Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:54 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 26th, 2015, 2:29 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

I’m sure some of you probably remember me from a few years back. I used to be pretty active around the Mag. Life has been pretty crazy, but I never dropped RPG Maker completely. I fiddled with RPGM 1 for a long time until I realized I would never have the time to complete a game with it. The lack of keyboard support really hinders it. But around 6-7 months ago I picked up VX Ace, my first Computer maker. It sort of blew my mind with how much more you can do with the software. I’ve spent most of that time working on smaller things learning the software and what could be done with it. I popped in and out of here with some questions, but never wanted to post about a project until I was a little more committed.

That brings me to my most recent project. Of course, I still fall into the trap of making games on WAY too large of a scale to ever really complete, but the premise of my new game kind of supports that. The game revolves around a small upstart mercenary group, the Sovereign Guard. You begin with a few tents and build up a base of operation from there, eventually ending up with a small city.

The game is pseudo open world. You run around doing quests for NPC’s to build up a reputation, recruiting new warriors, finding building materials, ect… Very much like Dragon Age Inquisition. This setup allows me incorporate most of my ideas into one game. I have a nasty habit of thinking up a character, quest, puzzle, scenario, whatever it might be and it doesn’t work in my current game so I start a side project. Then neither of them get done. With this I am able to add just about anything into the game and make it work. So even if this becomes something I only mess with on and off again in the coming years I will be able to make progress. Or a jumbled mess of my ideas all in one place. Regardless, it gives me a creative outlet.

All of that being said, I have a substantial amount done already. Kind of. I think. Here are some screen shots of my progress.

The player gets to choose what the main character looks like.
You also get to select your starting class.

[img]http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/lausenrev/Map%204_zpsdkbgpcj2.png?1437935023660&1437935024140
[/img]

[img]http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy9/lausenrev/Map%2012_zpsyq0ushpq.png?1437935023660&1437935024140
[/img]

More info to come.