Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 16th, 2024, 12:28 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 27th, 2010, 12:54 am 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

as per my usual dilemma, ive hit a wall with my 3rd scenario card. i have a good inclination to where i am heading with the 4th card though im having trouble making the links to get there. the real issue is with some parts of card 3 that just dont work. ive not been satisfied with them for quite some time which has road blocked my progress. i know that if a game designer isnt satisfied with a part then their players most likely wont be either.

i identified the parts that suck profusely, the entire story arc of xiko, the lack of dialogue to meet the elder connection in roshans arc, the complete lameness of jordans side adventure, and the hollowness of haidars arc having no discernible story what so ever. everything mentioned has been sacked, the sackers have also been sacked.

to replace this chaotic mess i will again refocus on the story itself first then develop as necessary the bits that push the characters to their next destination. the biggest change will be xiko which i felt lacked something fun and exciting (the whole damn game did). im contemplating a big event akin to some of xith's zombie smashing though with a different concept. im trying to generate a level or two and some content with this as it will make up a good chuck on xikos arc this card. i havent figured out what my transition will be for the end of the card which has me worried.

jordon will be the next most difficult change as i have not the slightest clue what to do for his mini arc. the whole damn concept i had for this bit feels lame so i will keep the end result but change the method. hairdar will get a new story bit at the start of the chapter but i still have no ideas for one of his side quests. he is to sabotage alazars egm maker entry (dont ask), but i cant find anything fun to do to achieve it.

other issues ive been contemplating include making the names and stats of the last two characters whom will appear in my game but i havent decided on one of them. ive also been trying to weed out any excessive futuristic stuff that could unbalance my game. i just cant plunk a ton of advanced stuff and have it all go to waste because of the amount of time ill be focusing in the past.

so much to think about, sigh.

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2010, 4:08 pm 
Rank 4: Fighter in Training Rank 4: Fighter in Training

Level 0

Just built another mini game, one of those destroy everything ones. This time you can do it one of two ways, either avoid everything or run over certain ones to make some cash or prizes. This mini game is a challenge.

Beyond the mini game I've decided to go the route that many others have gone. My game will have an intro flash screen which will offer extras, offer a proper game introduction and serve as a strong start to my game. This will free up some room and allow me to continue working without worry for past inequity.

I've also decided to can the shield idea I had as it doesn't fit well nor does it seam to improve my game enough. By eliminating the slot I have also axed the two weapon slot so now players won't be able to easily shatter my game just by adding another weapon. My game will be adjusted accordingly.

Hopefully I can get this 3rd card out soon. Without the impass I can't see any reason as to why I can't finish it.