Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:32 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 28th, 2010, 12:56 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

i periodically think of stuff to do with my game but end up forgetting it. ill often think of different mechanics on the bus and on how i can break it up to make it work. the greatest enemy i have is time as i forget everything so ill jot some down here to perhaps remember later. you also get a look into how i plan some stuff out. my games are always open source or check it out and borrow whatever you like.

-snipper shot game with moving cursor as player. perhaps use the same mechanic in a scene where you have to target a person to see a scene.

-alternative snipper shot game: have character in signature fake controller. have black squares controlled by separate switches, unique per box, one page on and black, one off and clear. moving on fake controller turns off all switches and sets up a circle like clear area (12 squares maybe) by turning them all on. trigger as center of controller.

-select a prize for some games. allow full movement of prize selector so character can pick prize on maybe a revolving wheel like thing.

-memory control pad to open some locks. has a pattern of 4 symbols flash and you need to emulate it. perhaps multiple patterns you need to get right from memory. same for numeric keypad for some locks.

-trading game for 4th card possibly. random points exchange currently held goods for a higher or lower priced one. swap happens on switch command and random squares. need a way to make sure all items get traded. different stuff to effect the price. multiple price levels. at trading store multiple shop conditions to reflect the current value and not confuse selling wrong items. need to combat buying price against half price resell. negate excess work by having trader buy one at a time?

-ff8 stats block like ultimicias castle. adren, items, blocked weapons or armor, magic, ect.