Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:34 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 4th, 2014, 3:01 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Complications

Level 39

So, for anyone who has been paying attention to new releases, I had uploaded on the last day of June my Indie Contest entry, Decrepit Progeny. It is available both at the contest's website and here http://www.rpgmmag.com/rmvault/rmvxa/ga ... it-progeny.

I am currently working on the primary game at the moment. I will not however put aside Survival II or III for it (well, S3 IS taking a backseat until 2 is officially released).

Any questions or comments about the game can be put here. I will also be giving out updates on the game's progress in this topic rather than the blog topic.

Oh, and btw: this is the game I replaced Creedence with. While the prologue available now has practically none of the ideas from Creedence, the material for Creedence's story will be moved to DP. Might as well not let all of the effort I put into it go to waste. Luckily most of it was story related material that I wrote down in a .rtf file first and had yet to painstakingly put it into that RPGM3 game yet. :P

PostPosted: July 6th, 2014, 10:13 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

No questions, just HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!

You need to play this, if you haven't.:)

PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 5:47 pm 
Complications

Level 39

So... this game didn't win a thing in the contest. Nor did any entry from the sites I frequent (such as Wavelength's game). Though it's nice to see the grand prize winner was a standard RPG Maker game- RTP, nothing more (that I know of). So it's nice to know there was no bias, unless I'm missing something.

Oh well, back to making the full version of this thing. Unlike other games like Survival II, I will be releasing demo versions at some point.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2015, 11:06 am 
Complications

Level 39

In case anyone is curious how my game did in the contest...

Quote:
Thanks for reaching out! The game Decrepit Progeny scored a 12/60 and 25/60 from our judges. The presentation and story of the game were noted as being decent, but the overall dark vibe of the game made navigation a little tedious, especially when combined with the font color. The first save point was noted as being too far from the beginning and was recommended to be placed right after the opening, especially since the game was tutorial-heavy early on. There were some notable wrinkles in the gameplay such as lockpicking, but the difficulty and balancing of the fights seemed a little too challenging early on. There were also some potential battle animation issues in which monsters just stayed hovering above the player character during combat.

:cry

Side Note: The main portion is under full development. And I didn't need this judge's evaluation to make the necessary changes. There are no longer save points or a nigh-unreadable font (though how they were more bothered by the font color than the font itself is beyond me). On to the full game! Also, I will be releasing a public demo to coincide with MagCon, seeing as there will be no demo at MagCon itself.