Site Announcements

• Account registration restricted. Email lord.ixzion AT gmail.com and I will get you set up. Thanks.
  • RPGMM Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/YJnAfVr

• New to the site? Let us know!! - Check here.
  • RPGM Magazine Mission Statement. - Check here.
  • We now have a forum up specifically for the races, check it out. - Check here.

[Continue]

It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:40 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: December 7th, 2008, 4:43 am 
Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage Rank 11: Sexy Black Mage
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Yup, that's exactly what you need to do.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: December 7th, 2008, 12:31 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

But you want them both to have the graphic else, the statue on the swith you are talking about would disappear.

You'll pretty much need to turn on a switch for any changes in events throughout the entire game.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2008, 10:50 pm 
Rank 2: Eager White Mage Rank 2: Eager White Mage

Level 0

Here's my practice game. Please download and tell me what ya think. It's my first game made with the software. It's in PS3 Format. The time is way off. I have a tendency to walk away from the TV.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 1:35 am 
Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage Rank 10: Cute Lil White Mage
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I played it.

It's good for your first game, I liked it but the battles were a little tough and I barely got lucky against the crazy mountain guy. I didn't like the background as the area looked like it was floating. The ending was pretty funny, imo.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 8:09 pm 

Level 0

I'm glad you liked it. I thought the same thing about it floating, but I wasn't sure what else to put. I'll admit I didn't spend too much time on the battles... What did you think of the dungeons overall?

Also, I'll be adding an updated version of it soon. I need to try a few more things before starting the Epic game known as Holy-Chaos: Mirage of Destiny.

PostPosted: December 8th, 2008, 10:45 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

I liked the dungeon, it wasn't too big.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 3:42 pm 

Level 0

I have a huge problem. I have an event that moves the parties location to a different dungeon. The problem is for some reason when I warp it's not in the spot I told it to. It's still on the map, but in a really weird spot. Any idea on how to fix this?

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 3:46 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I guess just make sure that if you shifted the screen in a scene before the move location, that in the intro event of the new location, you have screen position set to default.

I've had a few times where I forgot that command and the party wasn't on screen and the camera wasn't centered with where I told the move location. I added a make party visible, but of course that didn't fix it because the party WAS visible... just not on screen. So yeah, check that first.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 3:56 pm 

Level 0

Lantis wrote:
I guess just make sure that if you shifted the screen in a scene before the move location, that in the intro event of the new location, you have screen position set to default.

I've had a few times where I forgot that command and the party wasn't on screen and the camera wasn't centered with where I told the move location. I added a make party visible, but of course that didn't fix it because the party WAS visible... just not on screen. So yeah, check that first.

*Bangs head agains wall*

Thats what it was. I guess I over looked it since I tend to test each section individually then connect it. I had the game start there when I was making it so there was no need to default it. Thanks for the quick reply.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 4:01 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

No problem. Glad to know it was something fix as easily as that. I've had some weird problems that I STILL don't know what happened. Of course, it's at places were I've pretty muched reached the max limit of events in one location. One example of this is that there was one event that if set to "check" it wouldn't work even when the page conditions are met... but simply setting it to "touch" (and that be the ONLY change) and it would run just fine. It wasn't at a time were it made much of a difference, but you know... it would have been nice to know what was up.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 7:05 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Lantis, was the event sitting on top of another event? Things tend to get wonky when that happens, especially if one of the events had a page change.

"What if like...there was an exact copy of you somewhere, except they're the opposite gender, like you guys could literally have a freaky friday moment and nothing would change. Imagine the best friendship that could be found there."

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 7:25 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

Nah... I wasn't doing anything like that. The even WAS a door, which is two tiles high, and you approched it from the north.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 7:30 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

Was it using a door graphic? 'Cause apparently you can only check-trigger the bottom half of doors.

PostPosted: December 10th, 2008, 7:34 pm 
Site Admin Site Admin
"The worst pokemon."

Level 97

I guess that might be it. Though it's weird that you can touch-trigger it from the top but not check-trigger... doesn't make much sense though. I really want to say that I did check-trigger one previously... but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: December 11th, 2008, 10:13 pm 

Level 0

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to transfer this sprite to PS3 version?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2008, 7:06 pm 

Level 0

Is there no way to force a death? I've been trying, but nothing has worked. I'm thinking I'll just have to bring them to the begining of the dungeon.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2008, 8:34 pm 
At the Scumm Bar

Level 50

Make sure you turn off the appropriate switches for a forced death.

PostPosted: December 28th, 2008, 10:51 pm 
Rank 7: Learned Black Mage Rank 7: Learned Black Mage
Elf lover

Level 37

Quote:
Not quite. I actually use the command for my enemy encounters, stopping them from reappearing until after the player goes to another map screen. Considering how many there are, it's a good memory saver, as opposed to using switches and pages to make them disappear.

Quote:
I use Unable to Execute for non-random battles. That way the player has infinite amount of battles, as the battles reset when they leave the room and come back.

Hmm... I never thought about that. I'll have to check how much memory would I save if I put that on my own game...

Lausen wrote:
Is there no way to force a death? I've been trying, but nothing has worked. I'm thinking I'll just have to bring them to the begining of the dungeon.

How were you trying to force a death? I wanted to give the option of using money to not die if you were defeated in my game, but since I couldn't force a game over if they refused to pay, I kind of found a way around it. Not sure if that's the sort of forced death you are looking for

PostPosted: December 28th, 2008, 11:30 pm 
Spotted Skunk/Dragon

Level 158

The only way to force an actual Game Over is to throw the player against an enemy named "You Lose" that has 9999 of every stat and a spell that hits the entire party for 9999 damage. There is no out-of-battle Game Over.

PostPosted: December 29th, 2008, 12:45 am 
Rank 6: Potent White Mage Rank 6: Potent White Mage

Level 0

Draygone wrote:
The only way to force an actual Game Over is to throw the player against an enemy named "You Lose" that has 9999 of every stat and a spell that hits the entire party for 9999 damage. There is no out-of-battle Game Over.

Are you serious? Why wouldn't they include a feature to actually end the game? Did they use to end games a different way traditionally?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next