Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:02 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 9th, 2013, 4:00 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage
Complications

Level 39

For the Pav Anything Goes contest, I have been working on a game titled 'Credence' for RPGM3.

I haven't really talked about this game just like I haven't really talked about the Survival games lately. This is because over the years I have seen- and done myself, really- too many times that RPGM game have been updated and talked about so much that they seem old hat by the time they are are released (IF they are released).

So, to make these games as fresh as possible, I haven't spoken of them. But I will give a few details on Credence, though this thread is really for questions/comments for when the game is released.

This game is, to put it bluntly, an RPGM3 game made by someone who doesn't really care for RPM3 for people who don't really care for it. My aim was to make it as painless as possible to go through. While there are random battles in the game, they are limited only to dungeons, on Low encounter settings, and regular enemies can be defeated in a couple turns usually.

This is also the first time in the 8 years this game has been in my position that I have come up with an idea and atmosphere that held my attention long enough to make using RPGM3 worth it. (While the game is old, I give Vonwert and his Whispers in the Woods game credit for inspiring me and convincing me that serious, good games can indeed come out of this.)

I am also trying to use the game in ways I haven't seen in other RPGM3 games (not to say it didn't happen before, I just don't know about them). The game includes upgradeable skills, being very story driven, and it was designed to have minimal to no inventory management. It will also be relatively short by choice, but there is still enough to satisfy the few stragglers out there who like RPGM3 games enough to explore every nook and cranny and get immersed. Well... I hope. :)

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 12:43 pm 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Do you accept Debit or Credence?

PostPosted: September 10th, 2013, 1:22 pm 
Complications

Level 39

Only cold, hard non-renameable gold coins.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2013, 5:38 pm 
Complications

Level 39

A small update.

This game will not be completed for the contest, but I still plan on getting it out by the end of the month. While I still like working with the console RPGMs, this game proves why it is a good idea me move to PC makers after this and Survival II are released. Simply, I can load them up instantly and work on them quickly and whenever I feel like it. Life makes console RPGMs impractical when you have responsibilities. :P

PostPosted: September 13th, 2013, 11:35 pm 
Complications

Level 39

And we got an extension. Contest entering is back on.

PostPosted: October 5th, 2013, 1:22 pm 
Complications

Level 39

... or not.

This game will see release sometime soon, but after Survival II as it is my top priority.

Also, after that, I will be purchasing RPGMVXAce and get started on the full version of Survival III (and the Halloween contest entry- which I may or may not complete in time as I am delegating that to spare time only).

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 6:33 pm 
Complications

Level 39

A small, unfortunate announcement. Well, unfortunate depending on your point of view...

This game is cancelled. I know, you're all heartbroken, right?

Personally, I'd rather focus on getting S2 done then going to VX Ace. While I liked the game, it won't be completed. I may polish it to a short finished thing, but it will be just an hour long thing at most.

I'm going to focus on the Survival series and the main version of the contest submission to the Indie Game Contest. So see ya, RPGM3 game that never was, we hardly knew ya. :(

PostPosted: June 18th, 2014, 4:06 pm 
Rank 0: Magonian Apprentice

Level 1

That's sad to hear. I was following your announcements, pretty interested to see how this came out. How far along were you?

You can probably translate a lot of the ideas to your VX Ace game, if that's the route you want to go. I was trying to wrangle RM3 into doing a lot of complex game mechanics back when I used it, and never quite got there. But when I switched over to the PC Makers, I found almost everything doable.

PostPosted: June 19th, 2014, 6:37 pm 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage
We didn't play twister mister

Level 50

I agree on maybe transitioning to VXA. I thought the concept of Credence was pretty cool!

PostPosted: June 20th, 2014, 1:31 am 
Complications

Level 39

Wavelength wrote:
That's sad to hear. I was following your announcements, pretty interested to see how this came out. How far along were you?

You can probably translate a lot of the ideas to your VX Ace game, if that's the route you want to go. I was trying to wrangle RM3 into doing a lot of complex game mechanics back when I used it, and never quite got there. But when I switched over to the PC Makers, I found almost everything doable.

Fayorei wrote:
I agree on maybe transitioning to VXA. I thought the concept of Credence was pretty cool!

Yeah, alot of the ideas (mainly the story) is being moved to the main game of the title I'm sending into the Indie Game contest (not the actual contest entry though- that's all original).

I wasn't really that far in. I had quite a bit of areas made, but only random bits of content in it. Basically not much story added within it yet.

I will release what I have as a short game. Probably will be a small canon side-story to the Ace game (the name of it is Decrepit Progeny, btw). One of the chapters in Progeny will be titled Credence though.

I suppose I still want to release something as a lot of the ideas I had for this game uses the features of RPGM3 quite well. There is still enough in there that it may take a couple hours- if you really like exploration- so it should be something at least worth releasing. I will get to it after the Indie game and Survival II are finished. Which I am HOPING *crosses fingers* is soon.

*tired eyes*