconsider why you're here. Alternately you might want to retract at least that particular part of what you've said.

...but Lantis, maybe you should calm down?

>_> in all honesty i agree with TTC. but it never really affected me anyway *shrug* so it's not like it bothers me so much.

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:45 pm 
Statistical Magus

Level 0

This is a sad April fools. :cry

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:45 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice
Statistical Magus

Level 0

It was all so confusing if you were following it on the Pav and the Mag. Valk was downplaying the whole thing and at the same time Ix was building it up.

@Lantis: (ha, atlantis)
Why is it when people tell some one to grow up they seem to feel the need to be way more immature than the person they're talking to was?

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:46 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Personally this joke was built up too long for it to not be funny. I wouldn't be laughing if this was sudden.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:46 pm 
Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter Rank 12: Headstrong Fighter
Statistical Magus

Level 0

EXCUSE ME

I THINK THERE'S NO NEED TO CARRY ON INSULTING ONE ANOTHER.

>> *stares at everyone*

PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 4:48 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Anonymous Bo wrote:

No, Enterbrain was not in on this.

However, there's no need to call anyone else "sheep" because they're taking the joke and letting it roll over them. They're having fun off it.

If you really, truly want to call up Enterbrain, then I guess I can't stop you. But please consider that you might be taking the whole joke too harshly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next