Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 29th, 2024, 4:02 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 5:57 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

This is a development thread for my game.

Name: Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed.
System: RPGM3
Rating: Teen

Well I am new to the boards, but I'm not new the the software. I have been posting on the pav for a while now. And the one thing I learned is people are Sceptical about new members that say they have a game idea right off the bat. So I'm going to start by posting these screen shots to hopefully kill any Skepticism. Please leave any comments.

And I'll be editing this first post often. That way all of the info about the game is in spot and you don't have to look through a bunch of different posts to try and put the pieces together.

Credit to Obright for taking the pics.

By the way I do have development threads on the pav, but I'll do this one from scratch. I seen some people have the exact same ones. I'll use it as a chance to start over with all of the stuff I learned and added to the game from those threads.
Story/Plot/Ideas

Past: I'll start with the world in witch the game takes place. 400 years before the game actually takes place the planet was filled with wondrous technologies. It showed in every aspect of life from towns to military even the jobs people preformed. The different empires lived together in harmony, until one empire decided to use technology to make powerful weapons of war. The others had no choice but to fight back. The war lasted years with no end in sight. Then an unexpected chain of natural disasters wiped out everything. All technology was lost in the chaos. The worlds population was greatly decreased.

Among the ruble one kingdom managed to stay unharmed. The Naharic empires capital city Nahara escaped harms way. Those who survived the storms fled to Nahara for refuge. Nahara's leaders realized the damage all of the refuges would do to there economy so they built a grand wall around there boarders. Those outside the wall became known as outsiders.

The outsiders were forced to rebuild and start over. They struggled just to survive. Some became bitter towards Nahara for abandoning them. At any rate Nahara is the last ones to still have decent technology.

Present:
Well like I said it's been 400 years since the disasters hit. Nothing much has changed. Nahara is basically a monopoly. The outsiders haven't been able to advance because every time they learn even the smallest amount of new technology Nahara sends there Elite Knights and crushes their hopes. Most of the people that live in Nahara have never even seen outside the city limits let alone outside the great walls. The have a false image of the outside world at best.

Main game:
Well the game revolves around a prophecy. The Prophecy reads: In the years to come an epic discovery will be made. It will lead to countless battles and a great war will be fought. This discovery will be strong enough to combat the great city. The old will hide in fear and the young will pick up arms and fight for their futures. The world already in this depressed state will begin to decay and chip away. The body count will only keep rising. Death will be the only escape. The war will continue endlessly until the chosen one rises up to except their fate. A mirage of the past will purify the planet one way or another. In the end much will fall. That's as much as you need to know about that.

The prophecy revolves around gems called Cryolite. (Gems I know how Cliche) Think of them as Materia.

Last edited by Lausen on November 12th, 2007, 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 6:49 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Amazing Screenshots.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 10:24 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

"Very pretty colonel, but can they fight?"

Credit where credit is due and credit is do especially for the path 3 pics below the panoramic sunset.

PostPosted: November 12th, 2007, 10:34 pm 

Level 0

Anonymous Bo wrote:
"Very pretty colonel, but can they fight?"

Credit where credit is due and credit is do especially for the path 3 pics below the panoramic sunset.

Oh they can fight. They have managed to create a monopoly for over 400 years they better be able to fight. While I'll have a lot more of the main plo over the next few day's so hopefully you'll be able to get a better idea.

And thanks about the comment on the path.

PostPosted: November 17th, 2007, 7:30 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
Rainbow Crash

Level 89

Marvelous screens, Lausen! You guys are really making RPG Maker 3 shine!

PostPosted: November 17th, 2007, 10:38 pm 

Level 0

Thanks Ixzion. That means a lot when people encourage my work.

And making it shine is what it's all about. Pushing boundries and making even the normal basic stuff seem nice and polished.

PostPosted: November 18th, 2007, 10:32 pm 

Level 0

An update from the first post.

You play as Lausen Basberg. He is a member of Nahara's Cadets. The games starts with the cadet’s final field exam before graduating to Elite Knight. During there test something goes terrible wrong. It not only sends Lausen's life, but the entire world spiraling out of control. For the first time Lausen starts to doubt what he fights for? For the first time he thinks the leaders of Nahara could be hiding something. He puts it upon himself to find the truth and what he finds could change everything.

Characters:

The first four are in a squad together right in the beginning.

Lausen: He is a young 18 year old of the Naharic Cadets. His father is the general of the Elite knights and because of that Lausen was put through advanced training. He fights with many different weapons. (Weapon Trick) His main is the sword and later changes to Katana. At the beginning he is a very optimistic person. He has complete confidence in his abilities and never shows fear just to keep his teammates from worrying about the situation. Things change later when he starts to doubt himself though. He becomes confused about what is going on, but still tries to hold it in. (You might not realize it as you play, but there is a scene were he lets go and brakes down.)

Cecelia: She too is an 18 year old in the Naharic Cadets. She was an orphan as a child until a family took her in. She grew up as a pretty good friend of Lausen's, but might want to be more??? (I'll let you ponder that) She generally is in a good mood and she hates it when people walk on others. She uses swords as her main weapon. (Again I used the weapon trick)

Troy: A 16 year old archer of the Naharic cadets. He is known for being able to shoot in rapid succession. He lets his mind wonder off a lot. He mainly just wishes to see what is outside the walls. That's why he joined the cadets. He is very adventurous, but also soft spoken around people he doesn't know despite his charismatic look.

Maria: She is a 17 year old member of the Naharic Cadets. She is very skilled at thievery. She is cunning and sneaky, but has a short temper. Her temper can get her into fights often, but luckily she can back her words up. She prefers knifes and short swords over anything else.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2007, 11:21 pm 

Level 0

Here are some more character descriptions.

Phelix: He is 19 years of age. He too is a member of the cadets. Phelix is very cocky. He doesn't take crap from anyone and if something is on his mind he'll say it. He is one of the strongest cadets and is never shy to draw his sword. He doesn't let people forget it. He and Lausen have a bit of a rivalry going. Phelix believes because Lausen's father is the leader of the Elite knights he gets special treatment. Though he is tough on the outside you can see he isn't so bad.

Meriph: 18 and a member of the cadets. (Last one) He is very quite. He only talks when he feels it's necessary. He doesn't let any one in so you almost never know what he's thinking. He can be very cruel at time but that's just his nature. What makes him different from all the other cadets is he uses magic much more frequently. When things come to close combat he opts for a staff over anything else.

Isaiah: He is a 20 year old outsider looking to make life better for all. He is a very strong willed man with great sword skills. Though he is a good fighter he would rather settle things peacefully. He is an idealist that fights for the innocent. He believes the outsiders shouldn't go around blaming Nahara for they're problems. He wants to create a united world. He is the leader of a small group of Rebels.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2007, 2:27 pm 

Level 0

Well I have a bit of an update. I'm currently at 69.6% The story part is slowly coming to the end, but I have a feeling it will take up the rest of the percent and that doesn't include any items or monsters. I have planned to do two slots from the start so I'm thinking I'm right were I want to be. Progress has slowed the last week, but I just started my 2 week winter break so I plan on getting some solid work done.

I did manage to conserve space by combining two maps to just one. It turned out pretty good. Thats about it for now. I hope I'll have something more the next time I update.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 7:57 pm 

Level 0

Well I have another update. I managed to get some work done the last two days. I made a very big story event that I think came out excellent. I'm also doing a bit of map work on the two I don't have screen shots of. They're turning out better then before. I can say they are just as good as the ones I have posted. I even think the one is better.

I'm about 72.9% now. Things are deffinetly looking good thus far. I can say it might be one of the longer games made with RPGM 3, but it has some nice plot twist to keep it good. I also tried to eliminate fillers. That's about it for now.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 10:26 pm 

Level 0

Here is my demo for Holy-Chaos: Prophecies Unleashed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 10:47 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

That's been put into the game vault already, right?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 11:06 pm 

Level 0

Duel wrote:
That's been put into the game vault already, right?

No, I couldn't figure it out. For some reason when I hit submit new game it didn't do anything. I ask Izxion so he knows, but I still didn't get it to work. I'm a noob I guess. I'll figure it out soon or a later.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 11:07 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Did you register at the front page?

PostPosted: December 27th, 2007, 11:19 pm 

Level 0

Yup. Registered, made sure every thing was filled out. Used the same zip file as this one and for some reason when I clicked it it did nothing. Ixzion asked me all of these questions too.

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2008, 12:51 pm 

Level 0

~Update~

The last two days I have done a complete playtest of my game thus far. I have had to change some stuff up and eliminate a few bugs and a lot of spelling errors. It has given me a few new ideas for, but I'll have to wait before I can put them to use. I also finished two big story events. One that has the roof collapse (Credit to Obright) and so I had to make sure that ran smoothly. It took a few tries, but overall I think I got it right. The second involved a dream like sequence.

I also started working on my Airship events. I just have how it looks on the field map and a few people guarding it done so far. I started to type the script for that on the computer for spell check. Thats my goal for today. To finish typing the diolgue and then actually start the coding in the game. I'm about 75% right now. I think I'll use up less space then what I thought, but will most likely still have to use two slots.

I'll end with a quote from my game. "A cause is lost only if you allow it to be." Lausen

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2008, 11:08 pm 

Level 0

Well I have an update. It's been a while. Over the last few days I got some good work done.

I finished three storytellers
Made a new dungeon
Quite a few events. 1 took two full modes. A lot of special effects:)
Did some playtesting and fixing.
Last is just planning the next few events more clearly. This way I know exactly what must be done.

Also I have thought of a cool way to make the airship interior. I'm limited to using a dungeon, but I plan on haveing elevators and because we are trying to stop it I thought of a cool way of doing this. I'm going to try and make different engine roomsw you have to blow up. We'll see how it turns out.

Now that I think about it the story is coming to the end. Hopefully it will only be another month of working on that and considering how long I've been working on this that isn't much. I'll still have a lot of work to do, but it will go faster. Text is by far the slowest part. Well I keep you posted.

Overall it's at 82%

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 12:56 pm 

Level 0

~Update~

Well over the last few days I got a lot of work done. I mean a lot!

1. I finished my final map. It's a variation of the one I entered in the map contest. I also made the final town. That took along time because I had to keep switching to another file I use just for testing stuff. The overall look of the map and town really came together, and you'll get to see a bit of a different version of it, but basically the same in my second “Field of Dreams" map.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 6:24 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
Keep it cool

Level 13

Wow. I'm impressed. Any planned release date yet?

My studio is Quixotic Productions! Check it!

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2008, 7:46 pm 

Level 0

No planned release date as of yet. I don't want to limit or rush myself. I still need to do the last story event and then I'm going to work on monsters, items, NPC's, decrotives, and sidequests. That's about the right order. I plan on balancing last.

I guess that means it could still be awhile. Hopefully a few months. That sounds long, but I've been working on it for almost 8 months. It all depends on how long I stay in the groove.