Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:06 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 17th, 2008, 4:18 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Evil Fantasy is uploaded and ready to be played.

It's for RPGM 3 and winner of the Pavilion Shameless Rip-of Contest.
http://www.pavilionboards.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19635

Name of Game - Evil Fantasy
Name of Creator - Lausen
System - RPG Maker 3
Data Slot # - 3
Genre - Survival/Horror
Rating - Teen
Type - Full Game
Inspired by - Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7

In the years after the meteor fall Shinra once again rose to power, but it didn’t take long for the gruesome experiments to start again. November 3rd, 2018- The day that will go down in history as the start of the end. The day a virus broke out in the near by mountain community, Kalm. It hit the peaceful little town with a devastating blow crippling its very foundation. The T-Virus has ravaged the planet for the past 4 years. The few remaining survivors hide behind closed doors fearing the nightmare that is the T-Virus. Now Bryce Galion, former 1st class SOLDIER must find a way to cleanse the planet from an evil that threatens all humanity.

*Game Features*

- In game tutorial.
- NO random battles. All enemies can be seen and avoided.
- Custom battle system. Find and conserve ammo to survive the hoards of zombies.
- Find powerful Materia to help you complete your mission.
- Enemies have many drop items including the valued Gil.
- Use Gil to buy new guns, items, and upgrades from a traveling merchant.
- Many unique and innovative puzzles that push the limits of RPG Maker 3.
- See the world of Final Fantasy 7 in a whole new way.
- Explore 4 world maps with an eerie atmosphere befitting a zombie invasion.
- Strong character interactions, and cut scenes.
- Your actions at certain points of the game can affect the progress of the story.
- The return of old characters that can be recognized from both Resident Evil and Final Fantasy 7.
- Twists at every corner.
- 4-6 hours of game play.
- New Game+
- Hidden bosses and puzzles that unlock ultimate items that can be bought during the New Game+

Any feedback would be awesome. :) Also if you find yourself stuck at any point you can ask for help in this thread or by PMing me.

I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Lausen on November 22nd, 2008, 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 2:19 pm 
Rank 1: Untrained Thief Rank 1: Untrained Thief
Blithering idiot.

Level 0

Sweet! I want a crack at a copy as soon as it's done.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 5:23 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Rats, I haven't even started mine! Maybe your progress log will motivate me to actually start mine :D

PostPosted: April 18th, 2008, 8:57 pm 

Level 0

Well if it modivates other people besides myself thats all the better.

I managed to start my second field before Softball practice. It's of the Junon area. I'm not really that far, but it's looking good.

I also finished the puzzle and added some decorations to the first dungeon. I put in some small non story events and chests.

I have also thought about where the game needs to go so I have a basic idea of what I'm doing. I have thought up like 5 or so pretty unique(or at least I think so) puzzles. More to come by the end of the weekend.

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 6:32 pm 

Level 0

Update,

I am nearly finished with a new town. It's pretty much done except for adding the Infected and all the hidden items that come with Resident Evil games. The town holds 3 different puzzles that correspond to each other. The main one uses the storyteller.

I watched ever cutscene in Crisis Core on youtube. That really helped with thinking up the main story. The dialogue has been pretty easy so far because I know most of the characters personalities already. That makes things easier. I'd say the hardest part is making the mood scary like Resident evil is. RPGM 3's lack of music makes it hard, but I'd say it's coming along.

The game is pretty linear like RE 4, but because of that things happen back to back. There really isn't much downtime in the game. At least for how far I am. Another challange I'm having is making the world feel like Final Fantasy 7. Because it takes place in that world and it being linear I've had to adapt. Though, it's no where near exact I think you'll be able to reconize some of the areas.

Right now I'm at 17% flat. Also it's kind of hard having a progress log that I need to watch what I put in. I don't want to spoil too much

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 6:41 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

This is gonna knock my entry out of the park. :p

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2008, 9:57 pm 

Level 0

The last post is actually from a few days ago. I posted it on the pav, but forgot to post it here. This is the newest progress.

Update

Well I have got some decent work done over the last two days.

2 new characters
2 new classes
5 new items
1 new monster
5 small storytellers
A new town

I made the biggest story event yet. It gives more insight on the main plot. It takes 2 full modes. Most of which is dialogue and a boss battle.

I added a crap load of decrotives, chests and small events. I also got rid of the default level up system. It is something more that fits in with RE and gives more modivation for fighting. Also everything is balanced up to this point. I'm at 21.2%

PostPosted: April 29th, 2008, 8:41 pm 

Level 0

Update

Well, it's been about a week since the last update. I have got a lot done in that time. I made 2 new towns. 1 of which is completely done. The other is more then half way completed. This includes a crap load of decoratives. I also made a new dungeon. It's not very big, but it holds a pretty cool puzzle. I have made 6 new puzzles in total. That has taken most of my time, and a good chunk of memory. 3 new monsters have been added. Between the 2 towns and dungeon I added around 20 small interactive events and 10 treasure chests. With the interactive events I have been trying to flesh out the characters and their personalities. I'd say it's going okay so far. Every thing is balanced up to where I am.

Having a deadline has made me work on this a lot more then Holy-Chaos. I haven't been rushing either. I've just been trying to make sure everything is of quality work. Because of the genre I'm ripping off, I'm going to keep things on the shorter side. I hope to finish up this town in the next couple days.

I'm at 31.2%

PostPosted: May 11th, 2008, 10:26 pm 

Level 0

Update:

This weekend has been pretty productive. I completely decked out a castle. It has 3 different puzzles. I made 3 rather large story events. The bulk of the time I spent with RPGM3 this weekend was working on a new map. I spent at least 10 hours working on it. It's completely finished. I made a dungeon that holds a few puzzles.

I also planned out the next few towns. I'm at 41.6%

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 12:11 am 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Good to see that people are taking a contest seriously. I was beginning to worry. Good luck on your entry!

PostPosted: May 15th, 2008, 8:27 am 

Level 0

Thanks Ix. I just hope a lot of people are taking this one seriously. I see contests as the best way of getting the best work out of people. Hopefully leading to great ideas and innovative things with the makers.

I would say this is the most fun I've had with any game too. I haven't lost modivation once. It's a good (Long) break away from Holy-Chaos, but I think that's what I need since I'm down to playtesting and fine tweaking on that. When I go back to it I will have a refreshed view.

PostPosted: May 17th, 2008, 9:55 pm 

Level 0

Update

Well I've got a lot of stuff done. Not all of it is necessarily new, but time consuming. I made a few new monsters and changed around almost all of the battles. I made a new map, as well as revised an old one. The new one took well over ten hours to make. I'd say that's what most of my game time went to this week. I'd say it's probable the best map I have made. The changes to the older map really went well too.

I made a new dungeon and a town to go on the map. I made multiple puzzles.

PostPosted: May 31st, 2008, 1:33 am 

Level 0

Update

The game is completely layed out. All of the maps, towns, dungeons, etc... I have finished the main story events as well. About 2/3 of the game is completely balanced. Now, I'm going back and adding chests and interactive events. I also am going to go through the dialogue and tweek a lot of it. It was kind of rushed because my main focus with this game is the features. That and having a deadline. It looks like I'll be done with it a few months in advanced.

I'm at roughly 83% I still want to try a feature I thought of the other day. I think it would add a lot to it, and it looks like I'll have the space. It's really hard to update without giving anything away.

I hope other people are having fun with this contest too

PostPosted: June 18th, 2008, 12:47 pm 

Level 0

Update

Progress is still very good. I did a few playtest now and made sure all bugs are fixed. The biggest thing I've done though is a puzzle. I've been working on it for the past 10+ hours. (Not in 1 sitting of course) It's by far the most complex thing I've ever created with 3. It seemed every time I found a way to make it work something would mess it up. I nearly gave up on it at the end, but I found out why it was glitching and was able to fix it. I didn't reset 3 variables at the right time. The problem is that the puzzle is made up of exactly 30 different events. If one thing happened wrong the whole thing is screwed. Having to back track through all of that is not fun. Overall I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'll make the deadline with plenty of time to spare.

I'm at 92.7%

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 1:18 pm 

Level 0

The contest is over and this is available for download. Chack it out and tell me what you think. Any feedback would be awesome.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 2:03 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Dammit, if I still had my PS3 MC adapter I would play. :(

Unleeeeeesss it was also in PS3 format :p

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 2:16 pm 

Level 0

I can convert it for you.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 10:56 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

I wanna say congratulations on completing your game! Not too many people in the scene can do that nowadays.

You're special. :)

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2008, 11:05 pm 

Level 0

Thanks. One more to go.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2008, 1:11 am 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I'm at a tough spot.

[spoiler]I'm at the spot where you first fight the Infected Ogre, I'm out of ammo and only have 1 herb. Bash isn't strong enough because the Ogre uses Armored Core.[/spoiler]