Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:55 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 8th, 2008, 1:34 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

It's been a long time since I've worked on this with my other projects. Those being my contest game Evil Fantasy and a game I've just kind of been messing with Mirage of Destiny. Today I finally worked on it again. Not a lot, but I made some progress as far as playtesting goes. Really that's all that's left to do. It's just that it's a long game.

My goal for this is to play at least an hour every day until I finish. I don't know how long that's going to be, but that's the goal. I'm judging my hour of playtime by the in game clock. That way there's no excuse to stop early.

I still have mixed feeling about this game as far as quality goes. It's my first major game I've worked on, and I started it over a year ago. After finishing up EF and seeing the difference in my own skills I'm kind of disappointed with this. I know I shouldn't be because I put my heart and soul into it making it, but it just doesn't compare, especially map wise. Right now I figure I put so much time and effort into it, it would be a waste not to finish it.

Hopefully I'll be updating this daily even if it's only some small stuff. That way I can at least keep track of my own progress.

PostPosted: September 11th, 2008, 3:38 pm 

Level 0

Update

It's been a few days since I said I was going to be playing at least an hour a day. I've lived up to it so far. I've put in 4:36 in playtest mode. Of course I don't count the time it takes to change thing and fix spelling, so I've been playing quit a bit more.

I have found a few big errors. One being I modified a variable instead of adding. It just determined what a certain character said so it isn't a huge deal. Another one is still kind of a problem. There's a part were you get an item, but if your inventor is full it won't give you it.

The rest has been spelling stuff. I definitely want to keep this progress up. I should be on the second slot by the end of the weekend if I don't run into any technical glitch. As long as it's just spelling I'll make it.

PostPosted: September 14th, 2008, 11:30 am 

Level 0

I managed to get an hour and a half in last night. I know, even more then I said. I have almost a full notebook page of spelling errors to fix though. I'd rather do a lot of error fixing at once. It takes more time to fix an error every time you see one. So needless to say I have a lot of fixing to do today. The good news is (not anything to do with car insurance) I'm almost on the second slot.

PostPosted: September 15th, 2008, 4:42 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Congrats on your progress. I know how easy it is to fall into apathy about something.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2008, 2:37 am 

Level 0

*Update*

I've Hit Holy-Chaos hardcore today. It's basically all I've done. I completed my playthrough. Anything that needed to be fixed or I though could be changed has been. All that I need to do to my knoledge is add skill discriptions for the main characters and DECORATE. Something that doesn't get boring.

I have like 3.3% on Slot 1 for decorating. It doesn't sound like much, but trust me it can get you a long ways. Slot 2 has like 10% That's a lot of decorations. I may do a few eater eggs. We'll see. Once I'm done with that, which should only be a few days at the most I'll send you the files Obright.

Man, I feel good right about now. It's only a matter of time until I can submit it. Thanks for all of the support guys.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:51 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

CHAOS CANT BE HOLY :p

PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 1:59 am 

Level 0

That's what you think.